Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Steve Byk

Default A thoroughly fun day..

Will need more time to put a recap together, but just a quick post to say what an enjoyable day I thought Wednesday was and to thank everyone that came out.. We had about as picture perfect a day as you could desire in Chicago, and a turnout of around 30 partners, Trailers, their friends and family made it the kind of afternoon we all had in mind when undertaking the Stable idea.

I don't really need to address the actual race and result here, except to say that having Chuck Simon involved in this concept was the greatest stroke of fortune for which we all could have hoped. Beyond the selection and training of a wonderfully game horse in SWLY, his availability and willingness to share his time and attention with everyone participating in DT/Dee Tee actively or passively is beyond the norm by a wide margin.

Simply put, the day fell just 4 yards short of perfection... More when I have time to write, but thanks to those in attendance at Arlington, everyone on DT that enjoy the experience from afar, and for all the kind words about what we're trying to accomplish with our racing endeavours...
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Woodbine

Default Many Thanks

I just wanted to thank Steve, Chuck, Willie, and Sumwon for a wonderful experience. We didn't get the win picture, but we got an experience that most of us will never forget. It is the journey that will make that win picture all the more enjoyable and Sumwon will be in the winners cirlce soon. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everybody and participating with the group. It is such a learning experience and horses are such wonderful animals. We own 3 quarter horses ourselves and ride 3-4 times a week. Horses have taught me a lot and Sumwon has brought a lot of people from all walks of life together, which I think is amazing. Thanks again for Steve and Chuck for putting this together. I think now we may have to make a trip to Toga this Summer! Thanks again. Hope to see everyone again soon...

Sean
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Will need more time to put a recap together, but just a quick post to say what an enjoyable day I thought Wednesday was and to thank everyone that came out.. We had about as picture perfect a day as you could desire in Chicago, and a turnout of around 30 partners, Trailers, their friends and family made it the kind of afternoon we all had in mind when undertaking the Stable idea.

I don't really need to address the actual race and result here, except to say that having Chuck Simon involved in this concept was the greatest stroke of fortune for which we all could have hoped. Beyond the selection and training of a wonderfully game horse in SWLY, his availability and willingness to share his time and attention with everyone participating in DT/Dee Tee actively or passively is beyond the norm by a wide margin.

Simply put, the day fell just 4 yards short of perfection... More when I have time to write, but thanks to those in attendance at Arlington, everyone on DT that enjoy the experience from afar, and for all the kind words about what we're trying to accomplish with our racing endeavours...
i hope you and chuck realize just how much you are appreciated for this!! it's been great, and i hope it can continue for a looong time.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Thanks for the effort. if there is any doubt about the popularity of Sumwon just check out the early odds. The stable money is ridiculous.

I had to get Ed home or I would have hung out afterwards. Hope everyone made it home ok. Next time can Sumwon race earlier so I can avoid rush hour traffic

I should stop betting Sumwon to win but at 8/5 place seemed silly.. then she pays $4 to place?

Look forward to hearing how she is doing. I don't think she liked Arlington. She didn't want to go in the gate anyway. Wonder what and where the next race is.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

It was awesome to get to meet everyone yesterday -- there are some really great people involved with this filly and it was great to get to spend the afternoon with all of you!

Just a wee bit from the icing on the cake of a perfect day!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Lincoln Fields

YES saw them stuffing her bee-hind in the gate, but forgot all about it until now! thank you for posting the great pictures btw - dvr'd the race off TVG and haven't had the heart to watch the replay, but wish there was some way to have saved the track feed interview of Steve and Chuck in the paddock - was classic! And again many thanks to all of those responsible for getting Sumwon up there, she looked and ran great, we'll get em next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
Thanks for the effort. if there is any doubt about the popularity of Sumwon just check out the early odds. The stable money is ridiculous.

I had to get Ed home or I would have hung out afterwards. Hope everyone made it home ok. Next time can Sumwon race earlier so I can avoid rush hour traffic

I should stop betting Sumwon to win but at 8/5 place seemed silly.. then she pays $4 to place?

Look forward to hearing how she is doing. I don't think she liked Arlington. She didn't want to go in the gate anyway. Wonder what and where the next race is.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Saratoga

According to Willie, she had zero problems with the track.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Keeneland

Only problem was shuffling at the top of the stretch switching leads. A 2 turn race was talked about for next start.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Saratoga

While I think everyone is happy, but disappointed, about yesterday's 2nd place finish, what people need to not forget is that yesterday was just another successful run.

Too many times horses are bought and they don't even see the oval. She is progressing tremendously. She is moving forward which is all you can ask. This is not a win now and right away relationship like so many trainers are asked to do now days. EVEN Nick Zito is winning early now. She is only 3 years old, and has the pedigree that will get better with age. Today, while it would nice to win, was not the ultimate goal. Lets not forget that Chuck essentially had to start from scratch with her.

She was shortening up in distance off a 45 day layoff, about 4 jumps out the wire she was ahead, and not because Willie was asking but because of determination and will.

I talked to a friend of mine who had no idea I was 'connected' to Sumwon. I went upstairs and chatted, he goes to me "Have you seen the sheet on this horse today" and shows me Sumwonlovesyou. "I absolutely love that horse today, look at that progression, she is a new horse, I want to know what the hell happened" I just smile at him and give him a quick lick about the situation.

This guy owns about 20 horses and just sold a horse to Kristin Muhhall that is a good progressing horse. He is well respected within the Arlington community as one of the better handicappers. I have no idea what she ran as far as a sheet number yesterday, but in my estimatation and another fellow TG user, she at least paired, and very well could have ran a new top.

I really think that if we continue to be patient with her and remain positive, which everyone has, we will have a GRADED stakes winner on our hands.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
While I think everyone is happy, but disappointed, about yesterday's 2nd place finish, what people need to not forget is that yesterday was just another successful run.

Too many times horses are bought and they don't even see the oval. She is progressing tremendously. She is moving forward which is all you can ask. This is not a win now and right away relationship like so many trainers are asked to do now days. EVEN Nick Zito is winning early now. She is only 3 years old, and has the pedigree that will get better with age. Today, while it would nice to win, was not the ultimate goal. Lets not forget that Chuck essentially had to start from scratch with her.

She was shortening up in distance off a 45 day layoff, about 4 jumps out the wire she was ahead, and not because Willie was asking but because of determination and will.

I talked to a friend of mine who had no idea I was 'connected' to Sumwon. I went upstairs and chatted, he goes to me "Have you seen the sheet on this horse today" and shows me Sumwonlovesyou. "I absolutely love that horse today, look at that progression, she is a new horse, I want to know what the hell happened" I just smile at him and give him a quick lick about the situation.

This guy owns about 20 horses and just sold a horse to Kristin Muhhall that is a good progressing horse. He is well respected within the Arlington community as one of the better handicappers. I have no idea what she ran as far as a sheet number yesterday, but in my estimatation and another fellow TG user, she at least paired, and very well could have ran a new top.

I really think that if we continue to be patient with her and remain positive, which everyone has, we will have a GRADED stakes winner on our hands.
A very nice post.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav

she did just fine, i think she looked tremendous yesterday. and i think she thrives on racing and will do better next time out with yesterday under her belt.

can't wait til the next race!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Narragansett Park

Default speed figure

Any word on her number for yesterday's race?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 PM
The Curragh

Thanks for all the on site accounts of the day. Really proud of her effort yesterday.

We have certainly ended up with more than we bargained for in Sumwon. She is sure gutsy and making this very exciting for us all.

Can't wait for her to come North. Even just watching her work in the morning at Saratoga would be a tremendous thrill. If she happens to get a start there,. it would be surreal.....

Big thanks to Chuck, Steve and Team. Onward and upward!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepopyak
Any word on her number for yesterday's race?

She got an 81 Beyer.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Saratoga

I am guessing she paired her TG, if not improved slightly....
Old 07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
She got an 81 Beyer.
That's great! Next time...watch out...
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Sam Houston

I cant wait to see her run again. Hopefull it will be saratoga
Old 07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Saratoga

check the Chuckblog, thats the plan.