Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2022, 09:39 PM
Dancer

Default As Usual

Two a days ... same as your masturbation regimen ... have a look at my Saratogo Thursday Pic5 ... it only paid me $12,000 ... your buddy Byk has it posted to his Twitter ... good luck with your Monopoly Money ... and ... how is your mamma ??? Still making hot cereal for ya in the morning ..

With Afliction (yours),

The Dancer
Old 07-24-2022, 12:04 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Day 8
For a Saturday at Saratoga I thought this card was pretty blah. Treading lightly.

Best bet: Race 3- #3 Jane Grey
Was a sharp debut winner here 2 summers ago as a 2 year old. Missed about 22 months and came back last time at Belmont finishing 2nd behind a horse who ran pretty blah here the other day. But, there is definitely some talent here and the fact she's back relatively soon off the long break is a plus. I think she sits a good trip behind the speed and wins well in here.

Longshot: Race 10- #2 Miss J McKay
Not really a longshot per se, but more of a best value kind of play. I think she'll be 4th choice in here which should translate to her ML range. She was very good 2 back. Last time she didn't have the smoothest of journeys and I think she projects a great trip in here behind the abundance of speed. I expect the perfect inside/out from Irad and hopefully she's up in time
Jane Grey was no match for the sharp Terranova repeater, but got up for 2nd paying $4.30 to place. Miss J McKay had the trip from hell, losing at least 2 lengths the first time she had to check and then another 2-3 when she checked around the turn. Rallied to finish 4th, beaten 3/4's of a length. Safe to say she was best, but did me no good.

Meet totals
$64 wagered
$74.90 returned
Old 07-24-2022, 12:26 PM
Keeneland

Day 9
Another skullbuster of a card to end week 2.

Best bet: Race 4- #2 Swashbuckle
I'll admit I'm chasing this horse. Bet him the last two times he has run and he was 2nd at 7/2 and last time 2nd at 7-1 just missing. He's shown a new dimension the last two times being on the lead. I don't think he's fast enough to make the front here, but I actually think that's a good thing. Hoping he falls into a spot right off the lead and takes over top of the lane and hangs on. We'll see.

Longshot: Race 9- #8 Tuscan Queen
A lot of ways to go in here and I wanted to get creative with my choice. Tuscan Queen broke her maiden here impressively last year and then was thrown into stakes. She didn't disgrace herself in the stakes tries and then ran well against better in allowance races. Tried two turns at Gulfstream which is not her game. Went to the shelf and came back at Belmont last time. Was off slow, brushed the gate and then had a horse come over at her, causing her to check slightly. She found herself last and much farther back than usual and out in an okay run to pass a few. I expect a much better effort this time, 2nd off the break, with a big rider change and sharp breeze last week and will get lost on the board.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:04 PM
Keeneland

You have to watch the head on of the 4th to really appreciate how bad Eric Cancel is as a rider. Yanking his horse off the pace, trying to get inside when there is no spot, then gets out moved to a spot around the turn, forced to check into the stretch, etc. Every move he made was the wrong one.

Room full of good riders, if you're riding him (or betting him like me) this meet you must not want to win.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:56 PM
Keeneland

Detroit Race Course

Last Activity: Today 03:48 PM
Viewing Thread Saratoga Two a Day @ 03:48 PM

Old 07-25-2022, 10:14 AM
Detroit Race Course

I like to check in before I make a bet, just to make sure you didn't pick it.
These annual theads are a blessing.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:58 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
Nah you’re a weirdo stalker.

When you summon up the courage to actually have an opinion let us know.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:45 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
The guy has the balls to come here every day and put himself out there, he is actually showing a profit so far this meet, and you show up and take a shot at him.

Why don't you put up some picks? Show some courage.
Old 07-25-2022, 03:56 PM
Detroit Race Course

Wgy don't you mind your own business?
Old 07-25-2022, 03:58 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The guy has the balls to come here every day and put himself out there, he is actually showing a profit so far this meet, and you show up and take a shot at him.

Why don't you put up some picks? Show some courage.
Why weren’t you up there telling everyone it was a refund on the pick 4 and pick 3 BEFORE the eighth went ?
Old 07-25-2022, 04:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Why weren’t you up there telling everyone it was a refund on the pick 4 and pick 3 BEFORE the eighth went ?
Why were you born if you're going to be such a complete and total waste of space?
Old 07-25-2022, 09:30 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Wgy don't you mind your own business?
It's a message board, everything here is everyone's business.

Did I really need to explain this to you?
Old 07-25-2022, 09:32 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You wanted me to take matters into my own hands and charge the announcer's booth? Should I have tied Johnny I up first or brought some muscle?

All because of Phish tickets you embarrass yourself like this. Sad.
Old 07-25-2022, 09:56 PM
Havre de Grace

You didn’t think it prudent to get it out to the tv audience? Or maybe it took them that long to follow protocol, which apparently they weren’t sure what it was,
Someone must be making these decisions. You really telling me that you didn’t say to yourself “ we have to announce this.” ? You were just sitting there saying duh, I wonder what they’re gonna do ?
Old 07-25-2022, 10:09 PM
Jerome Park

Imagine embarrassing yourself, continuously, for over a decade, because someone was too busy to get you last minute Phish tickets.

It's enough to make anyone, except ( apparently ) one person, shudder.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:34 PM
Havre de Grace

Why deflect instead of giving an honest answer ?
Old 07-25-2022, 10:41 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Why deflect instead of giving an honest answer ?
Because only an idiot wouldn't know the answer ( I get it, that's giving Konk too much credit, but to be fair, he probably hasn't read this thread yet ).

But I'll be nice ( not that you deserve it )....I'm not the President or CEO of NYRA. I am not in charge of TV. I am not in charge of mutuals. I am not a Steward. Employees that act like they run the show get fired. I explained the situation as soon as I was given the information and the OK to divulge it. Most functioning adults ( yes, I know, this doesn't include you ) got this and were OK.

All this foolishness over some Phish tickets. Get over it.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:55 PM
Havre de Grace

Fair enough. Thought the bosses listened to you.

I’ve never seen phish or Grateful Dead at Spac. I did see Trey band there once. I guess that afternoon when my brother injured his back at Sean’s party must have you confused. Phish tickets has nothing to do with this. You are delusional to think my NYRA complaints have to do with you personally. Think about it. If you quit tomorrow do you actually think I wouldn’t feel the exact same way about the NYRA cash grab up there. Really ?
Old 07-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Randwyck

Phish tickets?
Don't get mad over Phish tickets.

Widespread Panic tickets - now that's something to hold a grudge about.
Old 07-26-2022, 07:28 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
You are delusional to think my NYRA complaints have to do with you personally. Think about it. If you quit tomorrow do you actually think I wouldn’t feel the exact same way about the NYRA cash grab up there. Really ?
Here’s where a little honesty and self reflection on your part would go a long way. For someone who can’t wait to tell others how long they have been sober, you’re not too big on the 12 steps, huh? My guess is you lied and took the lazy way on that too.

The crux of your hard on is absolutely the Phish tickets. Everything else is just filler. All of the wrongs in this sport and the only time you ever emerge from your cave and post about any of them is when NYRA does something. Whatever floats your boat man but just understand you’re not fooling anyone.

Saratoga like most things is changing. Deal with it. I’m sure everyone would like it to stay the same way it was in 1992 but in 2022 it’s not realistic. You either adapt or die. Anyone who has taken a business class surely understands this. The changes aren’t designed for the free loaders like you who don’t spend a dime at the track. You make your bologna and cheese sandwiches in the morning with your bottled water and eat it soggy after the 4th race while still complaining about some crossing guard who asked you to wait for the horses to cross after you walked a mile in the heat to save a few bucks on parking.

The changes are for the people that come to the track for an experience, that have the discretionary income and spend it. It’s a great place to go and people understand that and most understand you have to pay. Been to Fenway or Wrigley recently? How about the first or second new Yankee stadium? How about a minor league game? Disney world? How much you think a beer or a bottled water is at any of those places?

Deal with it man. You’ve been whining to your audience of 3 on twitter for YEARS and nothing has changed. Stop being the guy in the neighborhood yelling at the kids to stay off his lawn. You’re not that old yet.