Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Pimlico

Default My Sat Bc Selections

2nd (10:45)
Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf*(G2)
1 Mile (Turf) | Open | 2 Year Olds*Stakes | Purse: $1,000,000
Prg. # Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. Comment Equip. Med. ML
1 Zip Quik Smith M E Biancone Patrick L 122 I'm puzzled at why his connections want to try him in here…. L 50-1
2 Viscount Nelson Murtagh J P O'Brien Aidan P 122 Seems like a colt that will appreciate the distance and firm ground.. Should be in the hunt here. 6
3 Codoy Gomez G K Hubley Mark 122 certainly outran his odds at Keeneland. Picks up Gomez and has a longshot look. L 15-1
4 Pounced Dettori L Gosden John H M 122 I'm a huge fan of these connections and I think this guy is sitting on a huge effort. Look for him to track and attack…Win candidate!!! FTL 9-2
5 Gallant Gent Rosario J Lewis Craig A 122 Interesting that they chose to run on Grass instead of in the Juvy…Appears over his head in here. L 30-1
6 Awesome Act Moore R L Noseda Jeremy 122 An outclassed Euro..Pass FTL 20-1
7 Bridgetown Landry R C McPeek Kenneth G 122 Is going to be forwardly placed in this field and has been training well for this too… I give this guy a big shot to win if left unpressured… L 8
8 King Ledley Bejarano R Miller Darrin 122 Another Euro who appears to want no part of this distance. L 20-1
9 Kera's Kitten Maragh R Maker Michael J 122 Has yet to be tested for class. This Kitten's joy appears like he can handle some rise in class but this is asking a lot… L 12
10 Becky's Kitten Leparoux J R Ward Wesley A 122 Is Leparoux's choice in here. Just chased Bridgetown home. Undercard only for me!!! L 12
11 Interactif Desormeaux K J Pletcher Todd A 122 Was super impressive winning last out with a huge turn of foot when asked. I suppose his post is not a problem with his style and appears to be a star on the rise here. Tested for class today. L 4
12 Buzzword (GB) Ajtebi A bin Suroor Saeed 122 One paced type here from Europe. Looks to have is work cut out for him from the 12 hole.. Not for me!!! FTL 6
Selections 11-7-4-3-2
The Play: One of the most impressive 2yo winners so far has been #11. I will Single #11 on top of exactas with 7,4,3,2,10…I might even single him in the pick 3's with small savers on the 2 & 7!!!! Strong opinion in here!!!

Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* Pick 3 (Races 2-3-4) / Daily Double / Pick 4 (Races 2-3-4-5)*

3rd (11:23)
Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint
About 6 1/2 Furlongs (Downhill turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up*Stakes | Purse: $1,000,000
1 Noble Court Rosario J Sadler John W 126 Is a hard trying sort for Sadler. I guess with his style, the rail post means nothing but who knows.. I think he likes the course and is part of the home team. Include!!! L 8
2 Silver Timber Leparoux J R Brown Chad C 126 Has been on a tear since being claimed for 25k…Not sure about his chances at the extended 6.5 furlongs. I'm going to pass!! L 8
3 California Flag Talamo J Koriner Brian 126 Has been a buzz horse of sorts this week by his connections and all of the clockers. He did get loose in training and ran back to the stable area…I'm not sold on him taking these gate to wire… L 7-2
4 Lord Shanakill Crowley J Mandella Richard 124 Has top class Euro form when he is right and is in the barn of the Master. Not sure about his Jockey but on a good day he fits with these. L 8
5 Get Funky Bejarano R Sadler John W 126 Only got beaten a length by Flag who is going to be the favorite in here… Good connections and a grinding horse but…I'm not including… L 20-1
6 Cannonball Dominguez R A Ward Wesley A 126 Ward says he is outright going to win this race with this horse. I consider his chances as very good in here even though he has never raced down the hill. Count him as "live"….. L 8
7 Gotta Have Her Baze T C Sahadi Jenine 123 IS a mare with a huge heart who absolutely loves the downhill trip. Her times do not compare favorably with the top horses here but she is the horse for the course. L 15-1
8 Square Eddie Dettori L O'Neill Doug 124 Appears to be ambitiously placed in here. Just not the same horse since his injury!!! L 20-1
9 Diamondrella (GB) Maragh R Penna Angel Jr 123 Her style seems Taylor made for this course. She loves the one turn sprints and figures to get a lively pace to run at in here…. Very playable!!! L 4
10 Canadian Ballet Garcia Alan Rice Linda 123 Had a decent workout over the course but she is like to just be a pace factor in this field. Distance limitations for sure. L 20-1
11 El Gato Malo Flores D R Dollase Craig 126 I did not like his chances in an allowance on Thursday and now I really don't like them in here…passing L 30-1
12 Strike the Deal Fallon K Noseda Jeremy 126 is only a Gr3 winner overseas. His connections are strong but he is being asked a lot in here.. L 15-1
13 Desert Code Migliore R Hofmans David 126 is the defending champ in the race and I gave him out as my longshot special last year. His form this year is about the same as last year so his price will be high again…apparently he has awakened again in the mornings…hmmmm!! L 20-1
14 Delta Storm Gomez G K Mitchell Mike 126 A hard knocking 8 you for Mitchell with a longshot possibility in here. He looks like he is coming back to his best form, gets Gomez and I decent post. His odds may be higher than his morning line suggests!!! L 10
15 Tenga Cat Smith M E Ellis Ronald W 126 Blk-Off L 30-1
16 Cherokee Heaven Blanc B Jones Martin F 126 L 30-1

Selections 6-9-14-13-1
The Play: Tough race to handicap so u got to take out the shotgun here. An exacta box of my top 5 selections and a small saver with the 4&6 on top of those 5 seems in order…Go wide in multi-race wagers. Very Unsafe race!!!!

4th (12:10)
Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Sprint*(G1)
6 Furlongs (All Weather Track) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up*Stakes | Purse: $2,000,000
Prg. # Horse Jockey Trainer Wt. comment Equip. Med. ML
1 Zensational Espinoza V Baffert Bob 124 Wow…what to do with this guy from the #1 post position??? He has overcame it twice already to win but those races were not against BC horses. Bound to have to bolt from the rail and speed has not been all that good in sprints here. Will be a single on lots of tickets but wont appear on mine. L 7-5
2 Cost of Freedom Baze T C Sadler John W 126 Is looking to regain his form of over a year ago. This will be his 3rd start off the layoff but he still appears to be pressed to win this.. L 20-1
3 Fatal Bullet Da Silva E R Baker Reade 126 Will hopefully apply some token pressure to the#1 to soften him up with his draw outside of him. Ran a great race in this last year and is a player from apace standpoint!!! L 9-2
4 Crown of Thorns Bejarano R Mandella Richard 126 I'm interested in this horse as one of my longshot plays of the weekend..He ran a good 2nd to Gayego in his last while being on the notoriously slower rail for much of the race. He is liable to take a further step forward off that race. L 12
5 Gayego Gomez G K bin Suroor Saeed 126 Got a perfect, wide trip to win his last with a strikingly fast turn of foot. His kick on the end may turn out to be too much on the end for all others. L 5-2
6 Dancing in Silks Rosario J Gaines Carla 126 Has done nothing wrong in his comeback for Carla. He is a powerful mover and will be positioned right off the main speed to get first run on the closers…Might be a bit outclassed but would not be a shocker L 12
7 Join in the Dance Velazquez J R Pletcher Todd A 124 Is over his head. My only hope is they send like mad to pressure the leaders.. L 30
8 Capt. Candyman Can Castellano J J Wilkes Ian R 124 Can really close well when in the mood. I'm not convince that the synthetic track does this one any favors either… This trainer does know how to get one ready =. L 15-1
9 Fleeting Spirit (IRE) Dettori L Noseda Jeremy 123 Notoriously bad gate horse is sure to break slowly but that may be ok if the race is on the pace..One of Europe finest sprinter's and fillies have acquitted themselves well in this before. Underneath only for me… 8
Selections 5-4-8-3 The Play: I'm playing against likely overwhelming favorite #1 in here. A box of my top 4 (5-4-8-3) for exactas and tris is pertinent here. Smaller saver exactas with those four over #9!!! I will be using 4&5 in my pick 3's

Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* Pick 3 (Races 4-5-6) / Daily Double / Pick 6 (Races 4-9)*

5th (12:49)
Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile*(G1)
1 1/16 Miles (All Weather Track) | Open | 2 Year Olds*Stakes | Purse: $2,000,000
1 Alfred Nobel (IRE) Murtagh J P O'Brien Aidan P 122 Another from the powerful coolmore contingent. I would be surprised to se him get a check… 20-1
2 Piscitelli Desormeaux K J Sacco Gregory D 122 overmatched L 50-1
3 Beethoven (IRE) Moore R L O'Brien Aidan P 122 Won Europe's premiere race for 2yo's last out at long odds. I'm not sold on his chances here. Americans may be too tough!! 20-1
4 Noble's Promise Martinez W McPeek Kenneth G 122 A bargain basement colt for McPeek that only cost 10k . His last race was good and over synthetic. He likes to be forwardly placed along with some of the others in here. L 8
5 D' Funnybone Prado E S Dutrow, Jr. R E 122 Has really exploded not the scene since being turned over to Dutrow. Yet to test the synthetic track and will get pace pressure from several in here. This colt is really talented but will be tested for class today for sure… L 5-2
6 Pulsion Smith M E Biancone Patrick L 122 Was a decent 2nd in a 4 horse photo behind Lucky last out. This horse has always struck me as a late bloomer. If the speed folds, he could be in the number at a long price… L 20-1
7 Vale of York (IRE) Ajtebi A bin Suroor Saeed 122 Godolphin entry has shown his appreciation for the distances but appears up against it in here… FTL 20-1
8 Eskendereya Castellano J J Pletcher Todd A 122 Was an impressive winner in an off the turf Stakes last out against only 4 rivals. Well bred colt may need more seasoning in here…. L 10
9 Aikenite Garcia Alan Pletcher Todd A 122 This colt looked good in his preparation for this and got pushed really wide in his last effort. I'm not a huge fan of Pletcher but I think this colt has been prepped to the minute for this… L 8
10 Aspire Leparoux J R Kenneally Eddie 122 Has really done nothing wrong so far. His off the pace style should be suited well in here and his connections are good. Looks ready to take a step forward if he handles the synthetic… L 20-1
11 Radiohead (GB) Dwyer M J Meehan Brian 122 Has been the Euro-BUZZ horse all week. His connections really believe he is better suited to the synthetic. Has yet to test two turns either but appears capable of it. Not sure what to think… FTL 15-1
12 William's Kitten Dominguez R A Maker Michael J 122 Definitely seems a cut below these at best…Pass… L 30-1
13 Lookin At Lucky Gomez G K Baffert Bob 122 Here is your hometown stud so far but his post is definitely not going to help anything. He has appeared as a man against boys so far and may be able to overcome all obstacles in his way. Better hope that the beast from the east does not like synthetic… L 8-5
selections 9-13-6-11-10 The Play: #9 is one of my better plays of the day on Saturday. I am wheeling him on top of the field for an exacta, betting him to win and place and keying him in my pick 3's…use all the other numbers I mentioned in saver pick 3's

Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* Pick 3 (Races 5-6-7) / Daily Double*

6th (1:28)
TVG Breeders' Cup Mile*(G1)
1 Mile (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up*Stakes | Purse: $2,000,000
1 Court Vision Albarado R J Dutrow, Jr. R E 126 This horse may finally be himself after surgery to remove an undescended testicle. Out of all the horses from the east coast, he has looked the best in the mornings. His connections think he can win here and so do I. L 12
2 Whatsthescript (IRE) Desormeaux K J Sadler John W 126 IS not the same horse he was last year when running 3rd in here. He has not won in quite some time but is still worth considering in the lower parts of the tri and super. L 15-1
3 Cowboy Cal Velazquez J R Pletcher Todd A 126 Another who has look great in the mornings. His stamina and class will be fully tested against this world class group. L 6
4 Delegator (GB) Dettori L bin Suroor Saeed 123 Comes into this race highly rated in Europe. I feel like he is an underlay at his low morning line odds. FTL 3
5 Karelian Maragh R Arnold George R II 126 Not sure that this one stacks up class wise versus these. His closing kick will be negated by his lack of class. L 20-1
6 Courageous Cat Gomez G K Mott William I 123 Interesting that Mott feels like this one is ready to compete here. His breeding is great but this horse was a maiden earlier in the year… Not for me!!! L 20-1
7 Ferneley (IRE) Bejarano R Cecil B D A 126 Has always been somewhat of an overachiever and finally showed his heart with a 2nd in Canada. He figures for a good trip but doubtful he can be around in the end!!! L 20-1
8 Zacinto (GB) Moore R L Stoute Sir Michael 123 Here we have a good horse from a great barn. Not much has been said about his chances here but I would consider him for undercard material and a small shot at a win. 8
9 Gladiatorus Ajtebi A bin Suroor Saeed 126 Is rounding back into form after a dismal summer campaign in Europe. Reportedly, this horse is 6 for 6 on the two turn left-handed courses. You know he will be placed out front, so catch him if you can. FTL 20-1
10 Justenuffhumor Garcia Alan McLaughlin Kiaran P 126 Was definitely compromised by the going in his last race to completely throw out… Before that one, his record was very impressive. His turn of foot is as good as I have seen this year, so don’t just dismiss. L 10
11 Goldikova (IRE) Peslier O Head Freddie 123 Here is the defending champion. Her last race was under her best but there were reasons for that. Her post position is a major drawback for a filly that likes to be forwardly placed. If she can get position from out there then watch her outkick these in the lane. FTL 8-5
Selections 1-10-11-9 The Play: This race is loaded with value if you can beat #11. I'm going to go with a strong win/place on #1 and an exacta box of my top 4 selections. Use all four in multi-race wagers!!
Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* Pick 3 (Races 6-7-8) / Daily Double / Pick 4 (Races 6-7-8-9)*

7th (2:12)
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile*(G1)
1 Mile (All Weather Track) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up*Stakes | Purse: $1,000,000
1 Mastercraftsman (IRE) Murtagh J P O'Brien Aidan P 123 Totally outclasses his competition here and already showed he can handle the surface with this facile win over inferior competition. Look for this guy to be one of the shortest priced favorites on the day… 6-5
2 Furthest Land Leparoux J R Maker Michael J 126 is a grizzle vet that actually has performed well on the synthetics. He may be outclassed against this bunch. L 20-1
3 Midshipman Gomez G K bin Suroor Saeed 123 Is back on the surface where he won the Juvy last year but that was a long time ago. His training in the morning has been questioned by the experts and he tends to get out in the stretch.. Chinks in his armor!! L 6
4 Bullsbay Rose J Motion H Graham 126 Was sent out of Cali to get away from the synthetics but shows up here again to try the BC. His form is below average on synthetics and he is way under laid at his morning line… L 3
5 Neko Bay Smith M E Shirreffs John 126 Came off the layoff in impressive style but that may be all he has got. His potential to improve as a 6 you seems limited. I expect him to do well here if the top choice fails. Home track advantage in his corner. L 20-1
6 Mambo Meister Cruz M R Gleaves Philip A 126 Impressively won at Calder last time but not too many successful preps have been run there. An underneath factor for those who like longshots. L 30-1
7 Pyro Velazquez J R bin Suroor Saeed 126 Has never shown his true potential on the synthetics. He is however in good form. He will take betting action on his reputation but seems like a bet against on this track. L 10
8 Mr. Sidney Desormeaux K J Mott William I 126 Crazy placement of this decent turf horse only shows you how tough his connections thought the turf races were to win. I can't see him cracking the tri. L 12
9 Chocolate Candy Rosario J Hollendorfer Jerry 123 Is an overrated sort in my opinion. His class must be in question today… L 15-1
10 Ready's Echo Borel C H Pletcher Todd A 126 Is a longshot possibility in this race. He will be strangled to the back of the field to make one run for Borel. He has won on this horse before and may do better than the morning line suggests. Include… L 20-1
Selections 1-5-10-6 The Play: I think the race is wide open only if #1 has an off day. He should romp against these types. Key him on top of exactas 1-5,6,10 and tri's 1-5,6,10-all
Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* Pick 3 (Races 7-8-9) / Daily Double / Pick 4 (Races 7-8-9-10)*

8th (2:57)
Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf*(G1)
1 1/2 Miles (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up*Stakes | Purse: $3,000,000
1 Telling Castellano J J Hobby Steve 126 Pulled a shocking upset earlier at Saratoga but he will be exposed for his class and stamina in here. L 20-1
2 Conduit (IRE) Moore R L Stoute Sir Michael 126 Is one of the Premiere turf horse in the world. He will be defending is Cup title here and looks the part in the flesh to do so. Euro's have dominated this race..We wont get the $19 win mutuel this year!!! FTL 8-5
3 Red Rocks (IRE) Leparoux J R Meehan Brian 126 Has also won this race before over a soft course. Obviously he won't get that here and seems to be only needed underneath. L 20-1
4 Allegre Velazquez J R Koriner Brian 126 Is really poorly spotted by his normally sane connections. L 50-1
5 Dar Re Mi (GB) Dettori L Gosden John H M 123 Is a filly who deserves tremendous respect for the win end in here. Her 5th in the Arc was to be commended as she was hear the pace the entire time and never quit trying until the last 20 yards. FTL 3
6 Presious Passion Trujillo E Hartmann Mary 126 Not sure how to gauge his chances to win this. He has look spectacular in the mornings lately and will get his firm course… I'm not sure what has been behind him in his wins, certainly nothing like he is facing today. Likely to be exposed for his stamina here against these world=class euro's!! L 6
7 Spanish Moon Fallon K Stoute Sir Michael 126 Interesting 2nd entrant for Sir Stoute in here. Has always been a notch below his stable mate but if he should falter, this one is a likely winner. FTL 5-2
8 Monzante Bejarano R Mitchell Mike 126 Has on occasion shown a wicked turn of foot. His form of late leaves something to be desired in here. L 30-1
Selections 2-5-7-3 The Play: Another strongly tilted in favor of the Euro's… A strong TRI Keying 23 over 2357, 2357 looks like the way to play in here…use 2-5-7 in multi-race wagers…

Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* Pick 3 (Races 8-9-10) / Daily Double*

9th (3:45)
Breeders' Cup Classic*(G1)
1 1/4 Miles (All Weather Track) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up*Stakes | Purse: $5,000,000
1 Mine That Bird Borel C H Woolley, Jr. B L 122 Has trained marginally better for this race than his has and may be rounding back into his Derby winning form but he is likely to be under laid at anything lower than 25-1 in here. L 12
2 Colonel John Gomez G K Harty Eoin 126 Has been a big disappointment in his career overall. Could not win in his last 2 vs. lesser opponents. No Thanks!!! L 12
3 Summer Bird Desormeaux K J Ice Tim A 122 Has really done nothing wrong in his career. You get the idea that this colt is still learning the game. Immensely talented 3yo has looked ok in his training for this..Hmmm??? L 9-2
4 Zenyatta Smith M E Shirreffs John 123 What can you say about a super mare like this. I know her figures are a cut below the top class in here….She has been a victim of insanely slow pace in her last few but that is not likely to happen here with most of the speed drawn to the outside.. It's always been her way to find the winner's circle.. Tough test for the big champ!!!! L 5-2
5 Twice Over (GB) Queally T P Cecil Henry 126 Is the likely value play of the race at his overlaid morning line… Master trainer knows how to get one ready to pop and his breeding and morning track work suggest he will not mind the synthetic. FTL 20-1
6 Richard's Kid Solis A Baffert Bob 126 Has worked as well as a horse can in the mornings for Baffert. His class is in question here despite being the Pacific Classic champ. Include!!! L 12
7 Gio Ponti Dominguez R A Clement Christophe 126 America's Best Turf Horse switches back to the synthetic for this, a move that took him to the winners circle over this track earlier in the year. The move to the main should tell you how much to respect to Euro's in the Turf. L 12
8 Einstein (BRZ) Leparoux J R Pitts Helen 126 Always gives his all wherever he competes at… He cannot look any better in the flesh and we know he like the surface. He is likely to be one of the forgotten horses in here. He is a grinder with a high cruising speed… L 12
9 Girolamo Garcia Alan bin Suroor Saeed 122 Is likely to be very close to the pace in here and is improving by leaps and bounds. Always well thought of by his high profile connections, it's still tough to see him as anything more than a pace factor L 20-1
10 Rip Van Winkle (IRE) Murtagh J P O'Brien Aidan P 122 Is the classiest horse in the race with an immense amount of stamina. It was reported that he was having foot troubles since his arrival on Sunday but he has always had them before… One must wonder if the synthetic track might sting his feet more than turf... It's a huge question??? 7-2
11 Regal Ransom Migliore R bin Suroor Saeed 122 Successful in the Super Derby but he seems only a pace factor in here… L 20-1
12 Quality Road Velazquez J R Pletcher Todd A 122 I was in love with this guy on the Derby trail and thought he would win last out vs. Summer Bird. I do think he is a horse that is not at his best on the sloppy track he raced on last out and he has a right to move forward here for Pletch… if that’s the case, I think his chances are good in here. L 12
13 Awesome Gem Flores D R Dollase Craig 126 Won the Haw Gold Cup but that was against much lesser foes than this…no thanks!!! L 30-1
Selections 12-3-5-4-10-6 The Play. I was once bullish on the chances of Rip Van Winkle to Outclass and have more foundation than the Americans but the foot trouble reports are troubling for me. I love the Chance for Quality Road to redeem himself at a sweet price in here… I will use him on top and bottom of exactas with 3,4,5,6,7,8,10. A great betting race for sure I'm sure a win/place bet on #12 is warranted too. For a longshot try the other Euro #5 is with a wheel on top of the field in exactas...Have fun and Good LUCK!!!!

Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta* SuperHi5 / Daily Double