Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Good luck with that one ... in the Wisconsin exit polls today, Obama beat Romney by 5 points. Romney needs too many electoral votes to be able to win.

Of course, those exit polls also said Walker-Barrett were tied at 50:50.
People will lie and say they are voting for Obama because they know this administration is similar to a KGB operated one.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the exit poll was done by black panther party members.

He's a lame duck. Whites are still the majority and most whites are sick of the man-child. He'd be better off attempting to play golf or basketball. That's about his pay grade.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
People will lie and say they are voting for Obama because they know this administration is similar to a KGB operated one.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the exit poll was done by black panther party members.

He's a lame duck. Whites are still the majority and most whites are sick of the man-child. He'd be better off attempting to play golf or basketball. That's about his pay grade.
I don't think it's a racial thing at all. 61% of Obama's support on Election Night 2008 was from whites. Without white voters, he'd never be close. But it's a stretch to say that a huge fraction of the supporters for him (who happen to be white) have defected.

It is more of an economic factor. The old line used against Carter in 1980 still applies: "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?" If you don't receive government assistance, the answer is likely "no" and you'll vote accordingly.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Dee Tee Stables

what a waste of time, energy and money. all this hubbub, and the status quo remains the same.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
I don't think it's a racial thing at all. 61% of Obama's support on Election Night 2008 was from whites. Without white voters, he'd never be close. But it's a stretch to say that a huge fraction of the supporters for him (who happen to be white) have defected.

It is more of an economic factor. The old line used against Carter in 1980 still applies: "Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?" If you don't receive government assistance, the answer is likely "no" and you'll vote accordingly.
Oh it's not a racial thing at all? Explain the Zimmerman case going viral. Explain why Obama's African-American critics magically support him come election time. Blacks who don't support Obama are ostracized by their own race. Explain why the south and West Virginia essentially supported thin air over Obama in primaries. Explain why Rubio is the favorite to get the VP nod other than the fact he's ethnic?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post

Obama's chances took a huge hit this past friday on the jobs numbers. You can't very well pound your chest in March and then blame the other guy 2 months later. He owns this labor market and it needs to improve no later then Sept or it will be too late.

Damar Hamlin
Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Obama's chances took a huge hit this past friday on the jobs numbers. You can't very well pound your chest in March and then blame the other guy 2 months later. He owns this labor market and it needs to improve no later then Sept or it will be too late.

well, sure you can! nothing like politics to show you can have your cake and eat it too.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
what a waste of time, energy and money. all this hubbub, and the status quo remains the same.
Actually I think the recall energized the republicans and I think it back fired on Democrats. Walker won by a bigger margin than 2010. Riot and other democrats now hope for felony charges against our govenor instead of trying to create jobs, lower taxes and improve the quality of the state. It is a fundamental difference in principals. They are hoping for failure when the GOP is in charge, while most republicans never hope for failure regardless of who is in charge and do not cheer for bad news. When unemployment numbers were bad the dems were cheering. When unemployment numbers and job creation was proved to be wrong and the numbers actually showed growth the dems didn't believe it and called Walker a liar and a crook. I don't think I could ever cheer for someone to lose their job. The people of the state haven spoken stop your crying and let's get back to business.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
One of the Senate seats flipped, so it isn't exactly the status quo.

I'm glad of the result. There's a strong chance Walker is going to get indicted on things he did as County executive, and a trial of a sitting governor is much more interesting than one of a private citizen.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
One of the Senate seats flipped, so it isn't exactly the status quo.

I'm glad of the result. There's a strong chance Walker is going to get indicted on things he did as County executive, and a trial of a sitting governor is much more interesting than one of a private citizen.
i was referring to the governors recall. i know about the total amount of seats, and that republicans still have the majority-so, in total, nothing really changed.
and if there's a chance of indictment, they should have waited to force a recall after that. i can only imagine the amount of chaos that could occur if people start trying to have recalls every time a piece of legislation gets passed that some don't like.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Actually I think the recall energized the republicans and I think it back fired on Democrats. Walker won by a bigger margin than 2010. Riot and other democrats now hope for felony charges against our govenor instead of trying to create jobs, lower taxes and improve the quality of the state. It is a fundamental difference in principals. They are hoping for failure when the GOP is in charge, while most republicans never hope for failure regardless of who is in charge and do not cheer for bad news. When unemployment numbers were bad the dems were cheering. When unemployment numbers and job creation was proved to be wrong and the numbers actually showed growth the dems didn't believe it and called Walker a liar and a crook. I don't think I could ever cheer for someone to lose their job. The people of the state haven spoken stop your crying and let's get back to business.
By "business" of course, you mean Big Business. Because the "fundamental difference in principle" to which you refer is that Republicans believe Companies have more value than Individuals.

Republicans- they love America, but hate Americans.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
i was referring to the governors recall. i know about the total amount of seats, and that republicans still have the majority.
and if there's a chance of indictment, they should have waited to force a recall after that.
It is amazing that people speculate on a person's guilt without knowing anything other than what they read in the liberal media. It is also interesting that they hope for this instead of hoping that the state can grow, create jobs and prosper. This recall should not have happened. Sore losers once again....

If Walker is indicted and is guilty than let that play out in court, but last I checked no charges have been brought and the investigation which Walker requested has been going on for over 2 years. Innocent until proven guilty or in this case innocent until charged
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Saratoga

What a humiliating defeat for Democrats and Unions. All that big Union money, high turnout and it goes down in flames.

Somehow I suspect the liberals wont get it and the Unions will ramp up their criminal activity. Unfortunately for them the gravy train has come to a screeching halt.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Coach Pants

Liberals are typically narcissists and slacktivists. They don't like losing and will always seek revenge at taxpayer's expense.

It's usually middle-aged white women that do yoga and wear yoga pants to costco and talk on their cell phones without any awareness of the people around them. They're the ones wanting to assassinate the characters of those that don't fall in line with their beliefs.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
By "business" of course, you mean Big Business. Because the "fundamental difference in principle" to which you refer is that Republicans believe Companies have more value than Individuals.

Companies are made up of large groups of people with a collective goal. Companies that aren't pro-America should be punished, guys like Immelt should not be rewarded with high level positions while decimating the American portion of their workforce.

Agreed?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Companies are made up of large groups of people with a collective goal. Companies that aren't pro-America should be punished, guys like Immelt should not be rewarded with high level positions while decimating the American portion of their workforce.

Agreed?

Damar Hamlin
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Coach Pants

Let her and the false left-right paradigm be!! It's awesome in that web. The spider is a vegetarian.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

i find that as absurd as when people say democrats hate their country. doesn't it bother you when people make ridiculous assertions about democrats? but then, if you do the same about republicans, how does that make you any different than the people you complain about?

personally, i think the sooner everyone realizes that they're all politicians first, party be damned, and that they only care about themselves, the better off the citizens would be. perhaps then people would start to become energized, more involved, and understand they are the ones who can make changes, not career pols who only look out for themselves and their financial supporters-not the voters.

Last edited by Danzig : 06-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
It is amazing that people speculate on a person's guilt without knowing anything other than what they read in the liberal media. It is also interesting that they hope for this instead of hoping that the state can grow, create jobs and prosper. This recall should not have happened. Sore losers once again....

If Walker is indicted and is guilty than let that play out in court, but last I checked no charges have been brought and the investigation which Walker requested has been going on for over 2 years. Innocent until proven guilty or in this case innocent until charged
isn't it amazing that a group will cry innocent til proven guilty, unless it's a party opponent? then they demand a lynching. absolutely ridiculous.

not every investigation finds criminality. not every arrest means the person is guilty. why would a persons political persuasion change that?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Are you fuking kidding me? Please take off your rose colored glasses. BOTH and I repeat BOTH parties not only hope for but try to inflict failure on the other party.

Damar Hamlin
Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Are you fuking kidding me? Please take off your rose colored glasses. BOTH and I repeat BOTH parties not only hope for but try to inflict failure on the other party.
Are you saying the primary goal of our representative government is to get re-elected no matter the cost to the nation?