Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 PM
oracle80

This surface is one of the best orchestrated marketing con jobs ever attempted to be perpetuated on the racing public. And mark my words, it may take a while, but at some point that will be exposed.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
no one ever said the word 'eliminates' which is vastly different in definition than 'prevention'...the word used when discussing polytrack and breakdown.
Yes, you are exactly right. No matter how good a surface is, you will never be able to totally eliminate injuries. All you can hope for is a surface that will dramtically reduce injuries.

The new cushion-track at Hollywood is amazing. It is much kinder on the horses. You can never get trainers to agree on anything but the rave reviews are unanimous about this track so far. I have not heard one bad thing about the surface. That is incredible if you realize how hard it is to please everyone. Every trainer that I've talked to says that many of their horses that were sore started travelling much better almost immediately. It will be interesting to see if everyone is just as happy once we start racing on it. I am pretty sure that there will be some horses that won't like it. Then we might start to hear some complaining. I don't like the idea of having all polytracks out here because if you have a horse that doesn't like, then you are screwed. You have to ship somewhere esle.

Anyway, there are plenty of good tracks throughout the country that have good surfaces and I don't think that they need polytrack. I don't know if they necessarily needed it in California. We definitely needed some kind of new track because the surfaces out here were pretty bad. I would have rather if they could have put in a new dirt track that was safe. But if my choice was either polytrack or what we had, I would take the polytrack. It's just been too hard to keep horses sound out here the last few years.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
This surface is one of the best orchestrated marketing con jobs ever attempted to be perpetuated on the racing public. And mark my words, it may take a while, but at some point that will be exposed.
Dude NOTHING is done with the racing public in mind.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Dude NOTHING is done with the racing public in mind.
LOL!!! Good point.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
It has nothing to do with marketing. The trainers love it. Horses stay much sounder on it. I've talked to numerous trainers. They all say the same thing.