Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Thistley Downs

Default Chosen One 4 MVP Fans

Boy has he been hot....takes silly 3's when he's already a lousy 3 point shot....continues to get his pocket picked while hot dogging.....and love that center foul throw shooting pct.

He da man!!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Thistley Downs

I love the loud microphones on the backboard at the Gund.It's perfect for James:

DOINK!!

BONK!!

BOING!!

THUD!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Thistley Downs

Oh yes...I was hoping to lure in Hubey Brown and Jack Ramsey.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Thistley Downs

I stand corrected.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
Oh yes...I was hoping to lure in Hubey Brown and Jack Ramsey.
That would be DR Jack Ramsey
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Thistley Downs

Well excuuuuse moi.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Boy has he been hot....takes silly 3's when he's already a lousy 3 point shot....continues to get his pocket picked while hot dogging.....and love that center foul throw shooting pct.

He da man!!
In his last 3 games he is shooting 46% from the field, 42% from the 3 pt line, 75% from the free throw line. Avg 34 pts, 10.6 boards and 7.3 assists. His team is 2-1 in those 3 games.

Kobe in his last 3 games is shooting 51% from the field, 42% from the 3 pt line, 88% from the free throw line. Avg 25 pts, 5.3 boards and 5 assists. His team is 2-1 in those 3 games.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Thistley Downs

Uh...Mr. 3 Game Snippet Reporter....did I say anything about Kobey Friggin' Bryant?

I only mentioned the easy mark for pick pockets and his concommitant propensity to clang iron.....and other things I have yet to touch.

Get lost.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Santa Anita

Ummm. Season numbers are 49 percent from the field and 32 percent from 3 point line. Neither one hideous in my estimation. If he never launched a single 3 pointer he would be pretty much ineffective as no one would go near him. It's been a tough road to hoe for the Cavs this year missing much of his mediocre teammates all year. With his full complement of average complementary players it helps the team. My goodness just last night Z, Wallace and Gibson not in uniform. That's why he's my choice for MVP...no matter who is rolling with him out there, they have a shot to win as long as he steps on the floor. For the team to be 9 games over .500 this season while being outscored as a team speaks volumes to his remarkable late game play all season long. Why just last night down 17 in the 1st quarter...19 in the second half and had a legit shot to win. He was on the floor. They are still 37-22 when he is in uniform. That ain't shabby. He is simply not a bad shooter at all. Best in the league??? Of course not...not even close. But certainly not bad at all.

I won't hold my breath for any reply to this. I think we've had this argument 75 times over and I always lose.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Thistley Downs

Less than 32% says he shouldn't be hoisting 3's as much as he does....less than 32% says he stinks at that. Under 72% at the f.t. line. Way down in the league rankings at both. NUMBER 7 in turnovers per game.

An easy mark for any slick defender.

See how far the "great one" takes them with no halfway legitimate center.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Less than 32% says he shouldn't be hoisting 3's as much as he does....less than 32% says he stinks at that. Under 72% at the f.t. line. Way down in the league rankings at both. NUMBER 7 in turnovers per game.

An easy mark for any slick defender.

See how far the "great one" takes them with no halfway legitimate center.
ummm...they've been winning the majority of their games since Zs injury. OF course they're down to Varejao and Smith now for "bigs". 32 percent does not say he stinks. It says he is slightly below average. Big difference there. 72 percent at the free throw line is not good. AGain...it is not horrific however. He should be over 75 percent without question at the free throw line. I have no argument with that. His turnovers per game are fine with me. To consider him an easy mark for any defender is simplistic. Let's look at the company he's keeping in turnovers per game...1. Dwayne Wade 2. Steve Nash 3. Deron Williams 4. Jason Kidd 5. Carmelo Anthony 6. Kobe Bryant 7. LeBron. (LeBron actually slid above Kobe last night!).

Ok...yes those 7 all easy marks for slick defenders. You are clowning too much here. Most are point guards....he handles the ball more than Wade/Anthony and Bryant and turns it over less than them. ASsist to turnover ratio much higher than the other non point guards there. Let's look at that number...for non point guards...

1. Tayshaun Prince 2. Charlie Bell 3. DeShawn Stevenson 4. Tracy McGrady 5. Richard Hamilton 6. Vince Carter 7. LeBron

Very selective I think you are.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Uh...Mr. 3 Game Snippet Reporter....did I say anything about Kobey Friggin' Bryant?

I only mentioned the easy mark for pick pockets and his concommitant propensity to clang iron.....and other things I have yet to touch.

Get lost.
Comparing the two leading candidated for the MVP is all. The measure up pretty well. However, McGrady is making a strong case as well.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
ummm...they've been winning the majority of their games since Zs injury. OF course they're down to Varejao and Smith now for "bigs". 32 percent does not say he stinks. It says he is slightly below average. Big difference there. 72 percent at the free throw line is not good. Gain...it is not horrific however. He should be over 75 percent without question at the free throw line. I have no argument with that. His turnovers per game are fine with me. To consider him an easy mark for any defender is simplistic. Let's look at the company he's keeping in turnovers per game...1. Dwayne Wade 2. Steve Nash 3. Deron Williams 4. Jason Kidd 5. Carmelo Anthony 6. Kobe Bryant 7. LeBron. (LeBron actually slid above Kobe last night!).

Ok...yes those 7 all easy marks for slick defenders. You are clowning too much here. Most are point guards....he handles the ball more than Wade/Anthony and Bryant and turns it over less than them. ASsist to turnover ratio much higher than the other non point guards there. Let's look at that number...for non point guards...

1. Tayshaun Prince 2. Charlie Bell 3. DeShawn Stevenson 4. Tracy McGrady 5. Richard Hamilton 6. Vince Carter 7. LeBron

Very selective I think you are.

Oh give me a fucl<in' break already will ya?

Why dont you tell everyone what you see..since you say you watch the Cavs all the time. This guy loses possession too much over his hotdogging....and he hotdogs at the worst time in the game. Why don't you tell everyone how he had a great hand in last nights loss? First....he didn't feel like playing defense ( as per usual)or most of the first half....like the rest of the team. Then when they are right back at the Nets' heels...he launches a ridiculous 3......clunk.

Then he goes back to the dribble-dribble hotdog act and-------swipe!

For an MVP he sure is a lousy 3 point and f.t. shooter....and he gives away the ball too much....needlessly.... because it usually is due to hotdogging.

He is what he is........not what all of you blind fans adore him into being.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey17
Comparing the two leading candidated for the MVP is all. The measure up pretty well. However, McGrady is making a strong case as well.

Will you shut up already?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Oh give me a fucl<in' break already will ya?

Why dont you tell everyone what you see..since you say you watch the Cavs all the time. This guy loses possession too much over his hotdogging....and he hotdogs at the worst time in the game. Why don't you tell everyone how he had a great hand in last nights loss? First....he didn't feel like playing defense ( as per usual)or most of the first half....like the rest of the team. Then when they are right back at the Nets' heels...he launches a ridiculous 3......clunk.

Then he goes back to the dribble-dribble hotdog act and-------swipe!

For an MVP he sure is a lousy 3 point and f.t. shooter....and he gives away the ball too much....needlessly.... because it usually is due to hotdogging.

He is what he is........not what all of you blind fans adore him into being.
You put up your stuff, I put up mine. He simply has a tremendous assist to turnover ratio for a non point guard. End of story. He is what he is...the best player in the game. It is not being blind. I never once have called him a perfect player. Just the best player. The perfect player has yet to be created and never will. If perfection is your expectation of him, yes, you will always be disappointed by James. Always.

League fg percentage...45.5...LeBron 48.6
League 3 pt percentage 35.9...LeBron 31.7
League ft percentage 75.5...LeBron 71.6.

If being 4 percent under league averages makes him "lousy"...being over 3 percent over the league fg percentage average must make him about the "best" shooter out there or something??

You resort to hyperbole and dramatics in these arguments and make no sense. I have never claimed him a great 3 point shooter or ft shooter. He is not lousy by any stretch however. I mean he plays 45 minutes last night and you choose 2 plays. Fine. As I said, he will never satisfy you as a player. I'll further infuriate you. IN my opinion he is the finest professional athlete to play in the city of Cleveland since Jim Brown.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Thistley Downs

I think your own figures just knocked him out of best player in the league status......best athlete-yes. Player-no.

Hotdog-yes....most enamored with himself-yes.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Thistley Downs

Beginning of story---something like 16 players have a better ratio.

Like you yourself have said....he plays more point...even now...than forward.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Santa Anita

Ok, he's one of the top 20 players in the league perhaps?? Can you at least give me that??
Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Thistley Downs

I gave out two examples that happened within 60 seconds...in crunch time.

There are many more ,but people like you choose to ignore them.James plays for himself....number one...first and formost. Himself. It doesn't take a lot of observation to see that. You're so blind you don't.....but not to worry---there are many like you. Fortunately Livingstone of the Plain Dealer is not one of them although his voice doesn't seem to reach most of you "witnesses."
Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Beginning of story---something like 16 players have a better ratio.

Like you yourself have said....he plays more point...even now...than forward.
No about 40 players do. I was talking non point guards. Read through what I say.