Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
James was very unhappy late in the NO game as he was going to the wire with a challenger to his exhalted status.

His hissy fits on the sidelines late in the game of throwing towels and thowing up his hands while shrieking at "teammates" and coaches certainly underline his "there is no LB in team" trademark.

He took extry long after the game to meet with reporters still snorting over having been outclutched by a certain point guard.

This did not go unnoticed by at least one radio ga-ga man here.
Many of your points on LeBron are well taken on his weaknesses and his non-perfection. But I think you have a huge bias and this remark is quite overdone. I can't dispute that he has a massive ego, but I honestly think he wants the team to win games. I know you resent his "chosen one" status as undeserved and that is fine. But in all honesty for all that was laid on his feet by everyone, he has handled himself quite nicely...both on and off the court. His performance on the court has been great despite his weaknesses. He is not a trouble maker off the court and never has been to my knowledge. If you really want to believe the main reason the franchise turned itself around were all the players around him...the coaching...the front office and not much because of James, that is fine. I simply don't agree with you and never will and these threads will continue endlessly. You can berate me all you want.

I honestly don't see these hissy fits you often speak of or his non-stop ripping of teammates on the court. I don't see all their games, but see a few...maybe 15 or so a year before the playoffs and I just don't see it. As unhappy as you say he was late in the NO game...I still think they trailed a good chunk of the 4th quarter and he I'm pretty sure made a shot to give them the lead with 7 seconds left in the game?? Or did I miss something there?? OF course Chris Paul shot 5 for 17 that game I think, but he dished out 21 assists. He is a great point guard without doubt. But he did not do everything well that game. Each game LeBron plays, you ignore the 10 things he does great and focus on the 2 things he didn't do well and ride it home til the cows come home. It is what you do. My responses on these LeBron threads is simply to provide balance, as after reading your posts, it is as if he is another Ricky Davis or something.

Last edited by horseofcourse : 04-05-2008 at 01:02 AM.