Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
anyone get psyched out by cards like this? i was looking at it last night and on my 1st run thru a card i just highlight stuff that interrests me, good workouts, odds in past races, where they raced etc etc and it usually takes me about 45mins. last night i was at it for an hour and a half and was only thru race 6. Like i said does anyone out there look at a card like this get overwhelmed?
I understand your point. I often feel like I have a better hand on cheaper races because there are more hopeless horses to just ex out and more obvious patterns. Little Mike isn't in those races to ruin my day but maybe now he should be.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Saratoga

Per Dave Grening, Central Banker a scratch out of Met Mile for having a legal medication administered to him within a prohibited time frame before the race.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Per Dave Grening, Central Banker a scratch out of Met Mile for having a legal medication administered to him within a prohibited time frame before the race.
So there will be a conso on the 2 day double?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
So there will be a conso on the 2 day double?
There is on any other double with a scratch at NYRA, I imagine it will be the same with the two day bet.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
true
he won yesterday....i feel better now.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Dee Tee Stables

I wish I lived near NY. Would be a great day at the track.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
anyone get psyched out by cards like this? i was looking at it last night and on my 1st run thru a card i just highlight stuff that interrests me, good workouts, odds in past races, where they raced etc etc and it usually takes me about 45mins. last night i was at it for an hour and a half and was only thru race 6. Like i said does anyone out there look at a card like this get overwhelmed?
my thoughts exactly, almost seems like more of a sit back and watch the impending show kind of card, it's that good. And, scarred money don't do any good in those pools. PK4's for me will be chopped to DD's and exacta's as i legitimately have 6+ possible winners in each race

best of luck today all

-bt-
Old 06-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Thoroughly enjoying these races. The just a game just finished...another great battle to the wire
Old 06-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Will he be lucky 13 and become the 12th?

Good luck chrome.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Saratoga

What a shame to see California Chrome's owner Steve Coburn making a complete fool of himself post race. What a sore loser.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
What a shame to see California Chrome's owner Steve Coburn making a complete fool of himself post race. What a sore loser.
That was awesome!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 PM
The Curragh

He really went for it there.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Completely. I was just talking about how classy these people have been. Two minutes later he's making me look like an idiot. Be sad if you want, but nobody beat your horse because they pulled some sort of trick. He didn't have it on the day. There's still Champion 3yo and Horse of the Year. Go for those and stop griping. If they change the TC spacing with things like his remarks as an excuse, I'm gonna get mad.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Completely. I was just talking about how classy these people have been. Two minutes later he's making me look like an idiot. Be sad if you want, but nobody beat your horse because they pulled some sort of trick. He didn't have it on the day. There's still Champion 3yo and Horse of the Year. Go for those and stop griping. If they change the TC spacing with things like his remarks as an excuse, I'm gonna get mad.
I completely agree. I am sure now we are going to get people blaming Espinoza, especially after Randy Moss' comments.

As far as I am concerned, Victor Espinoza gave that horse every chance to win and unfortunately he just was not good enough today.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Well.....maybe next year
Old 06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Your horse got beat today.......suck it up and saddle that mother up and beat his ass in the next race. Jesus HC...needed a serious emotion check prior to that
Old 06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
Your horse got beat today.......suck it up and saddle that mother up and beat his ass in the next race. Jesus HC...needed a serious emotion check prior to that
Yeah. My dad pointed out to me that his wife was poking him in the gut and he turned and gave her the stink eye. Here's the thing, Tonalist and Commissioner wanted in the Derby and for points and illness reasons couldn't go. How does that guy know Tonalist wouldn't have beaten him in the Derby? Or Commissioner? Clearly distance isn't an issue for them and they both showed speed. It's not like some nobody plodder beat them. These were classy horses, bred for the distance. Tonalist's female family's rock solid.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
That was embarrassing! I was shocked watching that tirade! What happened to sportsmanship and congratulating the winner? Geez.

Congrats to whoever had Tonalist on top. I didn't.

Happy for Joel anyway.

Thanks for the fun times, California Chrome.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
That was embarrassing! I was shocked watching that tirade! What happened to sportsmanship and congratulating the winner? Geez.

Congrats to whoever had Tonalist on top. I didn't.

Happy for Joel anyway.

Thanks for the fun times, California Chrome.
Agree with all of this. That was sad, they were lovable small pocketed owners, but in the end they showed there lack of class.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Santa Anita

Haskin tweeted: "California chrome grabbed a quarter. Took good chunk out of his foot. Likely out of the gate." That blasted gate. Can't blame him as much then if that hurt his chances, but it's not like Tonalist didn't have own excuses for not being in the first two races. Maybe Chrome would've had to tangle with him and we wouldn't be talking about CC as a dual winner.