Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-27-2007, 03:52 AM
The Curragh

I'm not part of this but I heard something about a tee pee?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:53 AM
The Curragh

A few thoughts after taking a look at the TG sheets:

This appears to be a very evenly matched race, with at least 7 of the horses all within a point or two of the same range (TG 14), as well as some of the ae's.

KNS's top of 12 on the turf is 2nd fastest coming in (only Privacy's 11.5 is faster, but it was isolated). Dini's Show Me Baby has faster #'s on dirt and poly, but her 2 turf races were not that good.
KNS shows a very solid pattern of races between 12 and 15, now gets the freshening, runs 2nd time lasix, adds blinkers as well as Simon racing (obviously). All she needs to do is improve a few points, and she looks strong. Even if she just runs back to her previous #'s, she still fits well with these.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
A few thoughts after taking a look at the TG sheets:

This appears to be a very evenly matched race, with at least 7 of the horses all within a point or two of the same range (TG 14), as well as some of the ae's.

KNS's top of 12 on the turf is 2nd fastest coming in (only Privacy's 11.5 is faster, but it was isolated). Dini's Show Me Baby has faster #'s on dirt and poly, but her 2 turf races were not that good.
KNS shows a very solid pattern of races between 12 and 15, now gets the freshening, runs 2nd time lasix, adds blinkers as well as Simon racing (obviously). All she needs to do is improve a few points, and she looks strong. Even if she just runs back to her previous #'s, she still fits well with these.

I agree with you. I just have a question about 2nd time lasix. If a horse doesn't race for 40+ days does getting lasix again still count as a 2nd time. I do take note when it is within a few weeks. I just don't know.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Les Bois

Default Deetee with Brisnet

Deetee, as one word without the capitalized T on Brisnet past performances.

Trundleon
Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
I agree with you. I just have a question about 2nd time lasix. If a horse doesn't race for 40+ days does getting lasix again still count as a 2nd time. I do take note when it is within a few weeks. I just don't know.
Maybe I am missing out on a great handicapping angle, but 2nd time lasix is not ever a consideration for me. Didn't even notice she was 2nd time lasix until I read your post.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Cahokia Downs

Default Tampa 12/28

Good Luck to all the DTers and KNS partners. I will have to catch it on satellite or at the luxurious Hazel Park raceway.

Quick look at the race has me wondering about pace. Danica and Show me may have the lead to themselves.

Enjoy the races and the DT party.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Churchill Downs

Wish I was going to be with the other partners tomorrow in sunny Fla. Good luck to the big girl, team Simon & SB, and all the other DT supporters. I'll be cheering her on from NJ !
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:19 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
This is the way I look at it, sort of: when a horse bleeds at a certain point in a race, the next time out gets Lasix and doesn't bleed at that same point, they keep running, thus improving. However, if the bleeding incident was memorable to the horse, he or she may still slow down at the same point in the next race, despite not bleeding. Which means the 2nd time they run with lasix and don't bleed, they may improve, when they didn't do it the first time. I know I have read this explanation somewhere before, I didn't make it up, I just don't remember where.
Hope this helps, or maybe not

I forgot the point of all this: KNS went back 2 points when getting first Lasix in her last start.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Fairgrounds

Second time lasix can definitely be a help to a horse. However, what is really going to move this horse up is the change of trainers. Just go back and look at the before and after pictures on this site to see how our horse has thrived. As much as she looks like she fits on paper, this is going to be a totally different horse tomorrow compared to what is in her PPs.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Paul
Old 12-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Arlington Park

safe travels everyone! we have to sit this one out but will be at an otb.
GOOD LUCK KNS ! CS and crew.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I forgot the point of all this: KNS went back 2 points when getting first Lasix in her last start.
that move back really isn't a move back because of the surface switch. Analyzing her TG sheet is pretty simple if you ask me. You have a horse that was a great purchase for 20k given that she has barely improved for a trainer that hasn't done alot. KNS is a turf router, and she finally got to do that at Churchill, which was her top, and then sent to River to break her maiden. She has alot of room for improve, which you dont find in 20k claimers very often. That improvement is up to the horse, because the crew is doing all they can to get her ready to go. With a good performance tomorrow, she will fit amazingly into the condition books of places like Churchill and Arlington where they run many high level claimers on the lawn.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Goodluck

Really looking forward to her race - I am hoping that no one else notices her incredible physical improvement even before she runs - this is a claiming race and I'd love to see her run safely, get to the wire first and return to the competent care of Chuck and crew.

Is there a way you can make her look crappy for the post parade? How about wraps, make people think something is wrong with her legs? I know it is a big move up but she looks like a million bucks now...
Old 12-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Is there a way you can make her look crappy for the post parade? How about wraps, make people think something is wrong with her legs? I know it is a big move up but she looks like a million bucks now...
Bet she'll look like two million after Socks turns her out on race day - and with her deep coat color, she'll be drop-dead gorgeous in the Dee Tee silks colors

Good luck to all the KNS owners, sounds like the Tampa crew is planning on a great time for everyone, will be cheering from home! Bring back lots of pictures, and hope there's even a professional photo we'll be able to buy
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumtaz
Bet she'll look like two million after Socks turns her out on race day - and with her deep coat color, she'll be drop-dead gorgeous in the Dee Tee silks colors

Good luck to all the KNS owners, sounds like the Tampa crew is planning on a great time for everyone, will be cheering from home! Bring back lots of pictures, and hope there's even a professional photo we'll be able to buy
what is with the name change?
Old 12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
what is with the name change?
Separating out personal and professional stuff between computers, going to use different ISP and e-mails for each, so created new dog and horse list signons and as you can't have duplicate identities on e-mail lists the old is gone. In retrospect there were far easier ways to do this

The real Riot is alive and well, he's on the right

"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
that move back really isn't a move back because of the surface switch. Analyzing her TG sheet is pretty simple if you ask me. You have a horse that was a great purchase for 20k given that she has barely improved for a trainer that hasn't done alot. KNS is a turf router, and she finally got to do that at Churchill, which was her top, and then sent to River to break her maiden. She has alot of room for improve, which you dont find in 20k claimers very often. That improvement is up to the horse, because the crew is doing all they can to get her ready to go. With a good performance tomorrow, she will fit amazingly into the condition books of places like Churchill and Arlington where they run many high level claimers on the lawn.
This was more of a general point than specific to KNS. I kind of rushed my previous post regarding 2nd lasix. To me, if a horse jumps up 1st Lasix, I would be a bit wary of him next time, and if a horse does not improve 1st Lasix, I would leave open the possibility that he will improve 2nd Lasix. Not stone cold rules, just general ideas to add to the check-list of handicapping principles.

I agree with you about KNS, and I find it very interesting how her previous figs, even for the other trainer, fit so well here with the $50,000 claimers (which is one of the reasons why this was a sharp purchase).
Old 12-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
This was more of a general point than specific to KNS. I kind of rushed my previous post regarding 2nd lasix. To me, if a horse jumps up 1st Lasix, I would be a bit wary of him next time, and if a horse does not improve 1st Lasix, I would leave open the possibility that he will improve 2nd Lasix. Not stone cold rules, just general ideas to add to the check-list of handicapping principles.

I agree with you about KNS, and I find it very interesting how her previous figs, even for the other trainer, fit so well here with the $50,000 claimers (which is one of the reasons why this was a sharp purchase).
The only handicapping principle that is set in stone is not to bet Laviolette.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Newmarket

Headed to East Galway tomorrow to watch the race at the Village Pizzeria on route 29 with partners Ralph, Howie and the owner of the restaurant who has owned some pretty thoroughbreds in the past. I'll get more info on that tomorrow. Hopefully things will go well with a safe trip and just maybe winning photo!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Sunshine Park

Okay everyone we are all excited, Alex our son also has a share with Lori Ateam stupid and scott etc... we will all be there in spirt off to St <Marteen's Sunday am at 7.05 am!!! Ha[ppy New Year to all an looking forward to the next gathering perhaps Aldebutante's debut??? Au revoir et Bonne annee
Old 12-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Flemington

Race Day! Many thanks to Steve, Chuck and crew for making this possible. Here's to a great day in Tampa for all those in attendance. Hope to see some smiling DTers in the winners circle! As for me, I'll be sporting Dee Tee colors at the local OTB for an extended lunch break. Go get em girl!, come home safe!