Thistley Downs

Top 20....yes.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Coach Pants

Kobe 3 rings
LeBaron 0 rings
Old 03-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Thistley Downs

He simply has a tremendous assist to turnover ratio for a non point guard. End of story.

I would call him a point guard for most of any game...as you know.

I did read what you said.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
I gave out two examples that happened within 60 seconds...in crunch time.

There are many more ,but people like you choose to ignore them.James plays for himself....number one...first and formost. Himself. It doesn't take a lot of observation to see that. You're so blind you don't.....but not to worry---there are many like you. Fortunately Livingstone of the Plain Dealer is not one of them although his voice doesn't seem to reach most of you "witnesses."
How do they ever win then?? It is not all due to LeBron but in my over 40 year lifetime I have seen Cleveland teams play in a championship 3 times...the INdians twice and the Cavs last year. You can harp and harp all you want. The reason they were there was more due to LeBron than Eric Snow and Drew Gooden. I will go to my grave believing he is the person on the team most responsible for their recent success...moreso than even Donyell Marshall incredibel as that may seem to be to you. I never stated he was perfect...that is what you expect him to be. He will never be that. He is the best player ever to put on a Cav uniform however.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Kobe 3 rings
LeBaron 0 rings
I have 6 rings. I'm still not a better player than LeBron.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Kobe 3 rings
LeBaron 0 rings
Shaq and Kobe 3 rings---Kobe by himself 0 rings. And Kobe has been in the league for 12 years (this is his 12th) and LeBron has been in the league 4 years (this is his 4th).
Santa Anita

Quote:
Kobe 3 rings
LeBaron 0 rings
And Greg Kite has way more rings than Barkley and Ewing combined...that is the really only way to judge the talent of a player. Anyone who would want Ewing at center over the ring adorned Greg Kite is silly.
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
How do they ever win then?? It is not all due to LeBron but in my over 40 year lifetime I have seen Cleveland teams play in a championship 3 times...the INdians twice and the Cavs last year. You can harp and harp all you want. The reason they were there was more due to LeBron than Eric Snow and Drew Gooden. I will go to my grave believing he is the person on the team most responsible for their recent success...moreso than even Donyell Marshall incredibel as that may seem to be to you. I never stated he was perfect...that is what you expect him to be. He will never be that. He is the best player ever to put on a Cav uniform however.

I don't disagree with that.

He gets overhyped for what he is,though.

But he doesn't do it alone...and if he was more of a team player the Cavs would be better.

That's the NBA and their shills trying to make fans think he is a team player,but he's not.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I don't disagree with that.

He gets overhyped for what he is,though.

But he doesn't do it alone...and if he was more of a team player the Cavs would be better.

That's the NBA and their shills trying to make fans think he is a team player,but he's not.
What is he?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Oaklawn

James for his brief career is shooting 32% from the 3 pt line, 46.7% from the field and 73% from the line. The greatest ever Michael Jordan shot 32% from the 3 pt line for his career, 49% from the field and 83% from the line. Comparable numbers. Now comparing the 2 is absurd so numbers dont tell the entire story. Now dont forget how James beat Detroit all by himself last year in the ECF. And for every time you can come up with an example of how James lost the game, I can come up with 2 examples how he won a game.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Thistley Downs

He's an entirely selfabsorbed person who is a great athlete most concerned with triple doubles and being the mvp and the greatest than anything else.

He's a hotdog who won't blink an eye when it comes to telling everyone how great he is ,but will throw up the doggie fence when criticized. If you don't hear what he says and how he says it and don't see him play most everyday then you will be swallowed by the hype machine that blinds from the truth.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
He's an entirely selfabsorbed person who is a great athlete most concerned with triple doubles and being the mvp and the greatest than anything else.

He's a hotdog who won't blink an eye when it comes to telling everyone how great he is ,but will throw up the doggie fence when criticized. If you don't hear what he says and how he says it and don't see him play most everyday then you will be swallowed by the hype machine that blinds from the truth.
I ask you again...how on earth did they get to the finals with such a clown as him last year?? I"ll tell you what I saw last year...in the conference finals this guy was completely eviscerated by the press and the minions spewing on his game 1 and 2 performances in the Palace. They ripped him to shreds for passing to a wide open Marshall in game 1...then ripped him to shreds for missing the shot at the end of game 2. I didn't see a doggie fence. I saw games 3 through 6.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey17
James for his brief career is shooting 32% from the 3 pt line, 46.7% from the field and 73% from the line. The greatest ever Michael Jordan shot 32% from the 3 pt line for his career, 49% from the field and 83% from the line. Comparable numbers. Now comparing the 2 is absurd so numbers dont tell the entire story. Now dont forget how James beat Detroit all by himself last year in the ECF. And for every time you can come up with an example of how James lost the game, I can come up with 2 examples how he won a game.
The problem is people like you---again.

It seems to me there were a few more players on the court in that Detroit series than just him....it also is painfully obvious that Jordan was a much better player than James.I will give you some credit as most of the blind don't think James ever helps lose a game.

Your 2:1 story doesn't impress me....it only supports what I said....great athlete who is not the best player.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:

"Entirely self-absorbed" So I guess you know him personally. What are you basing this on? Is this your opinion of him from what you see on the court? Can you provide some examples of off the court behavior that signals that he is a self-absorbed person? And can you give a quote from him where he states he is great. I have watched almost every game of his either in person or on TV. I do not see this. I think he is a good player and one of the top 5 players in the league. I think he has tons to learn about the game and tons to improve on. But remember, the kid is 23 - turned 23 Dec 30th.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
The problem is people like you---again.

It seems to me there were a few more players on the court in that Detroit series than just him....it also is painfully obvious that Jordan was a much better player than James.I will give you some credit as most of the blind don't think James ever helps lose a game.

Your 2:1 story doesn't impress me....it only supports what I said....great athlete who is not the best player.
People like you are the problem. People who do no understand the NBA game. People like you that do not understand the maturation process of a NBA player. Funny how you say that there are more players on the court when the Cavs win but only James is on the court when they lose. You cant have it both ways kiddo.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
I ask you again...how on earth did they get to the finals with such a clown as him last year?? I"ll tell you what I saw last year...in the conference finals this guy was completely eviscerated by the press and the minions spewing on his game 1 and 2 performances in the Palace. They ripped him to shreds for passing to a wide open Marshall in game 1...then ripped him to shreds for missing the shot at the end of game 2. I didn't see a doggie fence. I saw games 3 through 6.
I said he is OVERRATED.........and how did a superstar like him get to the finals with a bunch of clowns around him? Such a horrible team.

Ya...so where was Mr. World against San Antonio?

He ,to this day, does not take kindly to ANY kind of crticism.....you don't know what he's about. You think you do...but you don't.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I said he is OVERRATED.........and how did a superstar like him get to the finals with a bunch of clowns around him? Such a horrible team.

Ya...so where was Mr. World against San Antonio?

He ,to this day, does not take kindly to ANY kind of crticism.....you don't know what he's about. You think you do...but you don't.
I know nothing about James other than what I see on TV. What is he about? The self-absorption argument is ridiculous. All great athletes are...that is why they are great. Tiger isn't?? Jordan wasn't?? Kobe?? Pete rose?? bonds?? Ruth??

I never called them a horrible team. You said he doesn't take kindly to criticism?? Good. I saw him eviscerated in games 1 and 2 in the Palace last year...I'm quite glad he didn't take kindly to it. I saw games 3 thorugh 6.

How many times exactly have you spoken to him?? I am sure he is self absorbed. AS I said most greats are.

LeBron is the reason they lost the finals. He was horrible. They may have won the series if he was on the bench.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey17
"Entirely self-absorbed" So I guess you know him personally. What are you basing this on? Is this your opinion of him from what you see on the court? Can you provide some examples of off the court behavior that signals that he is a self-absorbed person? And can you give a quote from him where he states he is great. I have watched almost every game of his either in person or on TV. I do not see this. I think he is a good player and one of the top 5 players in the league. I think he has tons to learn about the game and tons to improve on. But remember, the kid is 23 - turned 23 Dec 30th.
Oh fucl< 23...they said the same thing when he was 19,20,21 and 22. I suppose your mimicing mouth wil be in unison with the others when he's 34.

Here's what I base it on ...numbskull. He always watches the scoreboard to see where his triple double stands.Here's just ONE case in point. ...it's not that he looks for the score. He was one rebound shy earlier this year of a triple double. With about 30 seconds to go the other team was at the line for the 2nd shot...they missed. James comes from the other side to grab the rebound almost knocking a stunned Gooden on his can.

Off the court....just a day or so ago he said even he was stunned at what he had accomplished over the last 4 games..it was such a great feat. That's him saying that......not that the team played well---it was that HE played great. He almost came in the newspapapers over his 51 against the Knicks. I suppose you didn't read any of that?

Many times he has trashed players like Z and Gooden right on the court ..I saw it. Now if he didn't make any boneheaded plays it still would not be fine....but he does.,,,but he can't take criticism.

You're a true fool. Go suck his joint if you're so radio ga-ga over him.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
I know nothing about James other than what I see on TV. What is he about? The self-absorption argument is ridiculous. All great athletes are...that is why they are great. Tiger isn't?? Jordan wasn't?? Kobe?? Pete rose?? bonds?? Ruth??

I never called them a horrible team. You said he doesn't take kindly to criticism?? Good. I saw him eviscerated in games 1 and 2 in the Palace last year...I'm quite glad he didn't take kindly to it. I saw games 3 thorugh 6.

How many times exactly have you spoken to him?? I am sure he is self absorbed. AS I said most greats are.

LeBron is the reason they lost the finals. He was horrible. They may have won the series if he was on the bench.

Wel why don't you suck his joint,too?

He's an azzhole.

You can't see it like I can..Livingstone doesn't call him an azzhole 'cause he can't.

What are you bringing up those guys for? What does that have to do with anything?

Yuo can't name any greats who weren't selfabsorbed.....really?
Old 03-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Thistley Downs

Well ol' 'Bron beat Detroit all by himself...why can't he lose to San Antonio all by himself?