Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Turf Paradise

got mine too
Old 09-08-2012, 06:15 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoroughbred Fan View Post
If the SSNs were hashed....nothing to worry about. If they are lying about that, then your SSN will get used by criminals.
I doubt they would lie about it, as if they did it would have to be contained. That leaks and a bad situation gets a lot worse.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Both a friend and I got the letters Friday.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Randwyck

Nothing here yet. Not sure I'm buying 20% though.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Churchill Downs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kxlY2_nqo
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Gulfstream Park

I got mine Sat...not very happy about it either.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Gulfstream Park

Now I'm pissed. Setup my Experian Security Package online this morning. Tried to call them to add the "fraud alert" feature, got a bunch of menu's but never a real person. Then tried to call Twinspires "privacy hotline" to get their help. Keep getting a message that their customer service is CLOSED and to call back during normal business hours of "6 AM to 6 PM Monday thru Friday". Really nice. Looks like I'm gonna need a new ADW soon.

Also noticed that Ed Derosa didn't mention anything about this on Friday!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
Now I'm pissed. Setup my Experian Security Package online this morning. Tried to call them to add the "fraud alert" feature, got a bunch of menu's but never a real person. Then tried to call Twinspires "privacy hotline" to get their help. Keep getting a message that their customer service is CLOSED and to call back during normal business hours of "6 AM to 6 PM Monday thru Friday". Really nice. Looks like I'm gonna need a new ADW soon.

Don't waste your time. This is another number for Experian. It is not a number for Twin Spires.

I don't know a single horse player with a Twin Spires account who didn't get one of these letters. It doesn't matter the name or state they live in. I am afraid that this is much bigger than they are letting on.

I know that Twin Spires is a sponsor of ATR. But, perhaps Steve could press for details nonetheless.

Paul
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
DeRosa isn't a Twin Spires employee so it isn't in his realm per se to talk about it. The segment is sponsored by Twin Spires. He's Director of Marketing for Brisnet. A CDI/TS exec would need to address it.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Coach Pants

Nothing better than mergers and compartmentalization to keep the utter incompetence flowing.

This is happening at all levels in our country. No one but the expert for the company in some nonsense micro issue can handle it. Pass the buck.

I'm, quite frankly, sick of it. If you're employed or partnered with a company that your company depends on to survive you should make every effort possible to know what your partners are doing.

To not have any worthwhile info on this issue is a travesty for a brisnet employee. Might as well get off the air and hit the golf course instead of deflecting an important question and promoting a bunch of crap people don't care about...especially if your ID is lost in the process of betting eleventy billion dollars to get a $10 comp and free pp's.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
Don't waste your time. This is another number for Experian. It is not a number for Twin Spires.

I don't know a single horse player with a Twin Spires account who didn't get one of these letters. It doesn't matter the name or state they live in. I am afraid that this is much bigger than they are letting on.

I know that Twin Spires is a sponsor of ATR. But, perhaps Steve could press for details nonetheless.

Paul
I haven't gotten a letter or even so much as an email. That said, I use Xpressbet exclusively and haven't wagered from my TS acct since pre KY Derby.

Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
DeRosa isn't a Twin Spires employee so it isn't in his realm per se to talk about it. The segment is sponsored by Twin Spires. He's Director of Marketing for Brisnet. A CDI/TS exec would need to address it.
Steve, I have read that a person who signed up for the brisnet free contests and had to provide personal information received the letter. They did not have a twinspires account. People who signed up in the past for ADW such as win ticket, you bet, american tab, brisbet have received the letter even though they do not have a twinspires account. In my opinion Twinspires does not want to comment on this issue because it will hurt their business. If someone is thinking about opening a ADW account with twinspires that has been hacked with customers personal info exposed would certainly have second thoughts.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
To not have any worthwhile info on this issue is a travesty for a brisnet employee. Might as well get off the air and hit the golf course instead of deflecting an important question and promoting a bunch of crap people don't care about...especially if your ID is lost in the process of betting eleventy billion dollars to get a $10 comp and free pp's.
That's not fair. He didn't deflect anything since it wasn't brought up with him because I know it wasn't his responsibility to talk about it.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Oriental Park

I dont have a Twinspires account, never signed up for one. I have a Brisnet/old Brisbet account. I got a letter.

So I assume if you are a Brisbet customer you are hacked as well, so its not just Twinspires but ALL former Brisbet account holders?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
That's not fair. He didn't deflect anything since it wasn't brought up with him because I know it wasn't his responsibility to talk about it.
Fair enough. Still doesn't change my belief that compartmentalization is making things far worse.

It's also disconcerting someone that speaks to the media wouldn't have anything worthwhile or reassuring to say on such an important issue that has supposedly trickled over to his company.

Just disappointed in the whole deal and how CDI and Bris are managing it.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Fairgrounds

I agree. Brisnet and Twin Spires are both parts of CDI. They are the same company. Ed could, if he wanted to, speak to this issue.

Either way, Steve, perhaps you could get someone on to address this issue. It is a major story.

Paul
Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Gulfstream Park

IMHO....If they think not addressing it is the best course of action, they are wrong. There aren't that many of us horseplayers out there and most of us seem to have been involved. I don't monitor other Internet Boards, but I would guess it's a topic there too. I will be switching to Xpressbet, even though I like TS layout and PP's better.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
I agree. Brisnet and Twin Spires are both parts of CDI. They are the same company. Ed could, if he wanted to, speak to this issue.

Either way, Steve, perhaps you could get someone on to address this issue. It is a major story.

Paul
You really think that someone like Ed, who isn't specifically an employee of Twin Spires, could talk extemporaneously about a topic like this? Then you've never worked for a corporation. I'd guess he'd have been fired before hanging up the phone.

I'll have an appropriate representative on to talk about it.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Saratoga

Im truly concerned here in Texas. I believe TS is my only option for on-line wagering. I have not received a letter as of 9/8 so not sure what is going on. My option would be Sam Houston s-casting and that would limit my participation quite a bit. If anyone knows of another site that is offering on-line betting for Texas, please let em know.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
I haven't gotten a letter or even so much as an email. That said, I use Xpressbet exclusively and haven't wagered from my TS acct since pre KY Derby.

Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...
I'm in this group and still hopeful my info hasn't been compromised.