Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Gulfstream Park

I'm wondering if anything BRIS related can get you into this group? Handicappers Edge, Stable Alerts, etc. I may not just need to switch ADW.

This is where I feel like they are not being forthright. Do I need to purge myself from all things related to CDI/BRIS/Twinspires and how would I do that?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
I'm wondering if anything BRIS related can get you into this group? Handicappers Edge, Stable Alerts, etc. I may not just need to switch ADW.

This is where I feel like they are not being forthright. Do I need to purge myself from all things related to CDI/BRIS/Twinspires and how would I do that?
I hadn't recived notification but called to double check today. They said my info was not accessed and this was supposed to be verified by 3rd party forensic computer experts.

I doubt they could lie about the hacking at this point so I guess not everyone was affected.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Gulfstream Park

Which number did you use to contact them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
Which number did you use to contact them?

Thanks in advance.
Just the regular betting # (877) 774-7371 talked to customer service who obviously been trained to answer yhis question.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Gulfstream Park

I get the BRIS pp's and use their Stable Alert system and have participated in several contests and haven't received any notifications. My wagering is done with Xpressbet.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I got the letter on Friday. Definitely not a good thing.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ted?source=rss

'There have been reports at least 20% of TwinSpires.com customers were impacted by the breach.'
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ted?source=rss

'There have been reports at least 20% of TwinSpires.com customers were impacted by the breach.'
The key words there are "at least".

Instead of offering free credit reporting, what I would like to hear coming out of the TwinSpires Empire, is what they are going to do in the future to protect our information. What changes are they going to make to make sure this doesn't happen again? How can I be assured that a hacker doesn't get in deeper the next time and come out with my actual SSN or bank info?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think i posted it here already, but you can go to annual credit report .com and get your credit reports free. allowed to do so once a year. this isn't the site that advertises on tv, it really is free. been using it for years.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i think i posted it here already, but you can go to annual credit report .com and get your credit reports free. allowed to do so once a year. this isn't the site that advertises on tv, it really is free. been using it for years.
My bigger issue has to do with how its going to affect a number of banking things I need to get done in the next two months as I am starting my own side business. Are all these fraud alerts I place going to screw things up.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
My bigger issue has to do with how its going to affect a number of banking things I need to get done in the next two months as I am starting my own side business. Are all these fraud alerts I place going to screw things up.
that i don't know. not part of my area of expertise! definitely something to ask the bank. take that letter with you and ask them. i'm not sure what constitutes a 'soft' hit vs a hard one on your credit score and the like.

then again...when the bank officer sees 'twin spires', you might raise more questions!!! lol then tell him if it'll ease his mind, when you get that big hit you're counting on, it'll go towards your debt.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Coach Pants

It will throw a temporary road block probably.

Have to be at your best when dealing with banks. I, for one, thrive to have a fraction of the integrity of our financial institutions.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
It will throw a temporary road block probably.

Have to be at your best when dealing with banks. I, for one, thrive to have a fraction of the integrity of our financial institutions.
really shouldn't be too difficult to achieve that!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Flemington

Was this successfully swept under the rug? Haven't heard a peep about it for months. For the record, I never received a letter, and I've been a member since the youbet days. If not for DT, I would not even know about it.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Was this successfully swept under the rug? Haven't heard a peep about it for months. For the record, I never received a letter, and I've been a member since the youbet days. If not for DT, I would not even know about it.
I never received any communication from them either.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Yes.

Paul