Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default I'm holding a press conference here right now

I've recieved a contract extension and will be posting here through the 2012 season.

Certainly, those close to me have felt retirement after the upcoming triple crown series was the right way to go out.

However, this season still looks very promising. There is continuing instability in the Paddock with a fresh collection of recent new arrivals. Not to mention the random wild card of a PG 1985 meltdown and subsquent banning which normally comes days after the Derby.

Esoteric Central has markedly declined over the last year or so...it's basically a ghost-town littered with mostly lame threads and slapdick quality posts. However, the sudden revival of Beulah Racing could lead to an Eso Cent form reversal.

Politics/Society is unarguably the biggest sh!thole going...however, we do have a Presidential election coming up drenched in class and racial overtones.

Sports Bar & Grill is again relevant to me as Randy Moss is currently employed with the San Fran 49ers and is still doing self-hosted Internet TV shows.

I am going to take my girlfriend out to a nice dinner at TGI Friday's tonight and explain the situation as gently as possible to her.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Dee Tee Stables

you're doing this all wrong. you are supposed to announce repeatedly that you're retiring, who will take your place, etc, etc. you're actually supposed to leave to much fanfare, and then return and say oh, i've decided not to retire.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Louisiana Downs

Arrow lol

lol retire hahahahaahahahah... if you need a break just say it...
anyways your a funny character and you write good stuff

what ever you do, don't retire

go on vacation ,take some time off ........

The Rock says it doesn't matter.........

Can you smell what the Rock is cookinnnnnngggggg.......

Last edited by AlreadyHome : 04-23-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: lol
Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
I've recieved a contract extension and will be posting here through the 2012 season.

Certainly, those close to me have felt retirement after the upcoming triple crown series was the right way to go out.

However, this season still looks very promising. There is continuing instability in the Paddock with a fresh collection of recent new arrivals. Not to mention the random wild card of a PG 1985 meltdown and subsquent banning which normally comes days after the Derby.

Esoteric Central has markedly declined over the last year or so...it's basically a ghost-town littered with mostly lame threads and slapdick quality posts. However, the sudden revival of Beulah Racing could lead to an Eso Cent form reversal.

Politics/Society is unarguably the biggest sh!thole going...however, we do have a Presidential election coming up drenched in class and racial overtones.

Sports Bar & Grill is again relevant to me as Randy Moss is currently employed with the San Fran 49ers and is still doing self-hosted Internet TV shows.

I am going to take my girlfriend out to a nice dinner at TGI Friday's tonight and explain the situation as gently as possible to her.
You had me at rate the hats
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Oriental Park

Can we get a weekly ask Calzone Lord anything segment? For an hour you can answer questions about racing, sock care, subway etc....
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Can we get a weekly ask Calzone Lord anything segment? For an hour you can answer questions about racing, sock care, subway etc....
A Fireside Chat?

Sure, ask away.

No subject or topic is off limit.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Oriental Park

If the derby was today and no one was compromised by post position, who would you use as key horses?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
A Fireside Chat?

Sure, ask away.

No subject or topic is off limit.
If Zenyatta is omnipotent, can she create a boulder that even she can't lift?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
If the derby was today and no one was compromised by post position, who would you use as key horses?
Dullahan, Daddy Knows Best, and Creative Cause will be on all of my tickets.

Those are clearly the three most likely horses to finish on the board imo.

Dullahan and Daddy Knows Best are (even with Trinniberg in) still more likely to finish 2nd or 3rd than win.

It's a large field and a competitive race ... the winner is sometimes unpredictable because they show a tactical dimension no one could have confidently predicted before the race.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRoll View Post
I don't know what omnipoten even means.

I just found Zenyatta's first two races on VHS tape complete with TVG coverage. Ken Rudolph predicted she would win the KY Oaks right after her 2nd career start...considering she was just a month away from turning age 4 ... anything is possible I suppose.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Hialeah Park

God I miss Ken..

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.co...en-in-the-wiz/
Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
Thankfully, his contract wasn't renewed.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Belmont Park

How do you recommend attacking an all-you-can-eat buffet for maximum dollar cost efficiency - both chronologically, and in order of preference?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
How do you recommend attacking an all-you-can-eat buffet for maximum dollar cost efficiency - both chronologically, and in order of preference?
Is there a time limit?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Is there a time limit?
This is vitally important. No time limit, but bearing in mind the time of day. Like on Wood Memorial day at Aqueduct for instance, the buffet started with brunch but at a certain point in the afternoon, they went to strictly dinner food items. An astute buffet'er may have gone breakfast, lunch, desert, dinner, desert in that scenario - I'd be interested in Mr. Salvatore's take.

Excellent question, Matt.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
I'm honestly not a buffet fan ... the quality of the food is typically awful and I'm too game and will eat a ton of crappy food and get sick.

However, Derby Lane's buffet freaking rocks.

I focused on the Omellete chef first. I had that MoFo make me two different Ommy's loaded up before I hit the buffet. It's pretty much off to the races after that. You better work out like hell if you're going to spend a winter in the Tampa/St Pete area ... because that Derby Lane buffet will fatten you up.

Strip Club buffets I'll do ... but only because my motto is "if it's free, its for me, and I'll take three"

The only other buffet I'll do is a Chink Grub style Buffet. You've got to catch them at the absolute busiest time of day ... so you're not eating food that's been sitting out all the time.

I always hit up The General Sal's chicken first. Lo Mein, fried rice, won ton soup, Italian Shrimp, chicken and mushrooms, egg rolls, and that's pretty much the rotation. The best thing on any Chink grub menu is something called "Singapore Chow Mei Fun" ... however, you never find this served with buffets.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRoll View Post
Yes, she can, but us mere mortals are incapable of understanding the space/time physics involved with such a feat.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I'm honestly not a buffet fan ... the quality of the food is typically awful and I'm too game and will eat a ton of crappy food and get sick.

However, Derby Lane's buffet freaking rocks.

I focused on the Omellete chef first. I had that MoFo make me two different Ommy's loaded up before I hit the buffet. It's pretty much off to the races after that. You better work out like hell if you're going to spend a winter in the Tampa/St Pete area ... because that Derby Lane buffet will fatten you up.

Strip Club buffets I'll do ... but only because my motto is "if it's free, its for me, and I'll take three"

The only other buffet I'll do is a Chink Grub style Buffet. You've got to catch them at the absolute busiest time of day ... so you're not eating food that's been sitting out all the time.

I always hit up The General Sal's chicken first. Lo Mein, fried rice, won ton soup, Italian Shrimp, chicken and mushrooms, egg rolls, and that's pretty much the rotation. The best thing on any Chink grub menu is something called "Singapore Chow Mei Fun" ... however, you never find this served with buffets.
Do you recommend handicapping and waging during buffet consumption?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Waging?

He's never waged in his life.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Absolutely.

Eating and soda drinking a lot is very comforting. Grub up especially if you're a little cold or borderline on tilt.

You will turn into a fat fucl< if you don't workout though.

If the buffet isn't an option -- have chewing gum like Juicy Fruit or Big Red handy. No Spearmint, Spearmint blows.