Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Charles Hatton Reading Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepopyak
Though I can understand if the Jacksons want to bury him at their farm, it would be nice if he were buried at the Derby museum so his fans could pay their respects over the years.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Thanks Barbaro for doing your job well. You made us, if only for a moment, forget the larger world of Darfur and Baghdad and OPEC and Al Qaida and shrinking resources and global warming and the smaller world of working for a buck and finger gestures on the freeway and offers of credit in the mail and the travails of being citizens and neighbors, parents, sons and daughters. In short, you made us forget about ourselves, but we will never forget you for your kind comes this way only once in a great while.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Hollywood Park

The Jacksons didn't have to be so open with us, we strangers; they didn't have to let us participate, for months, in an intensely personal portion of their lives. They didn't have to allow New Bolton to give us unprecedented access, to open themselves and their decisions to worldwide scrutiny. I imagine they did it for the love of Barbaro, and moreso of the sport, and I am ever grateful to them for allowing us to also intimately share Barbaro. They are sportsmen in the most generous and finest sense of the word.