Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I’m curious what you guys wanted Rosario to do. He was on a dead closer. She got beat for 2nd by a horse that was behind her early.
He needed to get involved earlier when it was clear the pace wasn’t challenged. For a handicapper as good as you I sure you can clearly see that. You are smart enough to understand if plan A don’t go your way you need to adjust. As a matter of fact she won at Belmont while back 1 1/2 at second call. Rosario that day. I stand by what I said, the pace wasn’t challenged and he needed to get involved earlier. Newspaper of record was able to settle and reserve and it was over in the stretch.

Last edited by jms62 : 06-27-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
He needed to get involved earlier when it was clear the pace wasn’t challenged. For a handicapper as good as you I sure you can clearly see that. You are smart enough to understand if plan A don’t go your way you need to adjust. As a matter of fact he won at Belmont while back 1 1/2 at second call. Rosario that day. I stand by what I said, the pace wasn’t challanged and she needed to get involved earlier. Newspaper of record was able to settle and reserve and it was over in the stretch.
Its one thing to sit back double digit lengths if the leader is going 22.3 and 47 through the half but Newspaper was cruising at 24+ splits...I say it was over before they hit the 1/2 mile pole.....Irad pulled a "Rosario" on the field
Old 06-27-2020, 06:05 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
He needed to get involved earlier when it was clear the pace wasn’t challenged. For a handicapper as good as you I sure you can clearly see that. You are smart enough to understand if plan A don’t go your way you need to adjust. As a matter of fact she won at Belmont while back 1 1/2 at second call. Rosario that day. I stand by what I said, the pace wasn’t challenged and he needed to get involved earlier. Newspaper of record was able to settle and reserve and it was over in the stretch.
I don’t agree at all. Uni got run down for second by a horse that was behind her. Had he got involved earlier how would anything have changed? She wasn’t outfinishing the winner or runner up, so running faster earlier would’ve led her to an off the board finish IMO. If you watch a replay of the race you’re referring to (I just did) you’ll see she wasn’t 1 1/2 back at the second call.

That was not the same Uni that we saw last year. It’s certainly possible she needed one and I think jocks are the most useless creatures on earth. I just don’t agree he could’ve done anything to change what happened today.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:10 PM
Keeneland

I’m also not convinced the pace was that slow. They got a lot of rain. I’ll be curious to see how Timeform rates the pace.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:27 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I’m also not convinced the pace was that slow. They got a lot of rain. I’ll be curious to see how Timeform rates the pace.
48 and he slowed it down from there after receiving zero challenge. Rosario used far more energy getting involved from way back then if he got involved earlier. Just my opinion.