Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

fn panthers are turning into ***** cat dolls..
Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

so, how many of you guys can do this?:

120424_Caps_ss_full.jpg
Old 04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

one question answered...rangers vs caps.

so, who plays philly?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

panthers are done..
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
math, is there an issue with the lighting in that arena? seems to always be dark in there.
Asking the wrong guy, maybe it was just the feed you were watching. Or maybe I'm just use to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
panthers are done..
They did it again. They were seemed to be getting dominated, but here we are in ot.

As a hockey can I want to see the Devs win cause I want to see them play the Flyers. As a Rangers fan I want to see the Cats win cause I hate the whole Devils f.uckin organization.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Flemington

Devs are through. That should be a great series against the Flyers.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

The lighting always looks off at MSG, to confirm what Danzig was saying.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
The lighting always looks off at MSG, to confirm what Danzig was saying.
I think the camera positions are further back and that is why the lighting seems dim. The new arenas are more TV friendly and have better(closer) camera positions.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Joe Louis is a contemporary of MSG, and they don't seem to have the same problems. Cameras do, however, always miss action along the boards when fans are standing.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I think the camera positions are further back and that is why the lighting seems dim. The new arenas are more TV friendly and have better(closer) camera positions.
yeah, but there's shadows on the ice-just looks gloomy in there. i've even heard an announcer make the comment that you can hide in some spots on the ice! lol i'm sure he's exaggerating...

and slot, there are times i want to go smack a cameraman...they don't seem to follow the puck at times, and it drives me loony. i'm yelling 'it's over there'. yeah, they can't hear me.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Joe Louis is a contemporary of MSG, and they don't seem to have the same problems. Cameras do, however, always miss action along the boards when fans are standing.
Joe Louis was built for hockey and opened for in 1979. MSG opened in 1969 and was built for basketball and hockey amongst other things, big difference.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say arena construction changed a lot less betwixt 1969 and 1979 and 1979 and, say, the 2000's when most NHL arenas were constructed.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Joe Louis was built for hockey and opened for in 1979. MSG opened in 1969 and was built for basketball and hockey amongst other things, big difference.
Dating myself here, but when I was a kid and we got cable for the first time, we got a lot of the Rangers games and I used to think it was the brightest arena I had seen on TV.

Looking back on it, the reason it seemed bright is because I was used to watching games from Olympia Stadium. That, was some dark TV watching.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Dee Tee Stables

anyone watch phx/nash last night? i saw that some think nashville is the team to beat in the west (i'd say st louis is) so that didn't get them off to a great start.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
anyone watch phx/nash last night? i saw that some think nashville is the team to beat in the west (i'd say st louis is) so that didn't get them off to a great start.
Watched into the 3rd period. Game started out pretty tentatively, but picked up steam throughout. As a closet Coyotes fan I'm not sure how they are doing it, but they are finding ways to win...that and Mike Smith playing out of his mind.. I thought Rinne wasn't particularly sharp last night. That being said, I still think Nashville is the team to beat the rest of the way. (With apologies to St. Louis, but none to the Rangers)

Last edited by pgiaco : 04-28-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Dee Tee Stables

listened to it early. radio is better than nothing, but there's no way to really know how things are going. watched more, but bedtime called. thanks for the reply.
anxiously awaiting 2 pm.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
listened to it early. radio is better than nothing, but there's no way to really know how things are going. watched more, but bedtime called. thanks for the reply.
anxiously awaiting 2 pm.
As much as I want to see the Caps bounce the Rangers, it will be VERY hard to root for Dale Hunter (for ruining the one good Islander team of the '90s). I tend to hold on to grudges...but if he did find a way to win this series I might start to forgive him.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiaco View Post
As much as I want to see the Caps bounce the Rangers, it will be VERY hard to root for Dale Hunter (for ruining the one good Islander team of the '90s). I tend to hold on to grudges...but if he did find a way to win this series I might start to forgive him.
i was never a big hunter fan; i'm ambivalent about him as coach. but i want that cup!! tortorella could be coaching the caps and i'd root for them!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

darn. shots keep pinging off the post.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM

Would have been nice to have the Predators play like this against the Wings...