Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Coach Pants

Default Alge Fumbler

Quote:
On January 10, 2009 in the divisional round of the AFC playoffs with the score tied at 10-10, he decided to dive for the end zone from roughly the five yard line, and he fumbled the football. This cost Tennessee the game, ended their season 13-3 regular season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alge_Crumpler

bahaha!!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Del Mar

did you do that? Thats hilarious.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Randwyck

Oh that's cold.

True! But cold.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Hialeah Park

I know it was the turnovers that ultimately did them in, but I've been browsing the board and havent found a mention of the non-call of the OBVIOUS delay of game. Fisher handled/is handling the situation like a consummate professional if you ask me.

and is Scaife that bad that Fumbler beat him out for playing time when it mattered most?? or was that play a two te set?

Coach, whatcha think?
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
I know it was the turnovers that ultimately did them in, but I've been browsing the board and havent found a mention of the non-call of the OBVIOUS delay of game. Fisher handled/is handling the situation like a consummate professional if you ask me.

and is Scaife that bad that Fumbler beat him out for playing time when it mattered most?? or was that play a two te set?

Coach, whatcha think?
Fischer ramped up his opinon/displeasure of that today a little more
Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

Coach, whatcha think?
Fisher can shove it about the non-call for all I care. His team benefited from the worst non-call in the instant replay era of the NFL nine years back. Just cause the play clock may have expired doesn't mean you don't play the play and try and make the stop. It isn't like they illegally threw a forward pass across the field on a kickoff return that went uncalled.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Fischer ramped up his opinon/displeasure of that today a little more
Im yet to see it. I'll look out for it. He even kept his composure when it first happened. Another amazing miscue by the dreadfully bad zebras of 08-09.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Randwyck

Quote:

Coach, whatcha think?
Oh that call is obvious. But Out-of-shape Alge blew it for the Titans big time.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Aqueduct

was it me, or did Flacco look like he stepped out of the end zone when the Ravens were pinned back? I never did see a clear replay of that.

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 01-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisotisotis
was it me, or did Flacco look like he stepped out of the end zone when the Ravens were pinned back? I never did see a clear replay of that.
Of all the video I watched. I think he never stepped out.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Fisher can shove it about the non-call for all I care. His team benefited from the worst non-call in the instant replay era of the NFL nine years back. Just cause the play clock may have expired doesn't mean you don't play the play and try and make the stop. It isn't like they illegally threw a forward pass across the field on a kickoff return that went uncalled.
Dude, get over it. From all the digital evidence I have ever seen from that play. It was dead straight at best, most likely a little bit of a lateral.

The play clock call didnt cost the Titans the game. The lack of ability to finish a drive against a team that you dominate in every stat did. But we all know the only stat that counts is the scoreboard.

As a Titans fan, Im just proud the team is as decent as they are after the down years of 04, 05, 06. The ability to overcome screwing up the 3rd and 6th overall draft picks is amazing. If we had gotten the 2 pro Bowl players we were supposed to draft in those spots, who knows..
Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK
Dude, get over it. From all the digital evidence I have ever seen from that play. It was dead straight at best, most likely a little bit of a lateral.

The play clock call didnt cost the Titans the game. The lack of ability to finish a drive against a team that you dominate in every stat did. But we all know the only stat that counts is the scoreboard.

As a Titans fan, Im just proud the team is as decent as they are after the down years of 04, 05, 06. The ability to overcome screwing up the 3rd and 6th overall draft picks is amazing. If we had gotten the 2 pro Bowl players we were supposed to draft in those spots, who knows..
The Bills have to get back to the playoffs before I can get over it. At this point I'm whining about my team's last playoff loss just like Jeff Fisher.

And no way it was a forward pass, a Rochester professor did a physics proof on it. The ball went forward.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
The Bills have to get back to the playoffs before I can get over it. At this point I'm whining about my team's last playoff loss just like Jeff Fisher.

And no way it was a backwards pass, a Rochester professor did a physics proof on it. The ball went forward.
ftfy...and I agree. No way, no how it went backwards. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Frank Wycheck, instrumental in the Music City Miracle, went to a nearby hs in my area. Archbishop Ryan.

- Nathan Israel