Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB
I am surprised anyone uses him, after his Hong Kong drug invested efforts
Enlighten me,I am not familiar with this.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
He got barred from racing in Hong Kong.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Here is an article that talks about how much better the system is in Hong Kong when it comes to ensuring that trainers don't cheat. No system is full-proof, but the system over there makes it much tougher for a trainer to cheat. They mention Biancone in the article:
"True cases of doping here are so rare that everyone still talks about the last one: A French trainer, Patrick Biancone, was asked to leave in 1999 when his horses tested positive for a muscle relaxant available only in France. Biancone said he was set up by his enemies."

Here is the entire article:

http://www.bookmakersreview.com/c/Ar...me_worth_gold/
Old 06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
Here is an article that talks about how much better the system is in Hong Kong when it comes to ensuring that trainers don't cheat. No system is full-proof, but the system over there makes it much tougher for a trainer to cheat. They mention Biancone in the article:
"True cases of doping here are so rare that everyone still talks about the last one: A French trainer, Patrick Biancone, was asked to leave in 1999 when his horses tested positive for a muscle relaxant available only in France. Biancone said he was set up by his enemies."

sounds like something marion berry once said.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
sounds like something marion berry once said.
He knows how to break down a horse faster than many.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB
He knows how to break down a horse faster than many.

g--d--- b---- set me up!

he looked so innocent with crack pipe in hand.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:

Interesting article.I just can't understand why the USA does not do the same and get drugs out of the sport here.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Interesting article.I just can't understand why the USA does not do the same and get drugs out of the sport here.
Because they have one track which is locked down and cameras everywhere. We have roughly 50? Plus Vets are employees of the Jockey Club, not a practice, which wont work here either. HKJC also has a whole lot more money to spend on security and testing than an American track.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Ir's because it's expensive and they don't want to spend the money. In reality, it would cost them money in the short run due to the added expense, but in the long run it would actually make them money. It would make them money because the handle would go way up, once some integrity was restored. Right now there are a lot of people who won't bet because of all the cheating. They see certain trainers moving horses up 10 lengths overnight and they know that it's due to illegal drugs.

If they cleaned the sport up, business would improve dramatically. Unfortunately, the powers that be are very short-sighted and they think about the bottom-line in the short run. In he short run, more rigorous testing and added security is just an added expense that hurts the bottom-line.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Ir's because it's expensive and they don't want to spend the money. In reality, it would cost them money in the short run due to the added expense, but in the long run it would actually make them money. It would make them money because the handle would go way up, once some integrity was restored. Right now there are a lot of people who won't bet because of all the cheating. They see certain trainers moving horses up 10 lengths overnight and they know that it's due to illegal drugs.

If they cleaned the sport up, business would improve dramatically. Unfortunately, the powers that be are very short-sighted and they think about the bottom-line in the short run. In he short run, more rigorous testing and added security is just an added expense that hurts the bottom-line.
Though what most of what you say is true, it is wrong to hold our tracks to a standard like Hong Kong. It simply is a different setup and they have much more leeway in legal and other matters. Far be it for me to defend track management but using HK as a standard will always make us look inferior regardless of what we do.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Though what most of what you say is true, it is wrong to hold our tracks to a standard like Hong Kong. It simply is a different setup and they have much more leeway in legal and other matters. Far be it for me to defend track management but using HK as a standard will always make us look inferior regardless of what we do.
I agree with you. I'm not saying that we could or should do exactly what they do in Hong Kong. I'm just saying that we need to do a much beter job than we are doing right now. I think we need to have much more security, maybe even putting cameras in every barn.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I agree with you. I'm not saying that we could or should do exactly what they do in Hong Kong. I'm just saying that we need to do a much beter job than we are doing right now. I think we need to have much more security, maybe even putting cameras in every barn.
The question I always have about the cameras is who is going to watch them all? How will you be able to tell the difference between legit vet work and illegal vet work? How will you identify the horse in question on the tape? Hiring and training competent investigators would be a step in the right direction.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Because they have one track which is locked down and cameras everywhere. We have roughly 50? Plus Vets are employees of the Jockey Club, not a practice, which wont work here either. HKJC also has a whole lot more money to spend on security and testing than an American track.
Well said.C S,have you heard anything about his barn being searched?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Delaware Park

Biancone is totally innocent. Nothing more than a witch hunt instigated by jealous competitors. Biancone is a class act with a squeaky clean reputation, Hong Kong frame job reports notwithstanding. He is sure to be exonerated.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leader
Biancone is totally innocent. Nothing more than a witch hunt instigated by jealous competitors. Biancone is a class act with a squeaky clean reputation, Hong Kong frame job reports notwithstanding. He is sure to be exonerated.
Same guys that got Assmussen?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Same guys that got Assmussen?
AND Pletcher.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leader
AND Pletcher.
Think they can get OJ?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
The question I always have about the cameras is who is going to watch them all? How will you be able to tell the difference between legit vet work and illegal vet work? How will you identify the horse in question on the tape? Hiring and training competent investigators would be a step in the right direction.
What do you think about the Kentucky investigators, Chuck? I think they have some good ones but need a few more. Of course, they don't catch them all, but I believe there is alot of politics involved that is preventing them from doing so.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Think they can get OJ?
They got OJ, Marcia and her friends screwed it up.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
What do you think about the Kentucky investigators, Chuck? I think they have some good ones but need a few more. Of course, they don't catch them all, but I believe there is alot of politics involved that is preventing them from doing so.
As far as I know they only have one full time guy. I would say that most wrongdoers dont live in fear of racing investigators in any state.