Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Hollywood Park

Post RIP James Gandolfini

To the Skip.....you will be missed....
Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Gulfstream Park

Was in NYC at the Bronx Zoo one overcast October day during the 3rd or 4th season of the Sopranos. Very few people around and we stopped to eat at the cafe. We're at our table eating and I spot him and his wife and young son in the gift shop nearby. They come into the cafe and most of the staff come out of the woodwork to see him. He can't even order his food they were so aggressive. He was so gracious and eventually they get their food and sit at the table right behind us. I let him have his space and eat his food before I slid over and ask for a photo while shaking his hand. Told him how much I loved the show and he thanked me for watching. Great guy. RIP
Old 06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Fairgrounds

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=quz0oa1...eature=related
Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Del Mar

Default Very sad passing.........

I only watched the final 3 seasons or so of The Sopranos, but it was a quality show. James was terrific as Tony, if I recall he won 3 Emmy's? The little performance I will remember was Gandolfini's work as Bear in Get Shorty. It was not a huge part, but a funny little performance, as the stuntman turned enforcer for Delroy Lindo's criminal character. I recall the scene at the restaurant on the staircase, John Travolta's character ( knowing Bear was a former stunt man) decides to test him, grabs him by the junk and tosses him down the stairs. Then says " That's not bad for a guy his size" lol! Very good film. He will be missed. RIP T Bada Bing!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Fairgrounds

Very sorry to hear that he had passed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends
Old 06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Washington Park

I was shocked to hear that he passed away. Only 51 years old. I never watched the Sopranos that often but was a fan of his. I pray for his young son, wife, and young daughter that will never have the opportunity to know her father. Condolences to everyone that was close to him. Very sad news.