Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT-
are you telling me you're not gonna be there with some sort of loud shirt on? I find it hard to believe your a no show.

Safe travels to all heading up to AP, i couldn't make it this time as flights were just too damn expensive.

GL ALL

-bt-
Work calls, no appearance for me this time
Old 07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Oaklawn

Safe travels to all heading to AP and especially KnS as she goes for two in a row. Can't attend either though likely heading to Atlantic City for the day.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Narragansett Park

I'll be rolling into town tomorrow ... drove about 3 hours tonight and will knock the rest off tomorrow - another 5 hours or so. Nice break for the 4th of July weekend.

Last edited by stevepopyak : 07-01-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Steve Byk

Need a head count of anyone planning on attending Thursday as I'm making seating arrangements tomorrow and would love a rough idea of how many we will be...

Of course any DTer more than welcome to join in.. Please don't be shy about introducing yourself to the group...

Sent an Email just now to partners as well (FYI)...

More tomorrow!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Work calls, no appearance for me this time

wow..... this the same guy who watches twin spires tv at work all day, somebody must have cracked the whip on ol Scavs...... we all gotta grow up sooner or later, hope all is well.

I'll give a $5 spot for anyone who can get some quality pics of that hot blonde who does the racing updates out there.... and a $20 for anyone who pinches Jessica Pacheco's a$$!!!!

i'm good for it

-bt-
Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Newmarket

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Need a head count of anyone planning on attending Thursday as I'm making seating arrangements tomorrow and would love a rough idea of how many we will be...

Of course any DTer more than welcome to join in.. Please don't be shy about introducing yourself to the group...

More tomorrow!
Just read your e-mail Steve, great analysis of the race....agree that she does fit well here and she'll be all of 7-1 again on Thursday. The #2 is the "most likely" and the 7 & 3 will also be in my exotics. Looking at a 2-5-7-3 as my selections....hoping she comes out of the race fine and gets a "check" with a good effort.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

More tomorrow!
So...Where are you staying? Girl with? Dinner? etc, etc
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

More tomorrow!
Dont go buying anything in regards to seats, pm me before you do anything
Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT-
wow..... this the same guy who watches twin spires tv at work all day, somebody must have cracked the whip on ol Scavs...... we all gotta grow up sooner or later, hope all is well.

I'll give a $5 spot for anyone who can get some quality pics of that hot blonde who does the racing updates out there.... and a $20 for anyone who pinches Jessica Pacheco's a$$!!!!

i'm good for it

-bt-
No no, boss is actually out of town the rest of the week, I could risk it, but co-workers are a little sketchy. I have no problem pissing off the boss when she is in town, but it is a real big negative to piss your boss off right when they get back from vacation.....
Old 07-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
No no, boss is actually out of town the rest of the week, I could risk it, but co-workers are a little sketchy. I have no problem pissing off the boss when she is in town, but it is a real big negative to piss your boss off right when they get back from vacation.....
You're looking a little peaked....

Do it like a pro. Go home sick at about noon today to set the table for tomorrow. If you are sick one day, no one believes it. If you're sick two days in a row, suddenly the co-workers start saying, "Wow, he's been out two days in a row, he must really sick.

The cherry on top would be to take the third day too.

The holiday throws a monkey wrench into your deal though. No one will believe the above scenario leading into a holiday weekend.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc

Do it like a pro. Go home sick at about noon today to set the table for tomorrow. If you are sick one day, no one believes it. If you're sick two days in a row, suddenly the co-workers start saying, "Wow, he's been out two days in a row, he must really sick.

The holiday throws a monkey wrench into your deal though. No one will believe the above scenario leading into a holiday weekend.
He's already played that hand at least twice.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Arlington Park

safe travels to ALL for the weekend. GOOD LUCK! to our girl, come back safe and sound.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:

Wow, that is professional...however, this tactic is never supposed to be spoken aloud, or written down anywhere. A boss somewhere might read it.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
He's already played that hand at least twice.
.....Are you taking notes in regards to how solid I am when it comes to getting out of work, I think there was a two week stretch in May where I only worked 3 days a week

If there is anything I am a professional at, it is getting out of work.

I think I did the ole 'set-up' routine for when Hacker Craft ran, and then Rain Shower the following day Gonna have to wait about another 4-6 months before it comes out again.

The next excuse will be doctor related probably...."Oh, this Ear/Nose/throat guy has a 6 month waiting list but he can get me in next week" type excuse....
Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Oaklawn

the good news is that if you ever are ordered to bring in a medical certificate, DT has it covered...can you say 'docicu'...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetoone
Wow, that is professional...however, this tactic is never supposed to be spoken aloud, or written down anywhere. A boss somewhere might read it.

i never believe it when someone calls me and says they're sick anyway....matter of fact, i'm about to call in right now, and i'm ok!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:

and you know there is no excuse before a holiday..
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Flemington

Now that you are a softball hero/icon again. Why don't you talk up about a big game tonight and then call in tomorrow with a badly sprained ankle. Then go into work with an ace bandage on Monday and play the whole my holiday weekend was ruined because of the ankle deal. You won't even have to fake that bad of a limp because of the 3 days off too.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Now that you are a softball hero/icon again. Why don't you talk up about a big game tonight and then call in tomorrow with a badly sprained ankle. Then go into work with an ace bandage on Monday and play the whole my holiday weekend was ruined because of the ankle deal. You won't even have to fake that bad of a limp because of the 3 days off too.
OMG that is an outstanding IDEA!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Flemington

I am here to help!