Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Tatum Bell?
Willie Parker had better protect his dirty undies.

Realistically they'll probably just activate Justin Vincent from the practice squad. If that was the plan though I'd have thought they'd have done it by now with the two players going on IR so that suggests they'll probably workout at least a few outside guys. Najeh Davenport still alive?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Flemington

I am not sure if he is suspended by the NFL for his boating mishap, but what about Cedric Benson?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Willie Parker had better protect his dirty undies.

Realistically they'll probably just activate Justin Vincent from the practice squad. If that was the plan though I'd have thought they'd have done it by now with the two players going on IR so that suggests they'll probably workout at least a few outside guys. Najeh Davenport still alive?
He was gonna be my next suggestion. Like you said...they just need someone for a couple weeks.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
He was gonna be my next suggestion. Like you said...they just need someone for a couple weeks.
I'm pretty sure they either signed him or will go on to do so. Seems like the obvious choice until Fast Willie becomes healthy enough to attempt to rush behind that O line.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-30-2008, 12:40 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
I'm pretty sure they either signed him or will go on to do so. Seems like the obvious choice until Fast Willie becomes healthy enough to attempt to rush behind that O line.

Time for your ass to fall to 4-1 next Sunday
Old 09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Time for your ass to fall to 4-1 next Sunday
*Pulls T shirt collar over nose and laughs uncontrollably*

Should I run the second stringers out on ya?? Just f'in with ya...

Im welcome to the idea. Let's see what you got!!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-30-2008, 12:47 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
*Pulls T shirt collar over nose and laughs uncontrollably*

Should I run the second stringers out on ya?? Just f'in with ya...

Im welcome to the idea. Let's see what you got!!!

I ain't got sh*t. A well trained monkey could have played better than Phillip Rivers did this past week
Old 09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I ain't got sh*t. A well trained monkey could have played better than Phillip Rivers did this past week
That only means a bounce back week is in store for ya.

I like white flags, it makes me feel like the Persian King (Xerxes) from 300.

I wish I had this team in a money league.

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-30-2008, 01:52 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I am not sure if he is suspended by the NFL for his boating mishap, but what about Cedric Benson?
dont bother!! trust me bears fan..
Old 09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Thistley Downs

This is friggin' boring.

Name the only running back in nfl history to have averaged 5.3 yards in his first 500 carries and then switched to wide receiver and caught over 500 passes.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
He could run though couldnt he dd? Very unique style.
he was a stop-n-starter and cut back runner. his first 3 steps were very explosive and that allowed his to stop-n- start. he was strong enough to push the pile but he did like to slam it in for short yardage. his most impressive asset was his open field speed. when he'd get loose he was a break away runner. ask LSU game 10; freshman season 20 carries 291yds and 4 TDS and he had barely played all year. he hit vandy the next year for 20 carries and 209yds.
someone on here said he couldn't catch, he Used to be a very good reciever. Bama ran an excellent screen pass with him and used to throw to him in the flat all the time.

Last edited by ddthetide : 09-30-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
lost an O-linemen too. the line play is bad enough.
yeah, torn achilles. everyone say OWWW on three.
my sister got her AT cut years ago. she was in a cast for most of a year. i'm sure they've come a long way tho on treatment since then.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
he was a stop-n-starter and cut back runner. his first 3 steps were very explosive and that allowed his to stop-n- start. he was strong enough to push the pile but he did like to slam it in for short yardage. his most impressive assist was his open field speed. when he'd get loose he was a break away runner. ask LSU game 10; freshman season 20 carries 291yds and 4 TDS and he had barely played all year. he hit vandy the next year for 20 carries and 209yds.
someone on here said he couldn't catch, he Used to be a very good reciever. Bama ran an excellent screen pass with him and used to throw to him in the flat all the time.
I said that and if its not true then i stand corrected. I just don't remember him ever being a three down back at Seattle. I know he doesnt block but I assumed it was because he didnt have the best hands either.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I said that and if its not true then i stand corrected. I just don't remember him ever being a three down back at Seattle. I know he doesnt block but I assumed it was because he didnt have the best hands either.
i never saw much of him in seattle. from what i read after he signed that big contract he got comfortable. he didn't like the pass routes they asked him to run. they went from using a fullback or H-back to a 1 back set and he didn't like that. the 1 back set, Made him have to pass block. the FB seattle had at that time was a good receiver so they used him to block and throw too and took SA out of the game in favor of another WR.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
How ironic, Cedric Benson signs with the Bengals.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
i never saw much of him in seattle. from what i read after he signed that big contract he got comfortable. he didn't like the pass routes they asked him to run. they went from using a fullback or H-back to a 1 back set and he didn't like that. the 1 back set, Made him have to pass block. the FB seattle had at that time was a good receiver so they used him to block and throw too and took SA out of the game in favor of another WR.
I dont think what you read is accurate. Holmgren is a west coast guru directly that learned it directly from Walsh. West Coast offense, especially the purist version that holmgren uses, is pretty much two back. I watched him often and don't remember much if any single back.

What happened in 2006, after the big contract, was that Hutchinson left for free agency and his fullback mack strong got injured. That led to him getting dinged around a lot and was really the beginning of the end. They would have cut him before 2007 if it wasnt for the hit they would have taken.

he was with the tide while stallings was still there right?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I dont think what you read is accurate. Holmgren is a west coast guru directly that learned it directly from Walsh. West Coast offense, especially the purist version that holmgren uses, is pretty much two back. I watched him often and don't remember much if any single back.

What happened in 2006, after the big contract, was that Hutchinson left for free agency and his fullback mack strong got injured. That led to him getting dinged around a lot and was really the beginning of the end. They would have cut him before 2007 if it wasnt for the hit they would have taken.

he was with the tide while stallings was still there right?
yes, then his senior ( probably his best) year played for Dubose. chris samuels was LT. that team went on that magic run starting with a 17pt 4qter rally in the Swamp. SA tied it up with a few seconds left. then won it with a 4th down pass catch and run in OT. the week before Bama had lost bad to (i think) LaTech. we figured the gators would kills us in the Swamp.
SA and company ran through the rest of the season and DESTROYED spurrier's gators in the SECC and lost to michigan in the citrus bowl in OT and SA had a big game.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Thistley Downs

Isn't it dangerous to have seats right on the 50?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Thistley Downs

Do you get hungry when they mention hash marks?

Ah do.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Thistley Downs

Where is the start zone?