Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2008, 07:19 PM
pgardn

Default NFL surprise teams

for me anyways...

1. Atlanta - they play some smash mouth. I did not realize their running game and offensive line are so good. Got rid of some bad attitudes (Crumpler...) What was the prognostication of their record before the season?

2. Miami - I dont see how. I have seen them play once.

3. NY Jets - I thought this was a disaster.

4. Tennesse - No Young. And they are better.

Worst division: AFC or NFC West... After the playoffs begin some teams are going to feel really bad about not being placed out West.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
for me anyways...

1. Atlanta - they play some smash mouth. I did not realize their running game and offensive line are so good. Got rid of some bad attitudes (Crumpler...) What was the prognostication of their record before the season?

2. Miami - I dont see how. I have seen them play once. they rule

3. NY Jets - I thought this was a disaster. it is

4. Tennesse - No Young. And they are better. have a shot

Worst division: AFC or NFC West... After the playoffs begin some teams are going to feel really bad about not being placed out West.

my take
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
for me anyways...

2. Miami - I dont see how. I have seen them play once.

3. NY Jets - I thought this was a disaster.

4. Tennesse - No Young. And they are better.

i don't either was a real surprise. maybe the afc west. i really thought denver would be better. and i guess i thought sf was a better team before the season started. arizona had 15 seconds of fame i never imagened would happen.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Arlington Park

oh...

and current me wants to bet august you on ne chances to make the 2009 super bowl.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Flemington

San Diego was a surprise................oh wait Norv Turner is their coach

nevermind
Old 12-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Tropical Park

Definitely the Dolphins.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
my take
Clown.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

joey you guys squeeked by this week..not the next few..
Old 12-15-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
joey you guys squeeked by this week..not the next few..
Only a true hater could call a 9-5 team a disaster.

And the Dolphins haven't been squeaking by? Name me ONE F.UCKING GAME this season where they dominated anybody. Name one. Niners by five, Rams by four, Raiders by two, Seahawks by two. They're a joke. The Jets may be hot-and-cold, but at least they've been dominant at times.

If Posluszny doesn't get that freak interception off Coles' foot, we go up 14 or 18 and the Bills roll over and die.

The problem lies with Jenkins. He's either being neutralized better or he's wearing down or both. We can't win without him dominating the line. I'm worried that he's exhausted from playing the 3-4 Nose for the first time and he's notorious for having fitness issues.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid

And the Dolphins haven't been squeaking by? Name me ONE F.UCKING GAME this season where they dominated anybody. Name one. Niners by five, Rams by four, Raiders by two, Seahawks by two. They're a joke. The Jets may be hot-and-cold, but at least they've been dominant at times.

If Posluszny doesn't get that freak interception off Coles' foot, we go up 14 or 18 and the Bills roll over and die.

The problem lies with Jenkins. He's either being neutralized better or he's wearing down or both. We can't win without him dominating the line. I'm worried that he's exhausted from playing the 3-4 Nose for the first time and he's notorious for having fitness issues.
ne?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
ne?
Yeah, forgot about that one, but it was basically three or four direct snaps that Chairman Bill's minions couldn't stop for whatever reason. The Dolphins have looked mediocre. Unfortunately, without Jenkins at full strength, the Jets aren't much better.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

My Packers. You didn't say good surprises
Old 12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

don't forget the ravens.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

Old 12-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Yeah, forgot about that one, but it was basically three or four direct snaps that Chairman Bill's minions couldn't stop for whatever reason. The Dolphins have looked mediocre. Unfortunately, without Jenkins at full strength, the Jets aren't much better.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Sha Tin

Old 12-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Sha Tin

Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Flemington

Did you really need to post a closeup of some Cambodian boy's ass?

I'm pretty sickened that the winner of the Jets/Fins game probably wins the division.

If the Pats had an offensive line that could do a halfway decent job of pass protecting, a competent quarterback capable of throwing the ball deeper than 12 yards down the field, and a healthy defense they would be two TD super bowl favorites again.

As much as I hate Culpepper, at least he can put trajectory on his deep ball. The sad thing is that Cassell actually has a strong arm, he just throws low and hard and his accuracy drops off bigtime the further he throws.

Not that it would matter much if Cassell actually knew how to loft it up, because the Pats O-line pass protection is embarrassing and he wouldn't have time to go deep.

They lead the leauge in sacks given up, and it took all of two offensive possessions to get Brady knocked out for the season...even though the Pats throw a ton of quick passes where giving up sacks is almost impossible.

I don't think people realize how much upside that offense has right now. With an average pass protecting O-line and any qb with avg deep ball throwing capabilities - they would easily be the best offense in the NFL.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Did you really need to post a closeup of some Cambodian boy's ass?

I'm pretty sickened that the winner of the Jets/Fins game probably wins the division.

If the Pats had an offensive line that could do a halfway decent job of pass protecting, a competent quarterback capable of throwing the ball deeper than 12 yards down the field, and a healthy defense they would be two TD super bowl favorites again.

As much as I hate Culpepper, at least he can put trajectory on his deep ball. The sad thing is that Cassell actually has a strong arm, he just throws low and hard and his accuracy drops off bigtime the further he throws.

Not that it would matter much if Cassell actually knew how to loft it up, because the Pats O-line pass protection is embarrassing and he wouldn't have time to go deep.

They lead the leauge in sacks given up, and it took all of two offensive possessions to get Brady knocked out for the season...even though the Pats throw a ton of quick passes where giving up sacks is almost impossible.

I don't think people realize how much upside that offense has right now. With an average pass protecting O-line and any qb with avg deep ball throwing capabilities - they would easily be the best offense in the NFL.

Nice comeback post my friend
Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Nice comeback post my friend
My bad, I didn't see your first gem