Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 AM
Arlington Park

Default Bonds ...

Will he break the record?

I can't see him hitting 34 more homers, much less 14 more. He looks much slower at the plate and he's got to be hurting bad. Just don't see it happening. His body is changing quickly also as he's seemingly starting to melt away in his upper body with the weight settling in around his middle.

Can't imagine he's going to look any better come next spring. Figure him for 8-10 more HRs this year, leaving 25 or so to catch Aaron. Unless he's willing and able to play into 2008, I'd bet my last dollar against him breaking the record.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Will he break the record?

I can't see him hitting 34 more homers, much less 14 more. He looks much slower at the plate and he's got to be hurting bad. Just don't see it happening. His body is changing quickly also as he's seemingly starting to melt away in his upper body with the weight settling in around his middle.

Can't imagine he's going to look any better come next spring. Figure him for 8-10 more HRs this year, leaving 25 or so to catch Aaron. Unless he's willing and able to play into 2008, I'd bet my last dollar against him breaking the record.
Probably end up in AL next year...dont think Giants want to pay the premium for him, but he's been a Giant for a long time. Maybe cash wont be the issue,lol
Old 07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Woodbine

If all he needs is 25 more next year. He can go DH in the AL and get that easily.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Del Mar

The one city he wont play in is Boston. He has already said how he thinks its a racist city.

Bonds is going to be forgotten 2 minutes after he retires. He simply doesnt even exist anymore in baseball.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Narragansett Park

I was down at the Pirates/Giants game last night (7/28/06) and the fans were all over Bonds .... the Bucco fans didn't forget that he couldn't throw out Sid Bream from very,very,very,very shallow left field in the 1992 NLCS vs. Atlanta before all of this HR/steroid business started. It was especially nice that he came up with the bases loaded and the Giants trailing 3-0 in the 8th and hit a routine fly to left field.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepopyak
I was down at the Pirates/Giants game last night (7/28/06) and the fans were all over Bonds .... the Bucco fans didn't forget that he couldn't throw out Sid Bream from very,very,very,very shallow left field in the 1992 NLCS vs. Atlanta before all of this HR/steroid business started. It was especially nice that he came up with the bases loaded and the Giants trailing 3-0 in the 8th and hit a routine fly to left field.
Sounds like people are pretty easy to thrill in Western Penn.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Narragansett Park

Well since the Pirates haven't had a winning season in 14 years we're basically just killing time until the Steelers get rolling.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Arlington Park

A week or so later.... since the first post:

AB: 11
Hits: 1
HR: 0

He hasn't had more than 4 HRs in a month all year. Still needs 34 HRs to break the record. Here's his year.

APR / May / Jun / Jul / Aug
AB 47 71 48 63 0
Ave .277 .239 .229 .222
HRs 3 4 4 3

It ain't gonna happen.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Saratoga

No shot....