Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Longchamps

One thing I can see after watching both games...going to be fun series to watch
Old 05-20-2015, 05:24 AM
Hialeah Park

Made it through second OT of epic Hawks-Ducks Game 2 and was glad to look at score 4 hrs of sleep later...Both charters haven't even landed in Chicago yet and puck drop just 36 hrs way. Hawks core 4 man D rotation was an issue even before Keith, Seabrook, etc played 50-60 minutes last night this morning. Guess that 9 day layoff between series wasn't such a bad thing after all..

* Actual D Line minutes:

Duncan Keith played 49:51, Brent Seabrook 47:56 and Niklas Hjalmarsson 47:35, while Kyle Cumiskey and Kimmo Timonen played a combined 35:19.

Last edited by GBBob : 05-20-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Made it through second OT of epic Hawks-Ducks Game 2 and was glad to look at score 4 hrs of sleep later...Both charters haven't even landed in Chicago yet and puck drop just 36 hrs way. Hawks core 4 man D rotation was an issue even before Keith, Seabrook, etc played 50-60 minutes last night this morning. Guess that 9 day layoff between series wasn't such a bad thing after all..

* Actual D Line minutes:

Duncan Keith played 49:51, Brent Seabrook 47:56 and Niklas Hjalmarsson 47:35, while Kyle Cumiskey and Kimmo Timonen played a combined 35:19.
Well if they would allow soccer moves in Hockey then they could had save 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bisGLo_mFGs
Old 05-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Well if they would allow soccer moves in Hockey then they could had save 20 minutes.

That header was great! Never new that was against the rules.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 AM
The Curragh

Quote:

* Actual D Line minutes:

why they traded for a 40 something who logs the least amount of minutes on the back line and they don't even trust him to play in the clutch.......is beyond me.

old man looks lost out there

-bt-
Old 05-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
why they traded for a 40 something who logs the least amount of minutes on the back line and they don't even trust him to play in the clutch.......is beyond me.

-bt-
I like the story of him coming back from, literally, almost the dead but I don't know how Q can give him any real minutes. Cost them a goal when he made a bad pinch and is just getting rocked out there because he can't avoid anyone. Cumiskey has Cup experience and fresh legs so hopefully he can start logging some real minutes.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post

Great Andrew Shaw quote ( paraphrased) from the Hawk's convention this past Summer:

Q: How have you avoided a history of concussions given your physical play?

A: Doesn't your brain have to bounce off your skull or something...I don't think I have a brain so that's why...
Old 05-20-2015, 11:31 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I like the story of him coming back from, literally, almost the dead but I don't know how Q can give him any real minutes. Cost them a goal when he made a bad pinch and is just getting rocked out there because he can't avoid anyone. Cumiskey has Cup experience and fresh legs so hopefully he can start logging some real minutes.
so that makes 5.5 defensemen

-bt-
Old 05-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

-bt-
Because they hoped to give him one last chance to win the cup. Hes done this year no matter what
Old 05-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
so that makes 5.5 defensemen

-bt-
Old 05-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
Because they hoped to give him one last chance to win the cup. Hes done this year no matter what
The Blackhawks have no loyalty to him, he never played for the organization,GM, coach etc....The Blackhawks were hoping that he could come back to about 70-80% because then he would be a functional 5th-6th defenseman. The Flyers didn't clear him from blood clots till about a week before the trade dead line so that he couldn't be scouted in game situations. The Hawks took a leap of faith because he was coming off of a very solid year where he was a plus player averaging 20 min. a game. It hasn't worked out to the degree they had hoped but it was certainly worth a try.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
The Blackhawks have no loyalty to him, he never played for the organization,GM, coach etc....The Blackhawks were hoping that he could come back to about 70-80% because then he would be a functional 5th-6th defenseman. The Flyers didn't clear him from blood clots till about a week before the trade dead line so that he couldn't be scouted in game situations. The Hawks took a leap of faith because he was coming off of a very solid year where he was a plus player averaging 20 min. a game. It hasn't worked out to the degree they had hoped but it was certainly worth a try.
I understand there's no loyalty, et, etc.
there doesn't have to be. it's a fairly free tryout and he retires at the end of this season no matter what.

and babcock to Toronto after all. why would you give up one cold city to go to another? I'd have gone to san jose in a minute!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Taking nothing at all away from either, Ben Bishop has been standing on his head through both of rounds for Tampa.

The Rangers have no answer for Tampa's speed, and have been owned in the 3 games they have faced each other this season, with Hank looking completely lost, giving up 15 goals in those 3 games.

I'm thrilled they prevailed, as Ovechkin is simply inhuman, and the Capitals are much bigger and physical. As a Lightning fan, the last team I wanted to see was the Capitals.
Quote:
How exactly does having 2 fast skaters answer the fact that this team couldn't shut down Tampa all season, regardless of what point in time that may have been?

Saying that you "have fast skaters too" as an answer as to you are going to control Tampa's speed is laughable. The Lightning were down 3 starting defense at most points during that stretch, and still managed to keep the Rangers impotent.

Good Luck Joey, ought to be an enjoyable series
Quote:
The best thing they can do is forget this game ever happened - there was nothing to take away from it, other than you can simply NOT take penalties against Tampa - they will make you pay...Surprised they didn't learn that from the Habs series.
I agree, Tom - I expect a huge effort from them as well in Tampa. Gut check time for both teams. Tampa tends to play a little too loose early in the game following a big win, NYR needs to come out blazing and not let up. 0-0 at the start of the 2nd period will spell big trouble.
These posts are, dare I say, almost prophetic by the way
Old 05-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Start Talbot
Old 05-21-2015, 07:45 AM
Keeneland

Is cross checking not a penalty anymore? Or just in the TB-NY series?
Old 05-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Start Talbot
I'd say Hank is on a short leash - Don't know if they'll start Talbot, but I would not be shocked to see him put in if the Rangers fall behind Friday night. Lundqvist's confidence is shot, and that's the worst possible thing to happen to a goalie, particularly at this point of the series.

Bishop was clearly not himself either- the first goal from Brassard he never even saw coming. Need to hope that was just an aberration and not an injury of some sort.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:51 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Bishop was clearly not himself either- the first goal from Brassard he never even saw coming.
Hard to see thru a human body unless you're an x-ray machine.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:21 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Start Talbot
and there it is......3 games into the EC finals, and you want to pull, what you said was, "the best goalie in the world"

not sure if it's a new york thing or what, but as soon as a guy slumps ya'll are the first to throw dirt on him.

truth be told, the rangers CAN'T afford to start Talbot. You start Talbot, you send a message to your all world goalie he can be replaced, and if that's the case he's gonna want to be traded. This isn't like the flower in Pitt, he sucked and had to be pulled, but Vokum is no Talbott, Talbott is capable of a starting job on this team or more then half the other teams in the league.

truth be told, i watched half the game, and i noticed a lot of odd man rushes going into the NY zone, can't blame everything on hank, his defense hasn't exactly stood tall

-bt-

Last edited by -BT- : 05-21-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
and there it is......3 games into the EC finals, and you want to pull, what you said was, "the best goalie in the world"

not sure if it's a new york thing or what, but as soon as a guy slumps ya'll are the first to throw dirt on him.

truth be told, the rangers CAN'T afford to start Talbot. You start Talbot, you send a message to your all world goalie he can be replaced, and if that's the case he's gonna want to be traded. This isn't like the flower in Pitt, he sucked and had to be pulled, but Vokum is no Talbott, Talbott is capable of a starting job on this team or more then half the other teams in the league.

truth be told i watch the half the game, and i noticed a lot of odd man rushes going into the NY zone, can't blame everything on hank, his defense hasn't exactly stood tall

-bt-
I agree with most of this. There are some exceptionally fast talented forwards in this series and both teams have a few weak link links on D. Match-ups are going to be key. The need to keep Girardi and McDonagh against the triplets and keep Yandle who is just awful defensively away from them. On the other side you want your best players going at Carle and especially Coburn.

I know Nash is playing OK but you need your best players to score goals in the playoffs. Like I said earlier the Rangers are going to need 4-5 goals a night to win this series, I'm not sure they can get them without Nash leading the way.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Flemington

I thought Hank was shaky all night. He did a bad job on the clear on the first goal and obviously the last goal was a disaster. Everything in the middle really wasn't his fault. Starting Cam isnt even a thought that's crossed my mind. This is Hank's team and if it wasn't for him, they'd be on the golf course already.

People killing Nash for last night have no clue. The 5 goals they scored was not the problem, the 6 that they gave up were.

I honestly think that game yesterday, became a must win for the Rangers when they sent it to OT. They haven't scored all playoffs, they net 5 and still lose. That's devastating. But they have scrapped and clawed all season. I still have faith in this team, but they better batten down the hatches and recommit to that defensive system that they've played all season. Can't keep giving a team as good as Tampa, these prime scoring opportunities