Old 05-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Brooklyn.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Brooklyn.
I've was out of town for G6 Mem/OKC and finally got around to getting a close look at the Randolph incident. He has to be one of the stupidest human beings alive. He basically punched a guy because he couldn't push him around like he does others. The best part...Adams brushed it off like he was a gnat.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
They are gonna escape Memphis because it looks like Conley is hurt. But there are big issues there. Indiana looks like they may get through as well but the flaws of both teams are pretty apparent.
I agree, but the problem is Memphis is the team best able to exploit those flaws. The Clippers and Spurs, not so much. Clippers will be really tough, and if OKC gets past that, so will the Spurs. But those teams can't play like Memphis did, not even close.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Santa Anita

Over/Under on Griffin/Ibaka scuffles during series set at 2.5.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
I've was out of town for G6 Mem/OKC and finally got around to getting a close look at the Randolph incident. He has to be one of the stupidest human beings alive. He basically punched a guy because he couldn't push him around like he does others. The best part...Adams brushed it off like he was a gnat.
Looked more like a push. That's why no one was even mentioning it before the weak suspension came down. They sure do love the Thunder. Scheduling throughout the regular season, suspensions...honestly it's pretty funny how they get catered to.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Looked more like a push. That's why no one was even mentioning it before the weak suspension came down. They sure do love the Thunder. Scheduling throughout the regular season, suspensions...honestly it's pretty funny how they get catered to.
A push? That is a suspension every single time in the NBA. Randolph was moronic, there was absolutely nothing happening that warranted him to do that. I don't know how any objective person could watch that and think it was weak. I couldn't believe the referees didn't call a flagrant and review it at the time, but they obviously didn't see it.

Your scheduling complaint is without merit. Every team has tough stretches and easy stretches.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
A push? That is a suspension every single time in the NBA. Randolph was moronic, there was absolutely nothing happening that warranted him to do that. I don't know how any objective person could watch that and think it was weak. I couldn't believe the referees didn't call a flagrant and review it at the time, but they obviously didn't see it.

Your scheduling complaint is without merit. Every team has tough stretches and easy stretches.
That's what most unbiased fans called it. As far as the schedule...the Thunder had one 4 game road trip the entire season, compare that to all the other teams and see what you come up with. Most teams have 4, 5 and 6+ game road trips and multiple ones at that. How can you honestly say, that has no merit?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Santa Anita

There are always going to be quirks. They had some tough stretches. But thinking the NBA does something as complicated as making a schedule and deliberately favors some teams at the same time, that has no merit.

The Thunder share the arena with NOBODY. No hockey, no rodeo, few concerts. Almost all of the biggest concerts are in Tulsa. We do get some, but they are booked around Thunder games, not the other way around. Most teams that have very long road trips have them because of arena conflicts...Grammy Awards, rodeos, hockey, concerts, etc. About the longest thing we had this year was the NCAA wrestling championships over a weekend.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
The Thunder share the arena with NOBODY. No hockey, no rodeo, few concerts. Almost all of the biggest concerts are in Tulsa. We do get some, but they are booked around Thunder games, not the other way around. Most teams that have very long road trips have them because of arena conflicts...Grammy Awards, rodeos, hockey, concerts, etc. About the longest thing we had this year was the NCAA wrestling championships over a weekend.
I guess the Wizards wish they had that kind of arena situation

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...me-6-conflict/

By the way...Happy Birthday!

Last edited by Duvalier : 05-05-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I agree, but the problem is Memphis is the team best able to exploit those flaws. The Clippers and Spurs, not so much. Clippers will be really tough, and if OKC gets past that, so will the Spurs. But those teams can't play like Memphis did, not even close.
Paul being less than 100% helps. Not having to fade Tony Allen anymore will help more. Still have to find consistent 3rd scoring option. Clippers a far different look on offense but can cause them issues. Perkins shouldnt play nearly as much which will help OKC on offense. I'd be surprised to see this one not go 7.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Maybe I'm just being a square here but Clippers +175 for the series seems too good to pass up....
Old 05-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Randwyck

Spurs run has to end sometime...this second round series would be a good place for it.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Longchamps

Mark Jackson got fired. Curse of RHT.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Randwyck

What a class act Kevin Durant is. Well deserved MVP.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Randwyck

Nets trailed by 13 at the end of the 3rd and Deron Williams, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson don't play a single minute in the 4th quarter?
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Nets trailed by 13 at the end of the 3rd and Deron Williams, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson don't play a single minute in the 4th quarter?
I have no idea what the hell that was. You don't forfeit games like that in the playoffs. It was extremely obvious early in the 4th that the Livingston/Thornton/Mirza/Kirilenko/Plumlee lineup wasn't going to score ever. Down 20+ I could understand resting guys but 13 points is very manageable. Bizarre stuff from Kidd.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Santa Anita

Even had the Thunder lost, I would say the same...helluva game to watch last night.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Del Mar

Is it win or else for Scotty brooks?
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Del Mar

John wall got completely exposed this series. Completely killed the wiz in three games. He needs to work on upper body strength and shooting in offseason because he can neither shoot nor finish in the half court. He is making bad pgs like augustin and George hill look decent.

It's a shame because Beal is all that and more.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Is it win or else for Scotty brooks?
Sadly, it probably isn't.