Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Santa Anita

Don't get me wrong, if I was single, I would SO become a cougar for Lee. BUT I can admit that Crystal outsang him on the last performance show. BUT he did outsing her the previous three or four weeks. It was a tough call on these two. To be honest, I think it came down to he is more commercial than she is. And yes, the dreads and her quirky ways turn some people off. (I personally like her quirky ways. It makes her more human.)

And if the vote was based strictly on looks, the final would have been Tim and Casey. The two tinibopper singers.

The best two singers were the final two. I think the fans got that right.

One last thing: I LOVED Crystal's performance with Alanis! My two fave Alanis songs. And I will buy BOTH Crystal and Lee's albums.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
I just reviewed this with my daughter..that doesn't explain David Archeletta since he should have gotten the swing vote, but otherwise unless you are Carrie Underwood and obviously the best, you won't win if you are a female anymore.
The Archuletta kid was a Mormon. Seems like he hurt himself by choosing to sing "Imagine," because he didn't sing the 1st verse ( has the "NO RELIGION" lyrics.) He made some choices in that competition that hurt him (came off looking very Mormon, and father controlled.) Also, he is a pop singer with heavy R&B influences. The trend of the audiences has been to go away from that style, and to go for the guys who are more rock, pop/rock. Also, he is Latin (in appearance.) Looking at the last 3 winners of Idol, we do indeed have the same type of guys:

1) White
2) Straight Male
3) Rock influenced (Actually, I don't remember the exact style of last year's winner...A generic individual.)

They've beaten out the judges' final selection 3 times in a row.

2008-Male Mormon R&B/ Pop singer who appeared papa controlled, and Asexual.

2009-Gay, nuff said.

2010-A Woman with dreads, and not many dresses.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Randwyck

I'd say winning is only important for those that don't have the chops to make it after all this exposure. It's a little something to hang your hat on after you've tried and become less than a hit. The ones with star quality will rise to the top, win or lose.
Besides, I think the AI system is quite flawed. Every week they send someone home, that's probably what voters should be texting, who was the worst, who gets sent home. But hey, there's not nearly as much money in that.

On a side note, I thought Christina Aguilera stole the show. She's a true performer with some serious pipes.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Coach Pants

The highlight of the night was obviously Hall & Oates.