Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default still jacked up !!!!!!!

What a great day. As i wheeled out of the paddock and down thru the arlington tunnel to watch the race from the winners circle, not to sound like some nutcase, i said a quick little prayer to myself.

first and foremost that our tiny girl with a big heart who lays it all out on the track when she runs for us come home safe and sound and seconed that she gets her due for herself and all the dee tee partners the win we have been waiting for.

between sumwon last year running so well and jazzy getting close this year , i knew it was only a matter of time with Chuck at the helm and the great job he has done with our horses that our ship would roll in. and sat patience paid off.

i sat and cheered her on coming down the stretch yelling like a madman "come on jazzy" . the workers at arlington in front of me must have thought i was crazy by the way they looked at me and smiled. i thought to myself you can't put a price on this feeling.

its always great seeing the chicago crew and others (Barney,Dell,Tom,Brian,Gbbob,Hooves,Wingnut and everyone else that made it out sat)

chuck and paula are to cool.(Thanks again chuck for all that you do) i think i speak for everyone that with hooves GREAT idea and Steve and Chucks determination to get this thing off the ground and flying, we say Thank You very much.

thanks also to TC and all of Team Simon

Thanks to ALL the dee tee partners having faith in this and putting up the cash to have fun.

And a big Thanks to Steve and this site, to get us all together and having him and Chuck making this thing a reality. Thanks again Steve !!!!!

Steve it felt like a part was missing when you were not there. the first thing i thought of was after the win was it would have been just picture perfect if steve would have been here also.

A couple of others i wished were there and deserved being in that picture were Beth, Danzig and Unstable(he has made so many trips from LA to the races to see one of our horses get into the winners circle) i hope at least all of you still got a thrill from saturday.

roger
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

this is too funny. I was just thinking the same thing. It really makes me smile when I think about all of the TVs that are being yelled at because of this stable.

anyway... it was good to see you. The day went really fast. After KnS's win I didn't have much interest in the rest of the races (including the Preakness) and wanted to beat the traffic home.

Hope to see you at the next race.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Ellis Park

Hey, Roger,

If I couldn't make it to this race, I was glad that you were there to guide Kickin home through sheer force of will.

As I told Steve during his radio show on Monday (first-time caller), we need to Photoshop him into the winner's circle picture. If anyone deserves to be in that picture, it is him.

I truly enjoyed hearing the race call for the first time on Steve's show. I was in Alaska for a family obligation, and if they run Kickin back on June 12th, as Chuck has mentioned, I will miss that race with another (and final for this year) family obligation. (Family... I love 'em, but they're cramping my racetrack-visiting lifestyle.)

Keep the magic going,

Jonathan (Unstable)
Old 05-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
A couple of others i wished were there and deserved being in that picture were Beth, Danzig and Unstable(he has made so many trips from LA to the races to see one of our horses get into the winners circle) i hope at least all of you still got a thrill from saturday.

roger
I would have loved to have been there... All my trips have been great times, seeing tracks I've only seen on TV previously. As long as our horses are competitive and come back safely, I'm thrilled. I'll get in a winner's circle picture soon enough.... (artist's representation of my grin when I do)
Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
What a great day. As i wheeled out of the paddock and down thru the arlington tunnel to watch the race from the winners circle, not to sound like some nutcase, i said a quick little prayer to myself.

first and foremost that our tiny girl with a big heart who lays it all out on the track when she runs for us come home safe and sound and seconed that she gets her due for herself and all the dee tee partners the win we have been waiting for.

between sumwon last year running so well and jazzy getting close this year , i knew it was only a matter of time with Chuck at the helm and the great job he has done with our horses that our ship would roll in. and sat patience paid off.

i sat and cheered her on coming down the stretch yelling like a madman "come on jazzy" . the workers at arlington in front of me must have thought i was crazy by the way they looked at me and smiled. i thought to myself you can't put a price on this feeling.

its always great seeing the chicago crew and others (Barney,Dell,Tom,Brian,Gbbob,Hooves,Wingnut and everyone else that made it out sat)

chuck and paula are to cool.(Thanks again chuck for all that you do) i think i speak for everyone that with hooves GREAT idea and Steve and Chucks determination to get this thing off the ground and flying, we say Thank You very much.

thanks also to TC and all of Team Simon

Thanks to ALL the dee tee partners having faith in this and putting up the cash to have fun.

And a big Thanks to Steve and this site, to get us all together and having him and Chuck making this thing a reality. Thanks again Steve !!!!!

Steve it felt like a part was missing when you were not there. the first thing i thought of was after the win was it would have been just picture perfect if steve would have been here also.

roger
thanks roger! wish i could have been there too. was yelling my head off at the tv. that was the most exciting race i've ever seen! but mark was my 'proxy', and i know he had a good time.
to top it off, he found out yesterday that his test scores were high enough for promotion! moving up a rank.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Arlington Park

well said and good seeing you again !
Old 05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

It was great to see you again. Hope you're back again soon