Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 AM
boldruler

Default Mother Goose

Anyone know who is running in it? Probably way too soon for Oracle's horse, but hopefully someone shows up for it. It is a Grade 1.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Pimlico

Lemons Forever is supposed to go.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 AM
oracle80

I highly doubt lemons will win the Mother Goose and would be very certain that Wait A While would be aiming for this spot. She hasn't won a grade one yet and I imagine this will be the spot they want. Lemons was the recipient of a perfect trip behind a strong battle and had a clean trip as opposed to many of her rivals who did not that day. I give her virtually no chance of winning the Mother Goose.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
boldruler

I guess the Suburban will have to be the big entertainment. I see Rathor running big.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Pimlico

The Mother Goose will be a good spot for Wait A While if she doesnt go in the American Oaks. Lemons Forever did get a great setup in the Oaks, but she also fit in that spot and has had enough time to recover from that effort. Have to see what the field looks like, but she's likely to be a huge underlay and a possibly play against. The Coaching Club American Oaks at 10F would be a better spot for her.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
I highly doubt lemons will win the Mother Goose and would be very certain that Wait A While would be aiming for this spot. She hasn't won a grade one yet and I imagine this will be the spot they want. Lemons was the recipient of a perfect trip behind a strong battle and had a clean trip as opposed to many of her rivals who did not that day. I give her virtually no chance of winning the Mother Goose.
Couldnt agree more. I Loved Lemons Forever in the Oaks. She looked spectacular all week long. But she was handed a gift and she took full advantage. I would be surprised if she hit the board.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Del Mar

I agree with Lemons Forever not in a winning spot if she does go.

These 3 year old fillies are a very fickle bunch and its quite obvious they resemble last year's weak crop where they will spend all year taking turns beating each other. I dont think any of em are talented enough to win 2-3 grade 1's if they all have to keep running against one another.

Its going to be anyone's guess when the eclipse awards for 3 year old fillies come up. I mean pick a name out of the hat! Lemon Forever, Bushfire, Wait a While.

Definetely not talking Farda Amiga or Silver Bulletday here are we?