Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-18-2009, 03:54 AM
Randwyck

Default that stormcat breeding interview

that stormcat breeding interview the one were the bloke talks about the late stormcat & the way we are breeding conformation faults into our horses is there a link?

Thank you in advance
Me
Old 11-18-2009, 04:50 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_idol
that stormcat breeding interview the one were the bloke talks about the late stormcat & the way we are breeding conformation faults into our horses is there a link?

Thank you in advance
Me
Idol,

It will come as a surprise to the 'late' Storm Cat that he's dead. He's quite alive and romps daily in a paddock with his pal, the very good sprinter Clock Stopper.

Not sure which interview you mean, though we did have Rick Waldman from Overbrook a couple years ago. I was pretty direct asking him about Storm Cat's bad temperment and lower limb instability. Dr. Allday has talked about Storm Cat's faults as a sire too. Not sure if those are the references you have in mind though...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Randwyck

lol i thought he was dead Dohh thats just the Homer Simpson comming out in me
We did have Rick Waldman from Overbrook a couple years ago. I was pretty direct asking him about Storm Cat's bad temperment and lower limb instability that was the one :-) was that a couple of years ago now, WoW how time fly's when you get old ,I remember it because there hadnt been much on breeding & this was a Great interview breeding side of it
is there a link to it or has it been scrapped ?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_idol
lol i thought he was dead Dohh thats just the Homer Simpson comming out in me
We did have Rick Waldman from Overbrook a couple years ago. I was pretty direct asking him about Storm Cat's bad temperment and lower limb instability that was the one :-) was that a couple of years ago now, WoW how time fly's when you get old ,I remember it because there hadnt been much on breeding & this was a Great interview breeding side of it
is there a link to it or has it been scrapped ?
That show was a breeding special featuring Waldman, John Sikura (Hill n' Dale) and others, and came on the heels of the 'Mutuel Interests' special (Steven Crist, Andy Beyer, Maury Wolff, Jerry Brown, Andy Serling, Ted Mudge) I did with John Perrotta. It is out of the Archives by now, but on a CD in the studio. When I go down to Florida over thewinter, I'll go through the old shows and put some of the memorable best ones on the 'Best Of' page.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Randwyck

Thank You