Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Saratoga

Default Podcasts

I know that this has been probably addressed before, but I cannot get podcasts downloaded to my I-Phone. When I click on the link for At the Races, it tells me "There was a problem downloading 'At the Races with Steve Byk.' The URL 'http://throughbredracingradionetwork.com/stream/8132007a could not be found on the server." I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is a problem on ATR's end. Can you please advise, Steve? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Sunshine Park

hey pointman, i've been able to download the podcasts everyday with no issues at all, it seems like you might need to update something cause it looks like your downloading a podcast from august 2007??
Old 02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Steve Byk

P..

Will have KC give me the systems that seem to struggle with the format... Will get back later today.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Saratoga

Thanks Steve, I usually don't get out of work until after the show is over at 7, would love to listen to the show on way home.

Ptgiven, it is wierd, when I go to subscribe it only gives me the option of downloading the 8/15/07 show and even that won't download, but it does not allow me to access anything recent.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Sunshine Park

hey pointman, heres some things you can try.....

-try deleting your subscription to the podcast and re-subscribing
-there should be a button to update the podcast subscription
-delete the episode that its trying to download and then try updating the podcast.

good luck!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Weanling

Default Podcast

http://www.thoroughbredracingradione...udio/index.xml

Pointman,

If you go into itunes and click on the advance tab then open stream and paste the link above into the window it should work. Let me know if you have any iissues.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS Rudy

Pointman,

If you go into itunes and click on the advance tab then open stream and paste the link above into the window it should work. Let me know if you have any iissues.

Rudy, thanks for the effort. Still gives me an error message stating that there was a problem downloading and a problem with the network connectionl. Welcome to the board!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Les Bois

Default ipod archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS Rudy

Pointman,

thank you - i just used this smart suggestion to get my ipod sync'd with the show. btw, any idea why it only downloads 1 hour - and not the whole show? i would love to achieve a few showes on my ipod.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCracing
thank you - i just used this smart suggestion to get my ipod sync'd with the show. btw, any idea why it only downloads 1 hour - and not the whole show? i would love to achieve a few showes on my ipod.
DC,

Appreciate the interest! One hour blocks is easier on the internal system in terms of size of files. (And even then they can be a problem.) Also easier for archive users to use finding segments they don't want to miss.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Les Bois

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
DC,

Appreciate the interest! One hour blocks is easier on the internal system in terms of size of files. (And even then they can be a problem.) Also easier for archive users to use finding segments they don't want to miss.
thanks Steve - great show! hoping to catch a plane to see the FLA derby.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
DC,

Is Brian Pochman still a regular feature on Friday's. After listening to him on the show a few times I would look for his races in the form because he broke a race down far better than most.

I would rather have a guy take a stand...."needs to find a 5K claimer..." when reviewing an ALW race than the guys who use the old " consider using in the bottom of the exotics only".....Pochy's Picks was great!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Is Brian Pochman still a regular feature on Friday's. After listening to him on the show a few times I would look for his races in the form because he broke a race down far better than most.

I would rather have a guy take a stand...."needs to find a 5K claimer..." when reviewing an ALW race than the guys who use the old " consider using in the bottom of the exotics only".....Pochy's Picks was great!!!
Pochy is getting married, this month in fact, and asked to take a hiatus till summer as he and the wife to be were doing all the planning/work. He'll be back around July. Brian is one of the most respected and appreciated DRF capper/writers among his peers. He does the work and indeed breaks races down like few others. He can spot mis-priced horses as well as anyone I know.