Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Satan's Twin, there are times that I wish we had supernatural powers like depicted on TV and in the movies, sure would come in handy. Seriously though, I have read the grand jury's report and yes...it made me sick. While it contains plenty of details regarding Sandusky's sick behavior, it really doesn't address what McCreary actually told Paterno and I admit we may never know. But I have a hard time believing a coward like McCreary went into the graphic detail that he expressed to the grand jury when talking to Paterno. Perhaps he did, and perhaps Paterno watered it down from there but if I've learned anything in my life it's that leopards don't change their spots...we know what kind of a man McCreary is from his own admission...he's a coward who ran away from a helpless child being brutalized. Paterno in 60 plus years always conducted himself with integrity and insisted on a clean program...did he do a complete about face in this case? Not saying he didn't but I sure would like to see some indication that he did if so. I agree that given the time span and prior reports that Sandusky was a pervert, it's fair to ask how Paterno didn't know, and it's even more troubling that Sandusky remained on campus right under Paterno's nose after this incident...these are valid questions but I'm not sure we know the answers. In any event, it's all moot now, PSU took the action they did and Paterno is out.....and I'm fresh out of chicken legs and newt eyes so I can't bring a plague down on anyone!
I would wait until all the FACTS come out. Just becuase you haven't been caught doesn't mean you are clean.

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Coach Pants

http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-.../dp/1582613575
Old 11-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post

http://www.bob-owens.com/2011/11/are...on-amazon-com/
Old 11-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Oh by the way...do the world a favor and try to put me there:

7027 North Aurora Road,BainbridgeTownship,Ohio.

Let's see if you can back up your words.

I don't think ya got the guts.

(Believe me, if he comes it will be with the cowards gun or car bomb.)
You should send that down the road to the Home Depot Distribution Center in Solon 5 miles away. All the employees there are Steelers fan but 1.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Saratoga

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ast_week110711

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post

7027 North Aurora Road,BainbridgeTownship,Ohio.

now I know where to send the Christmas card
Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
You should send that down the road to the Home Depot Distribution Center in Solon 5 miles away. All the employees there are Steelers fan but 1.
!!

They must all die.

Associative rule.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyCat View Post
now I know where to send the Christmas card

!!!! !!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-rally-program

Former Penn State linebacker Buddy Tesner said he will be there to watch a game between two teams jostling for a Big Ten divisional title. Tesner played from 1971-75 and went on to found the Football Letterman's Club.

"I think it's a great idea to rally the troops to support the team as much as anyone else," Tesner said. "At the same time, we're being very careful to make sure that we respect and understand the families that have been affected by all this. We're not making a statement of innocence or guilt."

No, but another former Nittany Lion said he hasn't forgotten Sandusky, even as the former assistant coach stands accused of having sex with young boys.

Sam Stellatella, a three-position player in the 1950s, has donated money to Sandusky's defense and urged other former players to do the same.

"I told him he's going to need a million dollars to defend himself," the 73-year-old Stellatella said. "He called me back and said, 'What am I going to do with this money?' I said, 'Use it for your lawyer because you're going to need it.' "

Stellatella sent Sandusky $100. He wrote personal letters to other members of the 1959 Liberty Bowl team that defeated a Bear Bryant-coached Alabama team and asked they also donate. He does not know how much money was raised.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i wonder if those who sent money to sandusky for his defense are also looking into where to send money for the kids who will need therapy after the abuse they suffered...
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Santa Anita

I apologize to all for my coments earlier in the thread. Not really, but they really upset some people for some reason. I spent more time at that place than anyone who posts here. Perhaps someone else has admitted they are actually an alum of the place, but not sure. I got suckered into the myth like most Penn State people did. I do not like the place being called a cess pool and I did not like the demonization of some perhaps misguided teenagers, that is what I was reacting to at the time. They were wrong to "riot". I'm guessing those actually flipping cars were very small in numbers. In the end the overwhelming number of students there have potential as they did 25 years ago. That is what I was defending. I defended nothing else that occurred with regard to the offenders in this situation. Every single person who posts on here can look in the mirror and the adjective "wrong" applies to every single person who posts on here at some point in your life. I felt the "wrongness" being committed by a small percentage of PSU students Wednesday night paled in comparison to other wrongs going on around the world. The students of PSU are zero percent of this story of criminal corruption at PSU. I mean zero.

for those who despise and hate me because of posts on this board, so be it. I'll go back to Cleveland sports and hibernate!!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I apologize to all for my coments earlier in the thread. Not really, but they really upset some people for some reason. I spent more time at that place than anyone who posts here. Perhaps someone else has admitted they are actually an alum of the place, but not sure. I got suckered into the myth like most Penn State people did. I do not like the place being called a cess pool and I did not like the demonization of some perhaps misguided teenagers, that is what I was reacting to at the time. They were wrong to "riot". I'm guessing those actually flipping cars were very small in numbers. In the end the overwhelming number of students there have potential as they did 25 years ago. That is what I was defending. I defended nothing else that occurred with regard to the offenders in this situation. Every single person who posts on here can look in the mirror and the adjective "wrong" applies to every single person who posts on here at some point in your life. I felt the "wrongness" being committed by a small percentage of PSU students Wednesday night paled in comparison to other wrongs going on around the world. The students of PSU are zero percent of this story of criminal corruption at PSU. I mean zero.

for those who despise and hate me because of posts on this board, so be it. I'll go back to Cleveland sports and hibernate!!

SNORT!!

!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I would wait until all the FACTS come out. Just becuase you haven't been caught doesn't mean you are clean.
I agree.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Hey Horseofcourse I bet you hope this isnt true...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sa...rk-madden.html
Nothing would surprise me at this point. I'm guessing it will come out Paterno is likely a pedophile too and was involved personally. Whatever comes out, I will stand by the zero percent of it has to do with current or past students at Penn State. None of it.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Nothing would surprise me at this point. I'm guessing it will come out Paterno is likely a pedophile too and was involved personally. Whatever comes out, I will stand by the zero percent of it has to do with current or past students at Penn State. None of it.
Sandusky played for Paterno at Penn State, starting at defensive end from 1963 to 1965

Damar Hamlin
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's twin View Post
It is absolutely incredible to read the stupid sh*t that gets posted here thread after thread, be it from the resident warlock who thinks it's premature to dismiss that criminally aiding and abetting head coach without "due process" or the PSU parent who suggests another poster is making "douchebag comments" for labeling this diaper-clad turd a criminal or others who see the student pep rallies in front of the criminal coach's home in a show of support as nothing other than "silly".

"SILLY"? Are you out of your f*cking mind? Those privileged dolts parading in front of Paterno's home don't have the balls or the brains to confront that reptile the way he should have been confronted. Holding a pep rally for 'Good Old Joe"? How about going there with torches and a noose.

First, the 28 year old twit who sees this monster raping a child in the shower runs away from the locker. What a f*cking hero. He should have bludgeoned the prick in the shower. No, he is so distraught, he calls his dad for advice, who's first concern is to call the head coach ?????????? Of course. It wouldn't dawn on you to call the police either while this was happening or THE NEXT DAY. And what, they don't have a 911 service in Pennsylvania? No problem, though. The coach will know what to do. He will call the police............or maybe not. Let's call our bosses instead. Somehow these PhD's, these administrators of higher learning, these arbiters of justice, interpret rape as "horseplay". They really had no other choice. If they would have done the right thing, they would have jeopardized the cash cow and all of its glorious athletic achievements. This gutless triumverate couldn't possibly make a more dishonorable decision in a hundred years..............unless they bury this incident and look the other way and make the rapist a "professor emeritus" and give him the keys and unfettered access to his house of horrors dungeon for the next ten years.
And one of the "tough" questions at today's news conference for the new zookeeper..........."Will Coach McCreary be on the sidelines or in the pressbox on Saturday?"..........................I've got a suggestion. How about in a jail cell with his pants around his ankles while he's tethered to the bed with a rather excited 350 lb. bull lifer behind him looking like the State of Pennsylvania just delivered his Christmas present a little early.

That piece of sh*t Paterno knew exactly who that monster on his staff was. He made him the assistant head coach. Sandusky was the heir apparent to the program. Paterno ran a program where the ranks were closed. He knew every detail about his program back in his pre-senility days. That freak on his staff didn't start diddling kids in the shower all of a sudden. Sandusky started his pedophile recruitment foundation in 1977. In 1998, the first formal complaint was filed with the police even though rumors about this bastard were raised four years earlier. Suddenly, a year later, Ol Joe had a change of heart and Sandusky was told he wouldn't be the next head coach. Probably because even an arrogant old f*ck like Paterno knows that "Head Coach/ Pedophile" doesn't look all that appealing on a business card, either to the Friends of the Program or to blue-chip recruits. Instead of handing him over on a platter to the authorities, he orchestrated his sideway advancement to professor emeritus with all the privileges and benefits. Unfortunately, this creep thought benefits included all the innocent childred he could possibly devour.

Why didn't JoPa throw this animal under the bus and drive it over him? I'm guessing in time we are going to find out that Ol' Joe was as dirty as every other football coach in America and creepy Uncle Jerry Sandusky knew every ugly detail and where every ugly skeleton was buried. Why else would a human being with a pulse allow a diseased predator to exit in his midst unless the predator could blackmail him for his indiscretions?

And all this for a football program?
So the proper response for Penn State students is a lynching of an 84 year old man? I'm pretty sure that's just as illegal as raping children in the state of Pennsyvania. The rest of your post is pretty good though and may have merit.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Sandusky played for Paterno at Penn State, starting at defensive end from 1963 to 1965
OF course you got me again, and McQueary played qb for Penn State too. You're right, students at Penn State had pretty much everything to do with it.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
We are trained to worship elites? Is this taught at Penn State? I wasn't taught this. It sounds like Nazism.

Your post reads like an "relativist" defense, but we are talking about this instance.

Announcing that anyone has a "right" to express dismay is not the point; whether it is a moral defense is the point.

What the protesting students are doing, whether they know it or not -- and shame on them if they do not understand this notion -- is defending a man who protected a pedophile. There is no way around that.

It is unfathomable to me that any human being would put their idolatry before the lives of innocent children. And those who do are wrong.

We are not talking about a coach who violated NCAA rules, or blew a .11, or had a drug problem. I could see a mass protest if that were the case.

Is pedophilia in a "gray area"?

Those who treat it as such -- and I expect 18-21 year-olds to get this -- are immoral.
Good post. I do not worhsip elites...an extremely large percentage of Americans do. A lot of people actually respected and still do, Ronald Reagan, another senile criminal bastard of similar strain as Joe Paterno. I view the misguided students worshipping Paterno as those who actually think Reagan was someone to be admired. He isn't, nor is paterno at this point. I was hopeful Paterno was just a doddering old fool hanging on for meaningless records. I was sadly wrong. I think the students currently at Penn State doing their stuff on Wednesday night holding joe vigils were simply misguided which I understand. I feel the same about people who still think Ronald REagan was a good man. He wasn't. Many people will disagree with me on that which is fine, but that is why I defended the misguided students at Penn State. Simply misguided at this time.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Longchamps

Quote:

Hey it was a Pittsburgh truck anyway. They tip those over on a normal day. In all seriousness Penn State will move forward but it will take time. It is important for us alumni to help the families best we can and insure this doesn't happen again.