Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Fairgrounds

Have long term faith in Joe Banner....very smart guy.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:49 PM
mortimer's-starship

I'm beginning to think he does know what he's doing.At first,I felt like vomiting when I heard he was the man, but so far he isn't the hack I thought and maybe this regime will turn the trick.

So thanks.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:28 PM
mortimer's-starship

It was to be announced today as to who will start at qb against Kansas City.I didn't check because I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference.

Ohio State plays a team coming off their bye for the third week in a row.It will happen again next Saturday.It could be an anomaly;then again,a conspiracy could be at the root.

The Browns,they need not be conspired.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 AM
mortimer's-starship

Huge news ,SportyFans....Jason Campbell is now the starting qb for the Chiefs game.

This is interesting because at least out of traing camp,Campbell was listed from thereon as the no.2 guy-----the back up to the starter.Weeden gets a major boo-boo st the start of the third game.Does Campbell replace him? No. Hoyer does....the number 3 guy.

The Browns had yet to sign a third qb since Hoyer went down.It's kind of fractured logic I guess.If they had a 3rd in line qb,by habit force.... he would have to jump Campbell.But since they don't,it makes it easy.

Is it any wonder why the team continues to struggle from year to year?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:05 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer's-starship View Post
Huge news ,SportyFans....Jason Campbell is now the starting qb for the Chiefs game.

This is interesting because at least out of traing camp,Campbell was listed from thereon as the no.2 guy-----the back up to the starter.Weeden gets a major boo-boo st the start of the third game.Does Campbell replace him? No. Hoyer does....the number 3 guy.
Clyde, this is a perfect strategy. They wanted to make damn sure they didn't injure their backup QB. So how do you accomplish this? Just don't play the backup, and skip to the number 3 guy. And now when they really have to have the backup, he is fresh and he is healthy. They know what they are doing.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
mortimer's-starship

Oh gosh....forgot you are very familiar, having an appreciation for the Les Miles Opus,with this unique stratagem.

!!OOOOOOOOOO!!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 AM
mortimer's-starship

Good Morning Sporty Fans, obtuse as most of you are.

I am giving the buy sign on The Fighting Vagini getting 11 against the Michigan State Quartans.Too bad it's 7 days from the Quartans last game and not 4, but oh well.

Ohio State should abolutely lobotmize State Penn tonight.They would have been wise to stay out of the Big Ten and stay in that dweeby East Coast region playing high school teams.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 AM
mortimer's-starship

I despise the Fighting Vagini.

But I think State Penn was fashionably lobotomized----forthwith.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:05 AM
mortimer's-starship

I think it's the FoyerMakers +31 against Ohio State this Saturday.

It probably will be more like a 40 point win for Ohio.

The Quartans----they fooled me last week.I will take them giving up 4 against the Vulvarenes.I quit with the Fighting Vagini.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Good Morning Sporty Fans, obtuse as most of you are.

I am giving the buy sign on The Fighting Vagini getting 11 against the Michigan State Quartans.Too bad it's 7 days from the Quartans last game and not 4, but oh well.

Ohio State should abolutely lobotmize State Penn tonight.They would have been wise to stay out of the Big Ten and stay in that dweeby East Coast region playing high school teams.
FTFY
Old 10-29-2013, 02:28 PM
mortimer's-starship

....uh,fixed what?I don't see the fix....
Old 10-29-2013, 08:28 PM
mortimer's-starship

So solly SportyFans.....forgot the Browns report.

They did lose Sunday,but in fine fashion.

Their 2nd string qb who got jumped by the 3rd stringer but this time there was no 3rd stringer,so DaGelfer's theory worked to perfection.A very healthy Jason Campbell performed admirably.If it wasn't for Mr. Butterfingers ( Bess is known as a possession receiver! Face palm.)....that could have been a huge upset win.Bess had a total of 4 upsie's.

Weeden is so bad.

Campbell will wok good.

The downside is they lost their fine kick returner for the year.

3-5 at the season's midpoint....awethome!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM
mortimer's-starship

I wonder if N-ert cruises this area.....with the taste for blood?

Who cares.

The Mad Dog Fighting Buckeyes of Ohio State own ,by far, the longest currently active winning streak among major doo dahs.20 in a row.

However;the very longest among any talent level lines would belong to those Purpley Raiders of Mount Union;that being 22.They are also an Ohio team.Winners of 10 Div. III titles.

When it comes to football, no one can top the state of Ohio.

No one.

ha-ha!!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 AM
mortimer's-starship

Hello to all serious SportyFans.

I'm glad I am not one of you.

The NBA season has started,sorry to say.The Cavaliers did win their first game against an overhyped team from Brooklyn;forget the name.The coach they fired only 3 years past so as to please the owner.....I mean Lebron James.... has been rehired.

This should keep James out of Cleveland as he looks for another place to take his talents.

Taking the Browns against Baltimore this Sunday at whatever spread points in total and direction.

Happy Sporty Travelings.

blech
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Randwyck

Time to break out Tanney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDJb03a0yo#t=10
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
...the very longest among any talent level lines would belong to those Purpley Raiders of Mount Union;that being 22.They are also an Ohio team.Winners of 10 Div. III titles.
I hope the starship gets ESPNU.

GO RAIDAHS!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...vs-mount-union
Old 12-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Santa Anita

wow, mortimer had a one week return and I missed it in it's entirety. Sad. I will survive.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Jerome Park

From Sportscaster Clyde

================================================== ============

Hello Sporty Fans from all over the world.

I know you rabid curling fans from Norway are regulars.

Let's catch up with the latest on the Brownies:

Johnny Hockey.

By does he suck.

That was a Jimmy Haslam pick and it does figure.I doubt the coaching staff makes it to October.The front office will be gone by November.Haslam will be in jail by January.I have to say it SportyFans....it's going to be a long football season.Our only hope is the team quits-----literally.Oh, the guy who earlier here gave his stamp of approval to Hack Banner:Next time you have something dumb to say;go to the onthecontrary selections thread....OK?

Tribe Tidbits:

DL Swisher is really doing fine work;just somewhere other than on the baseball field.Where do the Indians find these $15 million a year poitical activists?Swisher has to be a conservative.

Michael Bourne.

Someone Kill Me.

Can the overview of the tribe have a worse start? Thank our luckies Masterson and Cabrera are gone.Of course.... shortstop,right field and sometimes center as well as third as well as dh are now manned by the highly trained---- utility players.Oh so they can't hit....big deal.They are used primarily for their lack of defensive skills.

Pitching?

PLEASE!!!!

I am like sssssso all for it.

Cavalier Pick and Rolls:

I can't believe he's back.Thanks to The Queen,the team just went from the youngest to the oldest in the NBA.And don't mention anything to me having the word "love" anywhere in its thought string.I hate basketball anyways;which is why I actually like Johnny Hockey.Maybe we'll get an NHL franchise.It would inject a refreshing charge into the local sports scene to watch legal assault and batteries unfold in a controlled atmosphere.I think the Talyban.Al Kida and PISIS members should be drafted by NHL teams.

Ohio State Nuttings:

It's the Year Of The Roberto Duran in Columbus Ohio's Chinese/Panamanian Town.

No qb....no mas.

So there ya go.

( Mr. Horsey: How goes it sir!)

© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)
Old 08-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Arlington Park

From Clyde:

==================================================

It's really wonderful seeing all these"welcome back!"and high approval ratings for my fine content.

I would like to take the time to thank each and everyone of my fan

Make that my Flotilla of Fans.

I certainly hope I didn't forget anyone.

The Brownies are hopeless;not even Johnny Rotten is going to help.

Really....who cares about the Cavaliers and the freaky NBA?

The Tribesmen are beginning to resemble a .500 plus team,but mistaken identity happens around here.

Speaking of plus-----Ohio State may have lost a qb,but may well have gained one who can throw.Always a huge advantage.

Speaking of NoAdvantage: Is there such a thing over there as areas of possible taboo topics that are either in horrible taste or simply stupid beyond even Alex Jones ? There is a large contingent of the frozen, dead and stupid at that place.It really should change it's name to Ground Zero, but that would insult past ground zero's.

You know the sporty world really lacks when I must fill in with NA doings.

The Cleveland Gladiators( no awful jokes please)set an Indoor Arena 7 Man Squamish record for success this season....and proceeded to get demolished in the title game,72-32.

It's a gift....really.

Of course ,the Gay Games were held here.

Someone kill me.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Santa Anita

I could inform clyde on all of the cleveland sporty happenings. His entries seem a bit out there this time!! His readings seem poor at present time. Tell him his understandings on the current Tribe are way off, and he needs to get over LeBron James. Plus basketball is way better than football. Focus, clyde...focus!!