Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Saratoga

Default My experience today

Today was by far one of my favorite days of my LIFETIME. I say this because I had a dream come true. Now some on here will talk about how miniscul this dream was but I'll detail it in a "vegas like" outline

Tuesday 9pm: Tried to go to sleep, too pumped about Sumwon, turn TV on and watch 'ATL'

Wednesday 8am: Get up and check Steve/Chuck/Willie flight status, everything a-ok. Get on DT and see that Sightseek/Sniper got screwed over. SOOO BOOTLEG.

Wednesday 9:20am: Get to Midway and see Chuck standing there. Bags in the car

Wednesday 9:30am: Get lost on the southside and take long way to Byk's favorite cap store, through not so pleasant areas. Willie starts talking about favorite restaurants in area and big wins at Hawthorne

Wednesday 10:00am: Get to cap store after I was totally out of my element. Chuck and Willie trying on caps. Willie gets this black pimp hat, looks like a player. Start talking about baseball and Michael Jordan

Wednesday 10:30am: Go to Manny's Deli, OUTSTANDING FOOD. Sit down and tell war stories.

Wednesday 11:00am: ONWARD toward the track, get a little nuts on the Envoy and cruising 85mph, CHERRIES on back, but they weren't for me

Wednesday Noon: Get to Arlington, drop Willie off at Jocks area and Byk gets licensed. I get to see what it takes to get licensed and TC is in the HOUSE.

Wednesday 12:30: GET TO GO SEE SUMWON. A dream of mine was to go to the backside and be around a horse that was going to run that day. Get out of the car and I am nervous for some reason, didn't really know what to do. I was taught as a kid that with any friendly animal to put my hand down to let them smell you, get comfortable. I do that, "NO BRO, don't do that" TC scoulds . (You can't do it on race day becuase of the possibility that you might slip them something) Say hi and try and take out camera. ****ING A. DAMN BATTERIES won't ****ING work on the camera, just my recent luck. Pull out the camera phone and Byk blazes one up. Sumwon SMELLS the peppermints in my lower pocket, tries to get them and starts stamping the ground. Got to see lasix given to her, took the needle like a PRO

Wednesday 1pm: Get to the track and start meeting everyone. I can't tell you how cool everyone is. I will be surprised if I live after this Toga meet coming up. I might as well get on the liver donation list.

Wednesday 2pm: Day is not going well at the windows, just getting smoked, but that means nothing because I just have a permanent smile on my face from earlier

Wednesday 3pm: I start getting real excited about Sum, almost too much. I talk to Liane Davis and ask her if she would like to interview Kasept, didn't know my friend Mac has already asked Zoe.

Wednesday 4pm: Get into the paddock and my newspaper friend comes up to me and says "Look at the tote". 1/2....DTers abound start asking me if I got stupid. Kasept gives ZOE a hat and she puts it right on and ROCKS it proud. I see Willie standing there and walk over "What up Tommy, we gonna get this my friend".....Willie talks some **** to Rene Douglas

Wednesday 4:25pm: I feel like my gut is ripped out. Willie rode a great race, GREAT race, outside has been playing well at Arlington and Bid is right about Mojica getting stupid. He pushed the button perfectly. I TRIED to will her home, PROGRAM in right hand destroying my right leg, only to see this 6 horse get the perfect trip right behind her. Sumwon was in front of her on the gallop out about 3 jumps later.

Watching the replay with Steve/Chuck/Willie just shaking out heads. Willie "I'm sorry guys, almost got that one". It was almost like he had tears in his eye. Thanks Steve/Chuck for the ride

All in all, I am as happy as a person could be. I met and chilled out with great people all day, told some stories and almost got the win. Sumwon is an absolutley amazing animal, matter of fact THOROUGHBREDS in general are absolutely amazing. I have never had that close of contact with one of them before. Just rubbing her neck you could feel the raw power that she has, it was an amazing feeling. A dream come true.

I have never had the opportunity to chill with a jockey before. Willie is absolutely awesome and looking forward to seeing him win the Whitney with Brass Hat. I just BSed with him like I would a normal friend and he was completely cool with me. Talked about baseball, Michael Jordan, guy stuff and racing. It was such a treat to met and get to know him. His passion for not only Sumwon but racing is something I wish alot of other people had.

Chuck is awesome. Good ole country boy that would fit into any crowd. I could picture the fights we would get into about sports. Starting busting my balls for getting lost in my own city Another great human being that has alot of love for Sumwon and the game of horse racing. If I ever get rich, he will be my trainer, no ifs ands or buts.

And for Steve. I know this has been said a million times on here before but I am going to reiterate it again. He is an amazing human being. I have never met him before today but we have been friends for 3 years. The guy just has so much passion for racing and an outpouring of emotion towards making people happy that he could solve any problems. I see and realize why he is successful and moving forward instead of staying stagnant like so many people do in their lives. He sensed my giddyness and seemed excited about it, like he took pride in making a dream come true for someone, and that, to me, is the best quality that any person could have. Steve my friend, KEEP THAT HEAD UP, IT WILL HAPPEN. COME ON MY SON!!!

I thank all for today as it has been etched into my brain as one of the greatest days of my life, only standing in the winner circle could have made it complete.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Pimlico

If this horse was in a Maiden Claimer, FCC would have claimed it.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwaryas
If this horse was in a Maiden Claimer, FCC would have claimed it.
She isnt a maiden Nick.....
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Oriental Park

Nice to see a player come over to the other side an enjoy the experience. Thats a great account of your day and hopefully you wont have to wait long to be standing in the winners circle with the rest of your friends. If you think there were tears in Willies eyes losing, wait until this filly crosses the line in front. You will tear up and probably get weak in the knees. Its a feeling that cannot be explained.

If not for Mojica today it probably happens
Old 07-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Keeneland

Tom,

Great post. I feel like I was there and I wish I could have been. I can't wait to meet everyone at the Spa in a couple of weeks.
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Today was by far one of my favorite days of my LIFETIME. I say this because I had a dream come true. Now some on here will talk about how miniscul this dream was but I'll detail it in a "vegas like" outline

Tuesday 9pm: Tried to go to sleep, too pumped about Sumwon, turn TV on and watch 'ATL'

Wednesday 8am: Get up and check Steve/Chuck/Willie flight status, everything a-ok. Get on DT and see that Sightseek/Sniper got screwed over. SOOO BOOTLEG.

Wednesday 9:20am: Get to Midway and see Chuck standing there. Bags in the car

Wednesday 9:30am: Get lost on the southside and take long way to Byk's favorite cap store, through not so pleasant areas. Willie starts talking about favorite restaurants in area and big wins at Hawthorne

Wednesday 10:00am: Get to cap store after I was totally out of my element. Chuck and Willie trying on caps. Willie gets this black pimp hat, looks like a player. Start talking about baseball and Michael Jordan

Wednesday 10:30am: Go to Manny's Deli, OUTSTANDING FOOD. Sit down and tell war stories.

Wednesday 11:00am: ONWARD toward the track, get a little nuts on the Envoy and cruising 85mph, CHERRIES on back, but they weren't for me

Wednesday Noon: Get to Arlington, drop Willie off at Jocks area and Byk gets licensed. I get to see what it takes to get licensed and TC is in the HOUSE.

Wednesday 12:30: GET TO GO SEE SUMWON. A dream of mine was to go to the backside and be around a horse that was going to run that day. Get out of the car and I am nervous for some reason, didn't really know what to do. I was taught as a kid that with any friendly animal to put my hand down to let them smell you, get comfortable. I do that, "NO BRO, don't do that" TC scoulds . (You can't do it on race day becuase of the possibility that you might slip them something) Say hi and try and take out camera. ****ING A. DAMN BATTERIES won't ****ING work on the camera, just my recent luck. Pull out the camera phone and Byk blazes one up. Sumwon SMELLS the peppermints in my lower pocket, tries to get them and starts stamping the ground. Got to see lasix given to her, took the needle like a PRO

Wednesday 1pm: Get to the track and start meeting everyone. I can't tell you how cool everyone is. I will be surprised if I live after this Toga meet coming up. I might as well get on the liver donation list.

Wednesday 2pm: Day is not going well at the windows, just getting smoked, but that means nothing because I just have a permanent smile on my face from earlier

Wednesday 3pm: I start getting real excited about Sum, almost too much. I talk to Liane Davis and ask her if she would like to interview Kasept, didn't know my friend Mac has already asked Zoe.

Wednesday 4pm: Get into the paddock and my newspaper friend comes up to me and says "Look at the tote". 1/2....DTers abound start asking me if I got stupid. Kasept gives ZOE a hat and she puts it right on and ROCKS it proud. I see Willie standing there and walk over "What up Tommy, we gonna get this my friend".....Willie talks some **** to Rene Douglas

Wednesday 4:25pm: I feel like my gut is ripped out. Willie rode a great race, GREAT race, outside has been playing well at Arlington and Bid is right about Mojica getting stupid. He pushed the button perfectly. I TRIED to will her home, PROGRAM in right hand destroying my right leg, only to see this 6 horse get the perfect trip right behind her. Sumwon was in front of her on the gallop out about 3 jumps later.

Watching the replay with Steve/Chuck/Willie just shaking out heads. Willie "I'm sorry guys, almost got that one". It was almost like he had tears in his eye. Thanks Steve/Chuck for the ride

All in all, I am as happy as a person could be. I met and chilled out with great people all day, told some stories and almost got the win. Sumwon is an absolutley amazing animal, matter of fact THOROUGHBREDS in general are absolutely amazing. I have never had that close of contact with one of them before. Just rubbing her neck you could feel the raw power that she has, it was an amazing feeling. A dream come true.

I have never had the opportunity to chill with a jockey before. Willie is absolutely awesome and looking forward to seeing him win the Whitney with Brass Hat. I just BSed with him like I would a normal friend and he was completely cool with me. Talked about baseball, Michael Jordan, guy stuff and racing. It was such a treat to met and get to know him. His passion for not only Sumwon but racing is something I wish alot of other people had.

Chuck is awesome. Good ole country boy that would fit into any crowd. I could picture the fights we would get into about sports. Starting busting my balls for getting lost in my own city Another great human being that has alot of love for Sumwon and the game of horse racing. If I ever get rich, he will be my trainer, no ifs ands or buts.

And for Steve. I know this has been said a million times on here before but I am going to reiterate it again. He is an amazing human being. I have never met him before today but we have been friends for 3 years. The guy just has so much passion for racing and an outpouring of emotion towards making people happy that he could solve any problems. I see and realize why he is successful and moving forward instead of staying stagnant like so many people do in their lives. He sensed my giddyness and seemed excited about it, like he took pride in making a dream come true for someone, and that, to me, is the best quality that any person could have. Steve my friend, KEEP THAT HEAD UP, IT WILL HAPPEN. COME ON MY SON!!!

I thank all for today as it has been etched into my brain as one of the greatest days of my life, only standing in the winner circle could have made it complete.

Wait until Christmas Eve this year.

Oh boy.
Dee Tee Stables

great, GREAT write up scav...i guess you guys were doing the 'hat thing' when i called chuck. man, i hate i missed it. great race tho, so close!!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Newmarket

That was great Scav...it's an experience I hope to fufill at the Spa.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Tom,

Great post. I feel like I was there and I wish I could have been. I can't wait to meet everyone at the Spa in a couple of weeks.
LUCKY!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
Nice to see a player come over to the other side an enjoy the experience. Thats a great account of your day and hopefully you wont have to wait long to be standing in the winners circle with the rest of your friends. If you think there were tears in Willies eyes losing, wait until this filly crosses the line in front. You will tear up and probably get weak in the knees. Its a feeling that cannot be explained.

If not for Mojica today it probably happens
Unfortuntely, unless she runs at Arlington again (highly unlikely) or opening weekend at the Spa (no shot) or I win 40k at the Spa opening weekend and just stay there all meet, then I won't be in the winner circle, but that doesn't mean I won't be the happiest sum of a bitch on this planet
Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
great, GREAT write up scav...i guess you guys were doing the 'hat thing' when i called chuck. man, i hate i missed it. great race tho, so close!!
I think there is a picture with Willie and it on, it is priceless. Chuck's hat takes a close 2nd
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Oriental Park

She may jump up and shock someone in New York. She tries too hard to not have a shot in any race she runs.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Flemington

That was really, really great Scavs...thanks for writing it.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I think there is a picture with Willie and it on, it is priceless. Chuck's hat takes a close 2nd
omg...hope it's not too long til pics are up.

i gotta calm down tho, it's past my bed time and i'm still wound up. crap, if i go to bed right NOW, i get 6 hours.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Oriental Park

Call off and watch the replay all day, buy the PP, look up her pedigree a few times.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Thistley Downs

THEEEEEEBY!!

What must I do??
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Call off and watch the replay all day, buy the PP, look up her pedigree a few times.
miss work? never! well, almost....

and i doubt i'd see anything new in her pedigree! looked that over a few too many times already.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortyfeatherhands
THEEEEEEBY!!

What must I do??
oh you big baby.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I had a 104 temperature this morning at 7:55am, was doing great at 8:05am
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
oh you big baby.