Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Sha Tin

Default Interesting trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3118872

I guess the Angels think Brandon Wood is ready for full time action. Not that Garland is a star or anything but pitching depth is important and Caberera was coming off of a career year at 34.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Saratoga

I hate the Sox and wish they kept Garland, he is absolute garbage. He got one good year (contract year) and he loves to get shelled. Cabera is an upgrade for them, which sucks
Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
. Cabera is an upgrade for them, which sucks
He is but they still have a lot of holes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Flemington

"Garland, an 18-game winner in 2005 and 2006, was 10-13 with a 4.23 ERA in 32 starts this year. He joins a solid Angels rotation that includes John Lackey, Kelvim Escobar and Jered Weaver."

I would say advantage Halos.Now ya have 4 good(sometimes great) starters.The stick figure Dominican is another decent starter(but a headcase-follower type.)Look,if ya make the post,the 1st game sets a tone.You don't have to win it,but you want to be competitive(Lackey wasn't.)This guy beat Lackey in the ALCS game in 2005. You need somebody who has had a decent post season experience,and this guy(so far...is solid at that.) Evidently Weaver,and Lackey aren't solid at it (right now.)Cabrerra had a nice year.He didn't in 2006.Was Cabrerra at bat against Becket? He hit him? Probably not.Take the starting pitcher.That's just what I think.The Halos are in a weak division(most years..not 2006.)So,they needto assume they can make the post,and then how the f can they beat Boston n' the others? Not with free-swinging Cabrerra.That's pretty much a given.Garland could get hot and win 2 games in the post.Cabrerra ain't doing that any time soon.Two teams with different needs.One is trying to figure out how to get to the post(with Cleveland in their division.)They want offense.Cabrerra may give them some,but they aren't going anywhere.Eat the POLISH,and go home.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I hate the Sox and wish they kept Garland, he is absolute garbage. He got one good year (contract year) and he loves to get shelled. Cabera is an upgrade for them, which sucks

LOL you cubs fans wish your dumba$ $ team didnt trade him to us, thats where the anger really resides doesnt it scav?

PWNED