Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Angry A silly rant but......

Well, I'm pissed...drove to Waynesboro today with new puppy to buy some cigars from the store I always go to...loyalty I guess cause there is a bigger shop here in town with better selection. So, I drive the extra 15 miles and park in the front of the store (no off street parking like here), I get out and lock doors for puppy and reach into my pocket for meter change. Of course I left my change in my other pants...I make the outlaw decision to run in and get my cigars without driving blocks away to park in a lot, I'm in the store less than 5 minutes (grabbed 9 cigars that I planned on getting and paid bill with bank card) and rushed out to find....A PARKING TICKET!!!! The cop was down the street almost a block away writing some other poor slob up....SOB had to be lurking close by, to write me up and walk down the street to the next "customer"! First impulse was criminal in nature, second was to call borough and let them know that $5 would cost the shop owner a regular customer. What can I say...guilty as charged and I'll pay the $5...but I was in the store less than 5 minutes...damn cop must be the Flash!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Keeneland

5 bucks? LOL You got lucky. Try $50 in Chicago and a boot if you don't pay for 2 tickets.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Ain't the money...Waynesboro is a hick town...it's the irony and the cop's speed....no donut diet for that guy, lol!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Randwyck

hey they are all out on patrol.......here in southern calif. i just paid an for a no left turn between 7 a.m and 9.00 a.m.........PLEASE. with traffic school 266 bucks
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Hialeah Park

Try dealing with the PPA, esp. if you don't have an inside connect. Parking Wars is the tip of the iceberg with that outfit.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Keeneland

I have a friend who's family owns a towing company. They actually hire 'spotters' in lots who get paid by the vehicle. They 'stage' trucks nearby. Five minutes your car is gone. Then it's $125 to get it out and $30/day storage. Hope that makes you feel a bit better. I blame those God awful stogies but that's just me. Oh and if your car is open fogettabout your change, sunglasses etc as 'they were gone prior to towing'
Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Well, I'm pissed...drove to Waynesboro today with new puppy to buy some cigars from the store I always go to...loyalty I guess cause there is a bigger shop here in town with better selection. So, I drive the extra 15 miles and park in the front of the store (no off street parking like here), I get out and lock doors for puppy and reach into my pocket for meter change. Of course I left my change in my other pants...I make the outlaw decision to run in and get my cigars without driving blocks away to park in a lot, I'm in the store less than 5 minutes (grabbed 9 cigars that I planned on getting and paid bill with bank card) and rushed out to find....A PARKING TICKET!!!! The cop was down the street almost a block away writing some other poor slob up....SOB had to be lurking close by, to write me up and walk down the street to the next "customer"! First impulse was criminal in nature, second was to call borough and let them know that $5 would cost the shop owner a regular customer. What can I say...guilty as charged and I'll pay the $5...but I was in the store less than 5 minutes...damn cop must be the Flash!
it's $15 in hagerstown. i would have thought w-boro was more.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

the guy was just doing his job. i doubt there's many spots to cover, so i'm not surprised he swooped in on you that quickly.
and everyone always says 'it was just a few minutes'. you're lucky it was only $5.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
5 bucks? LOL You got lucky. Try $50 in Chicago and a boot if you don't pay for 2 tickets.
Worst part of my moving to the city....I'm down like $400 in the last 6 months.

Mostly because I'm stupid and don't pay attention to street cleaning signs.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Belmont Park

Make the trip to Baltimore to catch Nightwish next Wednesday - you'll forget all about it