Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2006, 08:19 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Default to the fallen....9/11

the world has changed sence 9/11 political views aside i just want to thank all the brave people who gave their lives to rescue the fallen on that day...im sure we lost some horseplayers..... and to see a building of that magnitude fully involved ,,then go in it..is a very heroic act..to the familys of the fallen and the familys of the victims of 9/11..my prayers...hooves..
Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Flemington

My same sentiments.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:25 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
the world has changed sence 9/11 political views aside i just want to thank all the brave people who gave their lives to rescue the fallen on that day...im sure we lost some horseplayers..... and to see a building of that magnitude fully involved ,,then go in it..is a very heroic act..to the familys of the fallen and the familys of the victims of 9/11..my prayers...hooves..

Amen....
Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Del Mar

Very nice Hooves. We are lucky to live in a country with so many people who are so brave to put their own lives at stake for so many others. This is a very sad day.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Idlewild Airport

My neighbor, 29 years old died. I see his mother a lot and it breaks my heart to see how the loss has runied her life. Her happiness is non existent.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Arlington Park

Thanks, Hooves.

The things we take for granted....

A day to reflect... to call and reconnect with an old friend ... to put aside trivial differences with a family member ... to do something something that makes a difference in someone else's life.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Hialeah Park

Hooves,
Well said!
May all the heros be remembered for their unselfishness, and all the victims of hatred remembered with love.
DTS
Old 09-11-2006, 09:08 AM
The Curragh

Very nicely said, Hooves. Something we can all agree on, for sure.

I often try to think what it must have been like to have been on Flight 93.

--Dunbar
Old 09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar

--Dunbar
They were heroes.

Very well said, Hooves. Thank you for posting that.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
Thanks for saying this Hooves and I echo the sentiment.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Coach Pants

We will never forget those who died just doing their job on the darkest day in american history.

May god give George W. Bush the courage to go after bin Laden regardless of what some in the House of Saud want.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
We will never forget those who died just doing their job on the darkest day in american history.

May god give George W. Bush the courage to go after bin Laden regardless of what some in the House of Saud want.
This should not degenerate into a political thread, lets simply take a moment to remember the brave and heroic souls that were lost that day along with those who risked their lives to save as many as possible! Hatred is ugly and leads to only more hatred and suffering...may every single soul ripped from this world through violence and hate find peace, as may we all!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
The Curragh

ditto hooves
Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
This should not degenerate into a political thread, lets simply take a moment to remember the brave and heroic souls that were lost that day along with those who risked their lives to save as many as possible! Hatred is ugly and leads to only more hatred and suffering...may every single soul ripped from this world through violence and hate find peace, as may we all!
If you don't like reading my posts then just put me on ignore rather than slandering what I said. Hatred? Hah! What I said has nothing to do with politics. I'm a simple man wanting those responsible for the attacks captured and/or killed. It's been five years. Don't you think the people that died 5 years ago deserve justice?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar

--Dunbar
in april of 1775 the Minutemen stood on Lexington Green and made America's first stand against the British. Sept 11, 2001 the passengers of Flight 93 made Americas FIRST stand in the fight against terorizm! Patroits each and everyone!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Balletto

Everytime I think i've dealed with the horrific events of that day, I see something on television and realize that many of the same emotions I had that morning are still very near the surface. I was watching The View this morning (dont judge!), and they had a very nice tribute and some very interesting first-hand accounts about 9/11 from their own experiences living in the city at the time.

My heart, prayers and unlimited gratitude, admiration and sympathy go out to all the heros, families and victims that were forever affected by September 11, 2001.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
If you don't like reading my posts then just put me on ignore rather than slandering what I said. Hatred? Hah! What I said has nothing to do with politics. I'm a simple man wanting those responsible for the attacks captured and/or killed. It's been five years. Don't you think the people that died 5 years ago deserve justice?
Why are you taking my remarks out of context? I slandered noone, simply stated the obvious...this was an act of terrorism done by those who hate America and Americans, the hatred I was talking about was in the hearts of those who kill. How can you say your post was non-political, your words speak for themselves! Justice? I would rather the victims and their families and friends find peace.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Saratoga

The tears have dried, but the pain and outrage, the profound sadness and shock, these emotions live on.

A day so horrific, images forever burned into our collective memory, joining us together and reminding us that we're brothers and sisters, this day will be remembered always.

Three thousand heroes, three thousand angels.

In our hearts always, we will never forget.

We will never forget.

Rest in peace.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Why are you taking my remarks out of context? I slandered noone, simply stated the obvious...this was an act of terrorism done by those who hate America and Americans, the hatred I was talking about was in the hearts of those who kill. How can you say your post was non-political, your words speak for themselves! Justice? I would rather the victims and their families and friends find peace.
One small disagreement ...

... the attack was not just against the United States and its citizens ... it was against the entire civilized world ... against any society which has advanced beyond the 7th Century ... and which won't bow down before the terrorists ... and their desire to forcibly create a new worldwide caliphate under sharia rule.

Every civilized human being must fight these utterly evil people ... because every civilized human being is ultimately their target for destruction.

God bless the souls of the people from throughout the world who have been killed by these terrorists ... and God bless all who fight back against them.

Last edited by Bold Brooklynite : 09-11-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
One small disagreement ...

... the attack was not just against the United States and its citizens ... it was against the entire civilized world ... against any society which has advanced beyond the 7th Century ... and which won't bow down before the terrorists ... and their desire to forcibly create a new worldwide caliphate under sharia rule.

Every civilized human being must fight these utterly evil people ... because every civilized human being is ultimately their target for destruction.

God bless the souls of the people from throughout the world who have been killed by these terrorists ... and God bless all who fight back against them.
BB, I agree! It was by proxy an attack on all civilization! Just as every terrorist attack that occurs anywhere in the world is an attack on us...and all freedom loving people! There are indeed evil people in the world and they must be destroyed...we will never defeat evil but we must fight those who do it's bidding!