Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Flemington

Default Diamondbacks

If I put a K on them to win tonite, you think I can force a loss?

Will get $1800 , or a 3 game lead with 6 to go. Actually it's gunna only be a 2 1/2 or 1 1/2 game lead,because we (evidently...OOHMY FN G) gunna put Maddux on the mound Thursday Night. Atleast that will be 6 full days rest. That might help, but he really is pretty much done. If he pitches decently at all than it's 100% sure he needs 6 full days rest, or don't bother trying to start him anymore. To me, it's like giving up a loss(starting him Thursday.) 1 extra day rest is our only hope. If you're starting this guy, it's a white flag . Should consider starting LOWE on 102 hours rest. Can't tell Torre anything though. He has sacrificed certain games all year. Maybe it's right, and maybe it isn't, but he doesn't try hard to win every game. Thursday Nite is just one example of many. We're getting an extra day, and he still pitches a guy in a stadium that the Giants just tore him up in.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 09-22-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
If I put a K on them to win tonite, you think I can force a loss?

Will get $1800 , or a 3 game lead with 6 to go.
If you do, put a dime on the Twins for me tomorrow night too
Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
If you do, put a dime on the Twins for me tomorrow night too
U sweating all over yourself yet? Don't lose the 3rd one.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
U sweating all over yourself yet? Don't lose the 3rd one.
It's ridiculous...the sox certainly aren't the second coming of the '27 Yankess...probably not even the '78 Yankees, but they have ground it out all year and if the choke it away now, that will truly suck. Watching the Twinkies dink and dunk Buerhle to death last night and the Sox hitters strand guys every inning was worse than my colonoscopy three weeks ago. At least I was sedated for that..
Old 09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
It's ridiculous...the sox certainly aren't the second coming of the '27 Yankess...probably not even the '78 Yankees, but they have ground it out all year and if the choke it away now, that will truly suck. Watching the Twinkies dink and dunk Buerhle to death last night and the Sox hitters strand guys every inning was worse than my colonoscopy three weeks ago. At least I was sedated for that..
Would a full body scan be specific enough to get you out of doing that?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Would a full body scan be specific enough to get you out of doing that?
6-1...hang on
Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Hialeah Park

Thanks Cubbies......

For nothing.....

Prepare for an early exit in October.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Thanks Cubbies......

For nothing.....

Prepare for an early exit in October.
I understand what you are saying. The Mets were all out to beat the Cubs JV squad. But would you play your best team in a game that meant nothing for you that was in the middle of a monsoon? I know I wouldn't.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I understand what you are saying. The Mets were all out to beat the Cubs JV squad. But would you play your best team in a game that meant nothing for you that was in the middle of a monsoon? I know I wouldn't.
No chance, I'm just venting. The cubby bears blew a late lead, and now that we're in the nitty gritty stage of the season, it just irks me. The Phils control their own destiny, so they really have no one else to blame if they dont win the division. Always have to make it interesting though.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Flemington

Quote:
No chance, I'm just venting. The cubby bears blew a late lead, and now that we're in the nitty gritty stage of the season, it just irks me. The Phils control their own destiny, so they really have no one else to blame if they dont win the division. Always have to make it interesting though.
Phils should have no problem holding on for the division. I think they play the Nats while the Mets have the Marlins (who have it out for them). I have watched the Mets every night this week (with Yanks playing for nothing) and they are just not that good. The Mets had minor leaugers in big spots tonight (they actually came through), which you would think would be overmatched against a team playing their starters. Just be happy that the Mets pissed last nights game away. It was unbelievable. 3 games left for the Mets, Pelfrey tomorrow, probably Brandon Knight making his 2nd or 3rd start (still not announced) and then Santana on Sunday. The Phills should be a lock!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Can somebody tell me why you're allowed to run so far out of the baseline when you are coming to home plate? That Met that scored the tie run was nowhere near the baseline when he came to the plate. Same thing happened in a Dodger game the other day. They never call that.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Phils should have no problem holding on for the division. I think they play the Nats while the Mets have the Marlins (who have it out for them). I have watched the Mets every night this week (with Yanks playing for nothing) and they are just not that good. The Mets had minor leaugers in big spots tonight (they actually came through), which you would think would be overmatched against a team playing their starters. Just be happy that the Mets pissed last nights game away. It was unbelievable. 3 games left for the Mets, Pelfrey tomorrow, probably Brandon Knight making his 2nd or 3rd start (still not announced) and then Santana on Sunday. The Phills should be a lock!
No such thing in Philly sports. I've known this since I was knee high to a duck. (waaay before Lomas Brown spouted off at the mouth about his Lions). We use all of our locks for homes, cars, and jewelry boxes.

The Marlins have been swingin the lumber as of late. I would be very worried if I were one of the Mets starters, knowing damn well if it gets to the bullpen, disaster can/will strike. Tons of pressure on them. As for the Nats, we SHOULD handle them. If we have any type of pulse that is. If they come in here and take 2 of 3 from the Phils, we don't deserve to be playing in October.

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Can somebody tell me why you're allowed to run so far out of the baseline when you are coming to home plate? That Met that scored the tie run was nowhere near the baseline when he came to the plate. Same thing happened in a Dodger game the other day. They never call that.
I've only seen it called when rounding first or getting caught in a rundown. The umps knew the spotlight was on, they didnt want to upstage Hochuli just yet.

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Flemington

LOL, Wow, Dodgers clinched 8 hours ago, but having a delayed party. Man, they are really partying. Kemp and Berroa went crazy, but the outfit they put Kershaw in was hard on the eyes( A turqoise little bo peep dress.) Kuroda and his interpretor had to wear the coolest velvet pimp outfits I've ever seen. They made Cory Wade wear a bikini.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?gameId=280925119

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 09-26-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
No such thing in Philly sports. I've known this since I was knee high to a duck. (waaay before Lomas Brown spouted off at the mouth about his Lions). We use all of our locks for homes, cars, and jewelry boxes.

The Marlins have been swingin the lumber as of late. I would be very worried if I were one of the Mets starters, knowing damn well if it gets to the bullpen, disaster can/will strike. Tons of pressure on them. As for the Nats, we SHOULD handle them. If we have any type of pulse that is. If they come in here and take 2 of 3 from the Phils, we don't deserve to be playing in October.
You're in now. You just gotta win 1 of 3. Think about it. If you lose Saturday, then you get to beat up on that piece of crap(Odalis Perez) on Sunday. Even if ya lose that(and the Mets win these next 2,) you get a chance to beat the Mets for the division. I want to know what happens if you lose the next 2, the Mets win the next 2, and the Brewers split the next 2. Do you n' the Mets play for the division, and the loser gets to play the Brewers for the Wild Card?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Flemington

Quote:
You're in now. You just gotta win 1 of 3. Think about it. If you lose Saturday, then you get to beat up on that piece of crap(Odalis Perez) on Sunday. Even if ya lose that(and the Mets win these next 2,) you get a chance to beat the Mets for the division. I want to know what happens if you lose the next 2, the Mets win the next 2, and the Brewers split the next 2. Do you n' the Mets play for the division, and the loser gets to play the Brewers for the Wild Card?

exactly.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:07 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Scuds..what the f*ck have you done to that dog?? Men don't put dresses on their dogs. You losing it or what???
Old 09-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Scuds..what the f*ck have you done to that dog?? Men don't put dresses on their dogs. You losing it or what???
LOL...You're assuming I know anything about that dog. All I know is the breed.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
LOL...You're assuming I know anything about that dog. All I know is the breed.
OK...was just making sure. I figured I have known you long enough that you would never do anything like that to one of your dogs.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
OK...was just making sure. I figured I have known you long enough that you would never do anything like that to one of your dogs.
You should of seen what they made Kershaw wear last night.