Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Saratoga

Default Wristbands

BH...

Eight Belles Wristbands Benefit Rescue
by Claire Novak

Updated: May 8, 2008

Six days after Eight Belles' heart-wrenching breakdown in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), owner Rick Porter of Fox Hill Farms approved a wristband manufactured in memory of the gallant filly, with proceeds to benefit Midlantic Horse Rescue.

According to Fox Hill spokesperson Victoria Keith, the idea was inspired by the fans who frequent Porter's Rockport Harbor website and forums.

"These past couple of days we've been knocked to the ground, and we're just getting back up and thinking of things to do," Keith said. "Whatever happened to Eight Belles, there's nowhere we can direct money that could bring her back. But we hope that some of the excelent charities in the racing industry will benefit from her legacy in some way. We've told people it's a wonderful gesture to want to donate funds in her name, and wherever is in their heart to donate will be a perfect place.

"At the Rockport Harbor website, we've raised money for Midlantic to rescue Thoroughbreds before, so that organization seemed like a logical recipient for the funds from these wristbands."

The wristbands, sold for $5.00, will be made of red silicone and embossed with Eight Belles' name. With proceeds from the sales, the Maryland-based non-profit will rescue one or more Thoroughbreds in honor of the filly.

Checks or money orders should be made to Midatlantic Horse Rescue, and mailed to Fox Hill Farm, P.O. Box 24255, Lexington, KY 40524.

Fox Hill Farm will pay packaging and postage on all orders.

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/article/45109.htm
Old 05-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Thistley Downs

This is so bad.

I did not know what had happened until about 5-10 minutes later. I only listened to the race on the radio and after hearing she was second I was still very happy and proceeded to gloat.

Then,upon finding out, I realized I looked like the biggest jackazz on the face of the Earth----of all time.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
This is so bad.

I did not know what had happened until about 5-10 minutes later. I only listened to the race on the radio and after hearing she was second I was still very happy and proceeded to gloat.

Then,upon finding out, I realized I looked like the biggest jackazz on the face of the Earth----of all time.

its ok avery, we know you arent cruel like that. shoot if you just listened to the race, nobody would expect you to just assume she died 5 mins after the race.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Thistley Downs

Well now I don't know when I knew. it. I was on another site( won't say the name so as not to embarrass them) and was bragging quite profusely and calling people names. I read a thread where several where talking about other races at other tracks and noticed one mentioned about a horse going down like it had heart attack...just skimming --never put it together with the KD.

I kept checking the i-net for a race replay and eventually that's how I found out it was EightBelles.

I was wondering why no one said anything to me there and here.

Honest....wouldn't kid about it.