Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu
That chode has six pack abs at 52 , what you got sugar loaf?

I thought I sent you that pic already...
Old 09-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Oriental Park

who is that bowie? Hes 92
Old 09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Fairgrounds

I see they did not put cushion track on the inside training track.Does this meet the CHRB requirement?Which trainers are using this track versus cushion for workouts?Something to watch maybe?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
I see they did not put cushion track on the inside training track.Does this meet the CHRB requirement?Which trainers are using this track versus cushion for workouts?Something to watch maybe?
Dont need artificial tracks on training tracks.

Vienna has used it for years.
Slow long works for him in most of his routers
Old 09-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
who is that bowie? Hes 92

Uhm that would be Billy Idol

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Oriental Park

In that case hes only 72.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Flemington

I don't understand why so many people don't understand the situation in SOCAL. There is no way we had enough horses to fill cards out here(when we had dirt.)Now ,we do have horses that can come back to race(with much less time between races etc.) You want us to just train horses on it,and still race them on dirt.Well,that's stupid,because they run their hardest in the actual races.I don't have a problem with looking for the best possible synthetic,but don't tell us to go back to dirt(we have had all those short fields etc.. enough of that useless 5 horse chalk racing.) It's about reducing breakdowns,but it's also about having enough horses to have competitive racing.I would expect the track at Anita will be problematic during this meet.That's the way it was at HWD for the Fall Meet last year.The barns are almost full at both Hwd and Anita.We got horses to run. You can't comprehend that part.We are not going back to that short field match-racing bullshit.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Oriental Park

Give it a year scud
Old 09-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I don't understand why so many people don't understand the situation in SOCAL. There is no way we had enough horses to fill cards out here(when we had dirt.)Now ,we do have horses that can come back to race(with much less time between races etc.) You want us to just train horses on it,and still race them on dirt.Well,that's stupid,because they run their hardest in the actual races.I don't have a problem with looking for the best possible synthetic,but don't tell us to go back to dirt(we have had all those short fields etc.. enough of that useless 5 horse chalk racing.) It's about reducing breakdowns,but it's also about having enough horses to have competitive racing.I would expect the track at Anita will be problematic during this meet.That's the way it was at HWD for the Fall Meet last year.The barns are almost full at both Hwd and Anita.We got horses to run. You can't comprehend that part.We are not going back to that short field match-racing bullshit.
I agree.

Check out Saturdays card at SA. There are 113 horses(not including the AE's) in 10 races. Only the Oak Tree has small field of 6 and it has 3 very good mares in Nashobas Key, Citronade and Black Mamba.

Now if DM could scrape off the poly and put down a cushion you would have this year round.

By the way Todays card had 84 going in 8 races----over 10 average
Fridays card has 69 in 8 races----over 8.5
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Keeneland

One thing I noticed watching the SA races was that the track had harrow marks in it. Is anybody at the meet? Are they working the surface between races? I ask, as that is different than what they do with the artificial surface at KEE (essentially leave it alone, they pick up manure between races).
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiman
I agree.

Check out Saturdays card at SA. There are 113 horses(not including the AE's) in 10 races. Only the Oak Tree has small field of 6 and it has 3 very good mares in Nashobas Key, Citronade and Black Mamba.

Now if DM could scrape off the poly and put down a cushion you would have this year round.

By the way Todays card had 84 going in 8 races----over 10 average
Fridays card has 69 in 8 races----over 8.5

Yeah,and for all the praise that the New York "DIRT" racing gets,the thing that bails them out is that they breed all those cheap New York breds that are the healthiest of weeds.Really,how much self discipline does it take to realize they aren't that appropriate for wagering on? Not much...Look at that 1st race today at Belmont.I mean that's what you're gunna get with dirt racing(horses scratched,and a damn 4 horse field.) Actually Seeking the Glory has no shot to win,or place.That's a 54k purse.That's the money (that 54k) that comes from people betting.Now you tell me why we are paying 54k to see 3 horses compete? This is what they would have us go back to? No way.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Yeah,and for all the praise that the New York "DIRT" racing gets,the thing that bails them out is that they breed all those cheap New York breds that are the healthiest of weeds.Really,how much self discipline does it take to realize they aren't that appropriate for wagering on? Not much...Look at that 1st race today at Belmont.I mean that's what you're gunna get with dirt racing(horses scratched,and a damn 4 horse field.) Actually Seeking the Glory has no shot to win,or place.That's a 54k purse.That's the money (that 54k) that comes from people betting.Now you tell me why we are paying 54k to see 3 horses compete? This is what they would have us go back to? No way.
Come on.. you know that saying anything negative about New York racing is strictly prohibited

Honestly though, it is great to be able to handicap a race at SA without always landing on the chalk or trying to force yourself to beat the chalk..

Big competitive fields = bigger chance to be rewarded well for being right.

On my way to SA in an hour!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Santa Anita

http://www.santaanita.com/track/webcam.php