Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Very true. But we CAN get it right and they know it. I guarantee you China and Russia DO NOT want us working on this system at all. It is a big bargaining chip and Bush is pushing it in.
Interesting that the US destroyer showed up today in Japan, loaded with the best anti-missile systems we have.
And it was stated that this was already scheduled.
Now let's see what China has to say.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Huh?
I'd like to see your source that "Willie the Worm" gave NK the needed materials and research to produce nukes.
Please back that absurdity with facts and a source.
Try this ...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...7/164846.shtml

But Indy George had one thing wrong ... the Sink Emperor didn't give away our technology because he wanted to be liked ...

... he did it for a much more practical reason ... cold, hard cash for his and his consort's campaigns and enrichment. Same as he did with advanced missle technology to China.

Edit: Here's another one ... http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/Rea...le.asp?ID=5368

Second Edit: Here's what it says in the left-wing Wikipedia (emphasis added) ...

"In 1994, Clinton negotiated and signed the Nuclear Accords with North Korea. The underlying concern was that North Korea was developing nuclear weapons technology under the guise of a nuclear power plant. In exchange for assistance with energy needs, North Korea agreed to abandon all ambitions for acquiring nuclear weapons. However, by the mid 1990s defectors from North Korea, along with reports from the IAEA, indicated that North Korea was violating both the Nuclear Accords and the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty."

"In exchange for assistance with energy needs" means Clinton gave away nuclear technology secrets in exchange for a promise ... which was broken before the ink was dry.

Third Edit: Here's the best one yet ... from the colossal fool Jimmuh Carter's own website ... in which he brags about his role in getting North Korea's "assurances" that the nuclear technology they've just been given (1994) will not be used to develop nuclear weapons ... http://www.cartercenter.org/doc221.htm

Need any more sources? You surely believe Jimmuh "Ah will nevuh lah to yoo" Carter, don't you?

Last edited by Bold Brooklynite : 07-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Bold Brooklynite

For those of you who don't have time to read all the articles I cited above documenting ... as requested ...the nuclear giveaways of the Clinton "administration" ... here's an excerpt from one of them ...

"Under the final terms of the Agreed Framework approved in October of 1994, Clinton agreed to provide the 'Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea' (DPRK) with two light water nuclear reactors and a massive allotment of oil. The U.S. agreed to ship 500,000 metric tons of oil annually in response to the North's pretense that the energy-starved backwater had developed the nuclear facility to generate power. These shipments have cost taxpayers more than $800 million to date - a bargain compared with the $6 billion spent on constructing the nuclear reactors, which now empower North Korea to produce 100 nuclear bombs each year.

All these measures failed to quell the North's atom-lust.

In August 1998, North Korea lobbed a Taepo Dong 1 missile over Japan. Four months later, officials refused U.S. inspectors access to a suspected underground nuclear reactor at Kumchang-ni. President Clinton then sweetened the deal by rewarding Kim Jong Il's half-year-long stall tactics with 1.1 million tons of food worth nearly $200 million. Not surprisingly, American inspectors found no signs of wrongdoing at the long-sanitized facility.

Even this seemingly humanitarian food aid turned into a weapon in North Korea's hands. Reports abound that rations have been re-directed to the DPRK's military, the fifth largest in the world. This is nothing new. Using food as a weapon dates back at least to Stalin. Communist Ethiopia similarly misused international aid in the 1980s. With this in mind, Rep. Benjamin Gilman, R-NY, warned in 1999, '(A)ny food aid we provide to North Korea . . . must be monitored to prevent diversion to the military and the party cadre. Unscheduled, unsupervised visits by American Korean-speaking monitors would assist us in this regard.' It didn't happen.

It seems little wonder North Korea has made threats of nuclear conflagration its only functional export industry, besides the weapons themselves. Even as floods and famine emaciated its nearly 22 million citizens, regime leaders in this 'worker's paradise' earmarked every available dollar for guns, not butter, in the hope that Uncle Sam would pay their price without demanding accountable disarmament. Their gamble paid off. Clinton's appeasement programs made North Korea the leading recipient of foreign aid in the Asia-Pacific region.

Clinton's policy toward North Korea, a queer amalgamation of Clement Atlee and Alfred E. Newman, has proven disastrous. The most isolated nation in the world has possessed a nuclear weapon capable of striking the United States (the Taepo Dong 2 missile) since at least 1999. Its modern-day commissars have threatened to use these missiles against America a minimum of three times in 21 months. After kicking UN inspectors out of the Yongbyong facility, the short trip to full nuclear status has been quickly engaged."

End of excerpt.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Hialeah Park

Bold B,
Did you read the articles you cited?
The first one states this:

"Pakistan also benefited from the trade in weaponry. The missiles-for-nukes trade gave Pakistan an operational means to deliver its atomic bombs.

Pakistan has since successfully test-fired and deployed its own version of the No Dong missile, called the Ghauri. The North Korean-designed missile has a range of nearly 900 miles and can cover virtually all of India, Pakistan's rival in Southwest Asia.

The ultimate irony here is that the North Korean No Dong and Tae Po Dong missiles are based on technology given to Pyongyang by China. In 1994, the Wall Street Journal revealed that Chinese-made CSS-2 missile technology had found its way into North Korean hands."

Last time I looked in my history book, Clinton never was the President of Pakistan nor China. In my recent memory, GW Bush has been the only US president to visit Pakistan.

Regarding former president Carter, I really don't see a problem with his attempt to find a peaceful outcome 14 years ago. Yes, 14 years ago.
Now I'm certain that you'll go to your rightwing sites and find other "facts" to connect current events to their "real root causes". I'm sure there's a connect with Woodrow Wilson at one of them, if you look hard enough.
Or, was it F D Roosevelt that created these events?
Old 07-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Hialeah Park

Bold B,
I've read all three of the articles you cited.
Now, read one that I put up:

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0708-21.htm
Old 07-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Bold B,
Did you read the articles you cited?
The first one states this:

"Pakistan also benefited from the trade in weaponry. The missiles-for-nukes trade gave Pakistan an operational means to deliver its atomic bombs.

Pakistan has since successfully test-fired and deployed its own version of the No Dong missile, called the Ghauri. The North Korean-designed missile has a range of nearly 900 miles and can cover virtually all of India, Pakistan's rival in Southwest Asia.

The ultimate irony here is that the North Korean No Dong and Tae Po Dong missiles are based on technology given to Pyongyang by China. In 1994, the Wall Street Journal revealed that Chinese-made CSS-2 missile technology had found its way into North Korean hands."

Last time I looked in my history book, Clinton never was the President of Pakistan nor China. In my recent memory, GW Bush has been the only US president to visit Pakistan.

Regarding former president Carter, I really don't see a problem with his attempt to find a peaceful outcome 14 years ago. Yes, 14 years ago.
Now I'm certain that you'll go to your rightwing sites and find other "facts" to connect current events to their "real root causes". I'm sure there's a connect with Woodrow Wilson at one of them, if you look hard enough.
Or, was it F D Roosevelt that created these events?
You're mixing your apples and your oranges.

Clinton didn't give away missile technology to North Korea ... he gave away nuclear technology to them.

The missile technology was given away to China ... in return for campaign contributions. You remember all those Chinese arms dealers who practically moved into the White House ... don't you? And the Chicoms passed it along to the Paks and North Koreans.

That's pretty clear now ... isn't it?

Last edited by Bold Brooklynite : 07-08-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Jimmuh was a boob 14 years ago ... 14 days ago ... and 14 minutes ago.

Everyone wants to "find a peaceful outcome" ... but Jimmuh stinks at it. Please don't waste your time trying to defend this utter embarrassment.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Bold B,
I've read all three of the articles you cited.
Now, read one that I put up:

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0708-21.htm
I managed to struggle through it ... and there's really no "there" there.

No U.S. president is going to publicly reveal what our actual military or intelligence capabilites are. The writer of this article ... and the reporters at that press conference ... certainly don't know what they are.

The leftists scoffed at President Reagan ... The Destroyer of the Beloved Soviet Union ... when he first proposed a missle defense system. Now it turns out that such a system is exactly what we need in this age of rogue tinpots with potential nuclear and long-range missle capabilites.

Whether the system is currently effective or not ... and none of us civilians knows that ... it can surely be made effective by good old American know-how and ingenuity.

Would you prefer that we didn't have a missile defense system?

And please tell us what you got from this article ... to me there was not a blessed thing there.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Porter
Must be fate. I just ran accross this post while skiming the thread.

Jimmy Carter was NOT an "utter embarassment". He WAS the most antisemetic, incompetent and DANGEROUS man that ever inhabited the White House.

His wife, sister and the rest of the gang were about 3 to 4 steps away from opening up the famous "relocation camps" of the 30's and 40's in Europe.

His brother was a true intellectual genious as his mother, who was a card carrying member of the KKK.
Yeah ... all of that too

And you left out Amy ... a "nucular" expert and political confidant when she was only nine years old.

But Billy was OK ... anyone who relieves himself by peeing off the roof of the White House ... can't be all that bad.

That was the least embarrassing thing this family ever did.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
A problem to be sure.

What no one in authority will say that everone ought to know who does not.
This is a scary country. For one major reason:

North Korea is run by a crazy fck named Kim Jong Il. He created the sun, made like 6 holes-in-one in one round of golf (or someting like that). The guy is flippin nuts.
I bet if we fired one at them that would be all it would take for them to back the f*ck up.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu
I bet if we fired one at them that would be all it would take for them to back the f*ck up.
Honu,
I hope you're kidding. Other things should be done before it comes to this.
South Korea would be in the path of the fall out, and certainly have a lot to say before hand.

btw, I like your racing insights and the news you share.

Here's something that I'd like to share with you, a Korean recipe.

Kim Kui (toasted seaweed)

10 sheets seaweed (one package)
3 tablespoons sesame-seed oil
1 teaspoon salt

Brush seaweed with sesame-seed oil, sprinkle with salt, and toast over an open flame, in hot frying pan, or in a broiler until the seaweed turns green.
Cut into quarters. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Enjoy.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Honu,
I hope you're kidding. Other things should be done before it comes to this.
South Korea would be in the path of the fall out, and certainly have a lot to say before hand.

btw, I like your racing insights and the news you share.

Here's something that I'd like to share with you, a Korean recipe.

Kim Kui (toasted seaweed)

10 sheets seaweed (one package)
3 tablespoons sesame-seed oil
1 teaspoon salt

Brush seaweed with sesame-seed oil, sprinkle with salt, and toast over an open flame, in hot frying pan, or in a broiler until the seaweed turns green.
Cut into quarters. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Enjoy.
Well I was only half serious about firing one at them , but I do think we should sanction the life out of them. Cut them off, no more aid , no more money , nothing period.
Thanks for the seaweed recipe cant say that Ive ever ate much of it except in a sushi roll.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham
Old 07-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu
Well I was only half serious about firing one at them , but I do think we should sanction the life out of them. Cut them off, no more aid , no more money , nothing period.
Thanks for the seaweed recipe cant say that Ive ever ate much of it except in a sushi roll.
Honu,
The USA has given the NK's over a billion in foreign aid since 1995. The bulk of it has been given during the present administration.
Unfortunately, the WFP (World Food Program) doesn't really know where the rice is sold. It shows up in black markets and on the streets (for cash).
The people for which it intended are, in fact, eating seaweed. That's why I posted the recipe.
It's a very crazy place.
Sanctions will hurt the common people. Kim il Jong won't feel the least bit impact. For sure, he eats very well. Photos of him bear this out.
The common people are powerless to do much. Public executions cause terror in the populace. Though there is a growing resistance movement, it seems to me that going against this insanity where you need a travel permit to move from village to village, city to city, with armed guards (shoot to kill orders) patrolling the northern border crossing the river to China.
It's a huge mess. In my humble view, santions from the US won't do it. China
and South Korea have a much bigger voice, as they have both been the biggest providers of foreign aid. I'll wait to hear them speak.

btw...seaweed is pretty good. I like it with fresh fish. That's a luxury I have, that they don't. They eat it as a main course.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Honu,
The USA has given the NK's over a billion in foreign aid since 1995. The bulk of it has been given during the present administration.
Unfortunately, the WFP (World Food Program) doesn't really know where the rice is sold. It shows up in black markets and on the streets (for cash).
The people for which it intended are, in fact, eating seaweed. That's why I posted the recipe.
It's a very crazy place.
Sanctions will hurt the common people. Kim il Jong won't feel the least bit impact. For sure, he eats very well. Photos of him bear this out.
The common people are powerless to do much. Public executions cause terror in the populace. Though there is a growing resistance movement, it seems to me that going against this insanity where you need a travel permit to move from village to village, city to city, with armed guards (shoot to kill orders) patrolling the northern border crossing the river to China.
It's a huge mess. In my humble view, santions from the US won't do it. China
and South Korea have a much bigger voice, as they have both been the biggest providers of foreign aid. I'll wait to hear them speak.

btw...seaweed is pretty good. I like it with fresh fish. That's a luxury I have, that they don't. They eat it as a main course.
You're 100% correct ... the only hope for the North Koreans is if one or more of the generals get pizzed-off at that little psycho ... and drills him one.

Maybe someone will emerge from their military ... or elsewhere ... who has a drop of humanity ...

... otherwise the savages will continue to rule ... and the poor Koreans of the north will live in utter misery ... while their blood-brothers in the south live in freedom and prosperity.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
You're 100% correct ... the only hope for the North Koreans is if one or more of the generals get pizzed-off at that little psycho ... and drills him one.

Maybe someone will emerge from their military ... or elsewhere ... who has a drop of humanity ...

... otherwise the savages will continue to rule ... and the poor Koreans of the north will live in utter misery ... while their blood-brothers in the south live in freedom and prosperity.
What are you smoking Bold B? You actually are agreeing with me and said I was 100% correct!!!!
You heard it here first folks!

Now, maybe he'll pass along whatever has clouded his consciousness.
Unbelievable.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
What are you smoking Bold B? You actually are agreeing with me and said I was 100% correct!!!!
You heard it here first folks!

Now, maybe he'll pass along whatever has clouded his consciousness.
Unbelievable.
No narcotics or stimulants are ever needed ... just the tiniest of impulses among my neurons. Remember ... a fraction of infinity ... is still infinity.

And someday you'll learn ... perhaps ... though you obviously haven't caught on yet ...

... that I'm always on the side of freedom.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
No narcotics or stimulants are ever needed ... just the tiniest of impulses among my neurons. Remember ... a fraction of infinity ... is still infinity.

And someday you'll learn ... perhaps ... though you obviously haven't caught on yet ...

... that I'm always on the side of freedom.
I also do not approve of mind altering substances.

"Obviously, I haven't caught on yet"...huh? You need a mirror.

Are you implying that I'm not on the side of freedom?
If so, you are delusional. My guess is that reading all of that right wing propaganda has effected your precious neurons.

You are ridiculous.