Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
A thorough, non-hysterical opinion piece by David Scott in the NYT. Succinct regarding Romney and the purely inaccurate, wrong-headed notions.

Thurston Howell Romney

This comment suggests a few things. First, it suggests that he really doesn’t know much about the country he inhabits. Who are these freeloaders? Is it the Iraq war veteran who goes to the V.A.? Is it the student getting a loan to go to college? Is it the retiree on Social Security or Medicare?
Yeah, that one burned. Ouch!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 09-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Gulfstream Park

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...538137ba1fc2b0

I'm Mitt Romney bitches and I'm all you got left!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Keeneland

MotherJones is releasing the full 1-hour Romney donor speaking video at 2:30pm eastern.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ate-fundraiser

Update: Here it is: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ney-fundraiser
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 09-18-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post

Romney speaking at last nights presser: pale, shaking, definitely rattled. He's done and he knows it.

And if he can't handle a campaign disaster, how could he handle the 3am phone call?

Romney is giving a live interview today on Fox News at 4:00pm Snort. Giggle.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Keeneland

#RomneyShambles

Yeah - I voted for Obama the first time, because McCain picked Palin. I'm voting for Obama the second time, because he's doing a damn good job.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
The Curragh

More red herring anyone, is anyone still hungry?

I am sure there will be more to distract everyone before November...
Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
More red herring anyone, is anyone still hungry?

I am sure there will be more to distract everyone before November...
How a president candidate views - and dismisses as freeloaders - half the population of the country is no red herring. It is a searingly accurate reveal of how this man views this country, and it's citizens.

And the fact that his 47% meme is an untrue lie makes it worse, and just compounds Romney's documented history of blatent lying

I don't mind that someone doesn't want to vote for Obama, but to vote for this particular mendacious, foreign-policy incompetent person is like voting for Sarah Palin for president - oh, and getting the ex-W.Bush foreign policy crew back in power. Third party candidates are the only other valid choice.

The GOP knows that Ron Paul would have drawn at least 1/3 of the "R" votes away from Romney, which is why they destroyed the man.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
in related news:

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...increases?lite
Old 09-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post

its phrasing was "inelegant." What, does he think if he said all that stuff in French, it would have come off better?

yeah, i laughed.

I speak Money, bitches, and if you didn't learn it when you were young, there ain't no Rosetta Stone you can use to play catch-up now. We spoke Money at home. We spoke Money at prep school. Parlez-vous franc? Sprechen sie Deutschmark? You don't speak Money, you don't speak to me, because, well:

I'm Mitt Romney, bitches, and I'm all you got left.

and he's the best the republicans could get...that's sad. that's one big nail, perhaps the last?, in the coffin known as the gop. maybe they could start calling it the gdp as in grand defunct.

Got a little secret for you all. I don't care if I win. I never did. Oh, I want the job because I'm entitled to it. It's the inexorable next step in my golden existence. But it's not like I actually wanted to do the job. It was a prize, something to hang over one of my mantlepieces or another. But, you know what happens the day after I lose to Obama? A whole bunch of you start typing your resumes, and writing your essays about how I fked the whole thing up six ways from Sunday, and Whither The Conservative Movement? and all that malarkey. Maybe I take some folks from Congress down with me, and they all go to the Fox studios and run around the set of Hannity's program until the music stops, and one of them doesn't find a chair, and that one has to go home and do morning drive in East Jesus, Florida.

Me? You know what I do? I go to Malibu and I ride the car elevator up and I look at the sun go down over the Pacific. And then I do the same thing the next day. And the day after that. And do you know what my great-grandchildren are going to do, while yours are groping through the Cormac McCarthy novel that President Paul Ryan's two terms have left them after 2026?

The same thing I did.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Default hey, joey

twice this morning, coach about 7:30, and me a few hours later, asked you a question. it's yet to be answered.

what will romney do that will be better than obama? which of his plans do you most approve of?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM
The Curragh

Lets make a list, I will start. Name something going on in our country more important than Romney saying he knows that a large group of people would not vote for him.

Afghanistan.

Next?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
twice this morning, coach about 7:30, and me a few hours later, asked you a question. it's yet to be answered.

what will romney do that will be better than obama? which of his plans do you most approve of?
… he’s asked a question and answers off the cuff … just shows a lack of patience and thinking in him … we’ve seen it many times lately with Mitt …. Ok’ing Eastwood unscripted for no reason, insulting England/London for no reason, jumping the gun on Libya for no reason and now adding in these insulting words to an answer for no reason … he just doesn’t think … he just reacts and thinks he is on script but that is all .. kind of like putting a dog on a car roof for 12 hours … not very thoughtful … may meet your needs and only yours but that is the problem … he isn’t the only one to consider … which is all he does … layoffs, offshore, etc … no problem for him … and why? … why? … if you know you are going to run for President to you not have a plan to deal with iffy tax returns and still maintain offshore accounts … why? … that is either astoundingly arrogant or just not thinking it through at all or both … but it ain’t Presidential.

Damar Hamlin
Old 09-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
… he’s asked a question and answers off the cuff … just shows a lack of patience and thinking in him … we’ve seen it many times lately with Mitt …. Ok’ing Eastwood unscripted for no reason, insulting England/London for no reason, jumping the gun on Libya for no reason and now adding in these insulting words to an answer for no reason … he just doesn’t think … he just reacts and thinks he is on script but that is all .. kind of like putting a dog on a car roof for 12 hours … not very thoughtful … may meet your needs and only yours but that is the problem … he isn’t the only one to consider … which is all he does … layoffs, offshore, etc … no problem for him … and why? … why? … if you know you are going to run for President to you not have a plan to deal with iffy tax returns and still maintain offshore accounts … why? … that is either astoundingly arrogant or just not thinking it through at all or both … but it ain’t Presidential.

Well said, J
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Lets make a list, I will start. Name something going on in our country more important than Romney saying he knows that a large group of people would not vote for him.
Um .. that wasn't part of the sentences Romney spoke that are getting him raked over the coals right now.

Quote:
Afghanistan.

Next?
Excellent point. What is Romney's position on Afghanistan?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
The Curragh

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. "
Old 09-18-2012, 03:42 PM
The Curragh

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...8#.UFjcp5YgqF8

Nothing to see here, keep looking that way...
Old 09-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. "
Yes, so? That, again, is not what Romney said, that has created this firestorm.

Quote:
Mitt Romney quote: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.

That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.

"My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Characterizing half the citizens of this country as freeloading moochers, living off the government , who will never "take personal responsibility for their lives", is insulting to every American, beyond the pale.

It just matches everything Romney has said previously on the campaign trail. Nobody could believe Romney actually thought like this - he does, and the horror of this tape is that it proves what everyone suspected about Romney.

That the 47% he speaks of consists of elderly seniors, the very poor and lower middle class, and disabled veterans is disgusting.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/...8#.UFjcp5YgqF8

Nothing to see here, keep looking that way...
Some of us can multi-task. Thanks. Especially when it comes to evaluation and choosing the person who will be responsible for the US dealing with Al Quaeda in 3 months.

Frankly, I'll go with the experienced, knowledgable, nuanced, strong guy who has killed bin Laden and multiple Al Quaeda operatives, not the inexperienced guy with zero foreign policy experience, who offends our allies and wants to start war with Iran.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:58 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Some of us can multi-task. Thanks. Especially when it comes to evaluation and choosing the person who will be responsible for the US dealing with Al Quaeda in 3 months.

Frankly, I'll go with the experienced, knowledgable, nuanced, strong guy who has killed bin Laden and multiple Al Quaeda operatives, not the inexperienced guy with zero foreign policy experience, who offends our allies and wants to start war with Iran.
I have had you on ignore for a long time now but wanted to see your opinion on this firestorm of a video that has been released so I took a look. I would love to hear more of the President behind closed doors, or even answering a single unscripted question for that matter but we will never have that besides "that's why 'they' cling to their guns and bibles".

I have never given any flack to the President for his continuation of Bush's policies that led to the discovery and killing of OBL and will continue to give credit to the operatives that performed the task and the President for giving the order.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

Afghanistan.

Next?
bit what he says is important, considering the job he's applying for. i find his attitude appalling. it's not the first time he's referenced people he needn't 'worry about'.