Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Fairgrounds

I seriously wish the horse and you guys the best, but might a 50k claimer still be too ambitious? Prove me wrong, but if you guys run her in a 50 k claimer race, and she finishes up the track, take DisappearingdanAKAPlaya's advice, and drop her big...

But as I said, I wish y'all and your horse the best...
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swap Fliparoo
I was the stand-in for sniper and sightseek!
Thanks for going!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmayjr
I seriously wish the horse and you guys the best, but might a 50k claimer still be too ambitious? Prove me wrong, but if you guys run her in a 50 k claimer race, and she finishes up the track, take DisappearingdanAKAPlaya's advice, and drop her big...

They want to run her in a spot where she doesn't get claimed... running her in a 15k claimer most likely would allow that to happen. This filly is sound as a dollar... it would be a shame to have a sound filly like her get claimed. Her next start will be better. She probably needed the race.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
The Curragh

Does anyone have pics to post of SWLY from yesterday...padock shots, warmup, at the gate???
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
They want to run her in a spot where she doesn't get claimed... running her in a 15k claimer most likely would allow that to happen. This filly is sound as a dollar... it would be a shame to have a sound filly like her get claimed. Her next start will be better. She probably needed the race.

you coulda had her for 10-15 before and nobody claimed her
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Newmarket

excerpt from the race recap from the DRF result chart in case anyone didn't see it

"SUMWONLOVESYOU followed the pace in a striking position for six furlongs and tired"

i'm sure she'll pick up some fitness from the effort that will enhance her next performance.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:

having a sound horse is great, but usually after running a while a horse that doesnt have some type of issue even a small one probaly isnt running hard enough
Old 04-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
you coulda had her for 10-15 before and nobody claimed her
Actually, at the time they were looking at her, they could have claimed her for 20k, but it's risky to claim... by spending a few grand more, they knew what they were getting. Kinda like the difference between buying a car at an auto auction and taking the chance that the car had been wrecked or by buying it with a dealer guarantee from the dealer.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
having a sound horse is great, but usually after running a while a horse that doesnt have some type of issue even a small one probaly isnt running hard enough
Hmmm... I don't agree. What about a horse like Devil His Due? Not running hard enough for you?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmayjr

Thanks for the advice. No charge right?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Hmmm... I don't agree. What about a horse like Devil His Due? Not running hard enough for you?

were you around that horse everyday jamie taking care of it? how do you know if the horse didnt have issues even be it small ones, with a ankle, hocks, stifels, back, shoulder, etc etc etc?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
were you around that horse everyday jamie taking care of it? how do you know if the horse didnt have issues even be it small ones, with a ankle, hocks, stifels, back, shoulder, etc etc etc?
I was
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I was
and that horse never had a single issue come up, maintenance never had to be done on the horse? obviously chuck you train and your knowledge far exceeds mine and basically anybody elses here when it comes to horse care but im interested how many horses have you trained that ran hard and actually made a profit for their owners on the track that didnt have some type of issue?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Hialeah Park

Honestly I think she runs in the other division of the race and we have a very different outcome. No 22.64 opening quarter and no ground loss cause she would have been on the lead. Not saying she would have won the other division but she sure would have had a heck of a lot better chance.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Honestly I think she runs in the other division of the race and we have a very different outcome. No 22.64 opening quarter and no ground loss cause she would have been on the lead. Not saying she would have won the other division but she sure would have had a heck of a lot better chance.
i thought nola ran a real nice race. i was there the day she romped at arlington and it was interesting to see mcpeek at arlington midweek saddling a horse
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Of course a horse is going to have small issues...

But to say that a horse that happens to be SOUND isn't running hard enough is a bit far fetched. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of lower level claimers probably have more than just minor issues. To run Sumwon in a 15k claimer would almost guarantee that she'd be claimed. She is a nice horse, John and I think she needed the race yesterday and will come back strong next time around. I think that Chuck knows what he's doing...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
and that horse never had a single issue come up, maintenance never had to be done on the horse? obviously chuck you train and your knowledge far exceeds mine and basically anybody elses here when it comes to horse care but im interested how many horses have you trained that ran hard and actually made a profit for their owners on the track that didnt have some type of issue?
Of course every horse has an issue of some sort just as every athlete that competes in any sport has aches and pains. And the good horses have the same problems as the lesser horses. But what the issues are and how the trainer and horse deal with them varies greatly. Sumwonlovesyou is not without her little issues but they are far from major and she would be considered a sound horse. The one thing I learned a long time ago was that if you are going to have any success in most things in life you cant panic at the first sign of trouble. I have had horses run far worse then we did yesterday that came back and ran just fine. We know that she can compete at the 20 level on the dirt and poly. What we want to find out is what else she can do. We can always drop her in class or shorten her up.

Deil his Due was a freakin iron horse
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:

But to say that a horse that happens to be SOUND isn't running hard enough is a bit far fetched. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of lower level claimers probably have more than just minor issues. To run Sumwon in a 15k claimer would almost guarantee that she'd be claimed. She is a nice horse, John and I think she needed the race yesterday and will come back strong next time around. I think that Chuck knows what he's doing...

not disputing chuck knows what hes doing, i think the filly and everyone who owns a piece of her is lucky to have him in their corner. class of a horse doesnt matter though as far as physical issues. there are many horses that do not run on the bottom and run in higher claimers, allowances whatever that are basically cripples! some horses are dropped to the bottom when theyre hurting so they dont have to try as hard but some of your soundest horses run on the bottom for the simple reason...........they unfortunately dont run a jump LOL!

shes a gorgeous filly jamie and i like her and enjoyed the camera time she got yesterday on the tv from the keeneland feed and was rooting my a$$ off for her. i agree with you she will be sharper next time out. again i dont think any1 would claim her for 15k unless if she runs for that next out and wins and runs back in that spot, but lemme ask you jamie do you think somebody would drop on her for 25-30k right now?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Randwyck

Quote:

Totally agree with you, It was the first time she ran under Chuck's
care. Now he knows a lot more about her, so i think we will see a vast improvement next time.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
not disputing chuck knows what hes doing, i think the filly and everyone who owns a piece of her is lucky to have him in their corner. class of a horse doesnt matter though as far as physical issues. there are many horses that do not run on the bottom and run in higher claimers, allowances whatever that are basically cripples! some horses are dropped to the bottom when theyre hurting so they dont have to try as hard but some of your soundest horses run on the bottom for the simple reason...........they unfortunately dont run a jump LOL!

shes a gorgeous filly jamie and i like her and enjoyed the camera time she got yesterday on the tv from the keeneland feed and was rooting my a$$ off for her. i agree with you she will be sharper next time out. again i dont think any1 would claim her for 15k unless if she runs for that next out and wins and runs back in that spot, but lemme ask you jamie do you think somebody would drop on her for 25-30k right now?
She is a big good looking filly out of a graded stakes winning mare. It is April. She would be 1-5 to be claimed for 15 by a breeder looking to fill out his stallions book. I have claimed a fillies for people that looked a whole lot worse than her that weren't bred as well as she is for 30k at this time of the year.