Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Randwyck

Default Think twice shopping at BEST BUY

If you didn't know it already, you might be interested in this since it's getting close to Christmas......

This is not my experience - it's someone else's backed up as legit by snopes.com.

I've not had good experience shopping at Best Buy. One time I asked a store employee in the CD section where I could find Nat King Cole CD's.

He said, "Who?"

I responded, "Natalie Cole's father?"

Moron responds, "I didn't know Natalie Cole's father was a singer, too."

I couldn't handle the stupidity any longer - I just left the store and bought on-line from Amazon.

BEST BUY

If you purchase something from Wal-Mart, Sears, etc. And you return the item with the receipt, they will give you your money back if you paid cash, or credit your account if paid by plastic.

Well, I purchased a GPS for my car: a Tom Tom XL.S from 'Best Buy'.
They have a policy that it must be returned within 14 days for a refund!

So after 4 days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box, with paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as I received it, including the receipt.

I explained to the lady at the return desk I did not like the way it couldn't find store names. The lady at the refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee, for items returned. I said no one told me that. I asked how much would that be. She said it goes by the price of the item. It will be $45 for you.
I said, all you're going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge me $45 of my money for restocking? She said that's the store policy.
I said if more people were aware of it they would not buy anything here! If I bought a $2000 computer or TV and returned it I would be charged $300 restock fee? She said yes. 15%.

I said OK, just give me my money minus the restock fee.

She said, since the item is over $200 dollars, she can't give me my money back!

Corporate has to and they will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.! I said 'WHAT?' It's my money! I paid in cash! I want to buy a different brand..
Now I have to wait 7 to 10 days. She said well, our policy is on the back of your receipt.

I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said well, the front! I said so do I. I want to talk to the Manager!

So the manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said, well, sir they should have told you about the policy when you got the item. I said, no one has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee when I bought items from computers to TVs from Best Buy. The only thing they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program.
He said, well, I can give you corporate phone number.

I called corporate. The guy said, well, I'm not supposed to do this but I can give you a 45 dollar gift card and you can use it at Best Buy.

I told him if I bought something and returned it, you would charge me a restock fee on the item and then send me a check for the remaining 3 dollars. You can keep your gift card, I'm never shopping in Best Buy ever again, and if I'd been smart, I would have charged the whole thing on my credit card! Then I would have canceled the transaction.

I would have gotten all my money back including your stupid fees! He didn't say a word!

I informed him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a heads-up on the store's policy, as they don't tell you about all the little caveats.

So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad experience of shopping at Best Buy

It's true! Read it for yourself!!
Best Buys return policy

CHECK ON----- http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/restock.asp

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 11-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Hialeah Park

PD it hasn't been easy for you since we moved the clocks back has it ?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 PM
The Curragh

Sounds like you got spiffed.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Goodwood

Yeah, Best Buy sucks.

The few times I've gone in in the last decade, I end up spending my time educating the sales people on stupid stuff they should have known since grade school.

And if you ever buy a computer from them, or any big box store, you need your freakin head examined.

If you ever buy a Dell or HP, you should be committed.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
PD it hasn't been easy for you since we moved the clocks back has it ?

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 11-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Hialeah Park

LOL...but please don't confuse me with another

I've got two words for you

Cost Co
Old 11-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Randwyck

Costco has cooties. Yuk!

Yeah, I did get you confused - now there's two sheep in wolf's clothing.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Hialeah Park

Yeah I wasn't feeling like myself - there that is better !!!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Randwyck

I no like woofies either.