Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Keeneland

Default Wisconsin Recall

Polls don't close until 8:00pm central, 9:00pm eastern time. Record turnout being reported in all districts, all across state.

Local television reporter Amy Barrilleaux reports via twitter that, due to new voter registrations today (Wisconsin is a register-to-vote day of election state), Madison City Clerk reporting turnout on pace to hit 119% in Madison.

Other places reporting record day-of-voting registrations, too.

Department of Justice is monitoring election. No reports of voter fraud. One polling place was wrongly asking voters to show photo ID to vote initially today, but they were corrected and have stopped asking (that attempt to dampen down vote turnout was overturned in court)
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Keeneland

Can't read your blabber but plus 65% turnout and up to 90% in some counties.

Big congrats to the Gov and more to the Tea Party for getting the job done.

Bottom line. WI unemployment 6.5%, lower property taxes, and a governor who finally did what he said he was going to do.

This is America's future blueprint and so easy to follow!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post

Big congrats to the Gov and more to the Tea Party for getting the job done.
Polls don't close for another two hours. Are you using special Tea Party election methods that obtain outcomes before they exist?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Keeneland

And the Tea Party missed its calling and should have been named 'Pay for Your Own Shiat' party.

Irresponsibiliy leading to failure is dead, at least in WI.

Just like being responsible and honest for your own sexuality when entering into a marriage contract.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Del Mar

Default Scott Walker: The Divide and Conquer Governor‏.

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Keeneland

Default One hour 15 minutes until polls close in Wisconsin

Here's what the spending has been in this recall election. Walker and independent Republican PACs have outspent Dems by 45.6 million to 17.9 million

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...blog480-v2.jpg
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Coach Pants

YOU LOSE!! GoOD DAY SIR!!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Coach Pants

This is great preparation for libtards come November. Cry it out, turds.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Churchill Downs

I guess the Dems showed Walker not to mess with unions for public employees.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
This is great preparation for libtards come November. Cry it out, turds.
The drone attacks will escalate now. The White House will find "enemy combatants" under every rock in Yemen, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Hialeah Park

and it wasn't even close - what a waste of money.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Newmarket

I love it, a big blow for the unions.
Funny how as soon as the membership had the freedom to decide whether or not to send in their union dues, 50-60 percent kept the money and dropped the union. no surprise when you see compensation for the union leadership, and how they go around blowing millions of dollars on one political campaign after another.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Belmont Park

What's funny is how Barrett dissed Hillary to endorse Obama and as per usual Obama screws someone who supported him.... Not a mention from Big O in support throughout this whole mess....hahaha...lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas
Old 06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Keeneland

People are still standing in line and voting in Milwaukee as of 10:30 eastern.

The sad thing is that Kleefisch will be governor.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78 View Post
I love it, a big blow for the unions.
Funny how as soon as the membership had the freedom to decide whether or not to send in their union dues, 50-60 percent kept the money and dropped the union. no surprise when you see compensation for the union leadership, and how they go around blowing millions of dollars on one political campaign after another.
Barrett wasn't the union candidate.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
and it wasn't even close - what a waste of money.
But it's a huge win for Citizen's United! 45.6 million to 17.9 million Walker got over 3/4 of his money from out-of-state big money corporate donors. It's a huge win for corporate ownership of government.

At this rate, we won't have to stand three hours in line to vote in November.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
But it's a huge win for Citizen's United! 45.6 million to 17.9 million Walker got over 3/4 of his money from out-of-state big money corporate donors. It's a huge win for corporate ownership of government.

......and now on to Nov to get rid of the Big Turd
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
......and now on to Nov to get rid of the Big Turd
Good luck with that one ... in the Wisconsin exit polls today, Obama beat Romney by 5 points. Romney needs too many electoral votes to be able to win.

Of course, those exit polls also said Walker-Barrett were tied at 50:50.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Churchill Downs

I'm surprised that Wiphan hasn't posted yet. Then again, after so many months of being told that he is wrong, he is probably out celebrating.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Churchill Downs

The writing is on the wall for public-sector unions in Wisconsin. It has been reported that Wisconsin membership in the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees fell to 28,745 in February 2012 from 62,818 in March 2011,