Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-05-2006, 11:22 PM
pgardn

Default North Korea

A problem to be sure.

What no one in authority will say that everone ought to know who does not.
This is a scary country. For one major reason:

North Korea is run by a crazy fck named Kim Jong Il. He created the sun, made like 6 holes-in-one in one round of golf (or someting like that). The guy is flippin nuts.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Flemington

It would almost be funny if he wasn't starving so many in his country.They would gladly eat dog,but I doubt they have many left to eat.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Hialeah Park

Crazy guy.
Gdubb seems real eager to "negotiate" with him, spent the AM talking with the other five interests.
So why not move militarily like was done with another "Axis of Evil"?
Simple answer...Kim Il has "nukular" weapons. Maybe not delivery systems ...
yet. He'll share what he has with other enemies of the USA...
Now, that's plenty scary, imo.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
The Curragh

yeah I saw a 1/2 hour special on this MoFo yesterday, he is not right by any stretch of the imagination. sounds to me like they are not playing around, and if I was China I would be concerned
Old 07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downthestretch55
Crazy guy.
Gdubb seems real eager to "negotiate" with him, spent the AM talking with the other five interests.
I really don't think that's the case, I think a lot of the reason we're dealing with it like this is because China is there. We don't want to piss off a sleeping giant. And to be honest...that's very wise.

Interesting quote I saw from an article today....

The Rev. Roger Ryu, pastor of Hahn-In Christian Reformed Church in Wyoming, believes North Korea has been reduced to desperate measures by its isolation and shaky economy.

"They are very desperate. They are extremely isolated," said Ryu, 57, who has lived in the United States since 1973.

"They are really looking for a free economic gift. It's like they are saying, 'I have an atomic bomb. Give me some bread.'"
Old 07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.***er
I really don't think that's the case, I think a lot of the reason we're dealing with it like this is because China is there. We don't want to piss off a sleeping giant. And to be honest...that's very wise.

Interesting quote I saw from an article today....

The Rev. Roger Ryu, pastor of Hahn-In Christian Reformed Church in Wyoming, believes North Korea has been reduced to desperate measures by its isolation and shaky economy.

"They are very desperate. They are extremely isolated," said Ryu, 57, who has lived in the United States since 1973.

"They are really looking for a free economic gift. It's like they are saying, 'I have an atomic bomb. Give me some bread.'"
Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see.
I agree, China will play big on this one.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see.
I agree, China will play big on this one.

Actually, North Korea is largely China's problem...the Chinese surely don't need some idiot with nukes next door and they are well aware of the danger he creates. His country is starving and one would think that very soon, internal opposition will arise, perhaps even from his own military.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Hialeah Park

Somer,
You know far more about this situation than I do.
Going back to the Korean War (police action), wasn't it the Chinese that came to the aid of North Korea?
Does China's largest share of foreign aid go to North Korea?
And, since the Korean War, hasn't the USA maintained a substantial military presence at the DMZ?
I only ask because I haven't kept up with our involement in this region, other than buying Chinese manufactured goods at my local Walmart.
Thanks for filling me in.
DTS
Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM
pgardn

The North Koreans scare the crap out of the Japanese. Just imagine such a tightly packed island, that could easily get hit by conventional missles from a very close neighbor. We dont have that problem. (Not to mention that the Japanese did some horrible things to the Chinese and Koreans during WWII). So the Japanese are terribly concerned. And if they are concerned, we are concerned.

I think the Chinese do not have a problem with the N. Koreans causing the Japanese major anxiety. The Chinese do have a problem if this causes us to become aggressive... To give us an excuse to load the Japanese up with some anti-missle system, or worse, for us to start working intensely on anti-missle systems that actually work. The Chinese do not like that aspect at all.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
The North Koreans scare the crap out of the Japanese. Just imagine such a tightly packed island, that could easily get hit by conventional missles from a very close neighbor. We dont have that problem. (Not to mention that the Japanese did some horrible things to the Chinese and Koreans during WWII). So the Japanese are terribly concerned. And if they are concerned, we are concerned.

I think the Chinese do not have a problem with the N. Koreans causing the Japanese major anxiety. The Chinese do have a problem if this causes us to become aggressive... To give us an excuse to load the Japanese up with some anti-missle system, or worse, for us to start working intensely on anti-missle systems that actually work. The Chinese do not like that aspect at all.
Pat,
Now it's starting to make sense...Japanese missile bases. Throw Taiwan into the mix and the huge credit debt owed to China...the picture becomes much clearer.
Recent history hasn't proven China to be very good at negotiating. The memory of Tienemin Square is still a bit fresh.
I hope they are more skilled this time around.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Pat,
Now it's starting to make sense...Japanese missile bases. Throw Taiwan into the mix and the huge credit debt owed to China...the picture becomes much clearer.
Recent history hasn't proven China to be very good at negotiating. The memory of Tienemin Square is still a bit fresh.
I hope they are more skilled this time around.
The entire world is very concerned about our working on anti-missle systems. It scares the Russians and Chinese a great deal. We can make the logical assessment that you guys got a madman over there that wants to deal us a blow, we are going to concentrate very heavily on missile defense. Tough luck, you cant handle the madman, we must protect ourselves. They know this is the next step if Iran and N. Korea really get out of hand. That really is a huge trump card for the US. The technology is super difficult, but if any country can do it, we can.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Crazy guy.

Yeh ,I'm sure GW is skeert of North Korea, In fact ,it's probably his fault NK HAS theses "nukular" weapons, right? Of course it was Willie the Worm who gave NK the needed materials and resarch to produce the nukes in his ever-increasing effort to have everyone on the planet like us.
China is using NK as its pawn to draw closer to the US.China hates us but needs us a trade partner and consumer of its goods.
Kim Jung Il is a nutcase but he's pragmatic enough to like his Mercedes and Swedish super-models not to want to be obliterated, unlike nutcases of the Isalmic radical ilk ,who welcome death and destruction as the quick path to eternal life with Allah and the virgins.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent George
Yeh ,I'm sure GW is skeert of North Korea, In fact ,it's probably his fault NK HAS theses "nukular" weapons, right? Of course it was Willie the Worm who gave NK the needed materials and resarch to produce the nukes in his ever-increasing effort to have everyone on the planet like us.
China is using NK as its pawn to draw closer to the US.China hates us but needs us a trade partner and consumer of its goods.
Kim Jung Il is a nutcase but he's pragmatic enough to like his Mercedes and Swedish super-models not to want to be obliterated, unlike nutcases of the Isalmic radical ilk ,who welcome death and destruction as the quick path to eternal life with Allah and the virgins.
Huh?
I'd like to see your source that "Willie the Worm" gave NK the needed materials and research to produce nukes.
Please back that absurdity with facts and a source.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Again, the thread gets reduced to political name-calling; there is plenty of blame on both sides of the American political spectrum for the mess we face today throughout the world...better to concentrate on how to survive it! North Korea is untouchable to the US unless we plan on wiping out China also...something we could do but hopefully isn't a viable consideration. Iran, I honestly believe is "pissing into the wind" when it tries to scare the likes of Israel...we will probably wake up some morning to the news that the folks from Israel had enough and half of Iran is gone, the other half radioactive. I agree that the Iranian situation may become the most problematic over time, but right now...we should allow China to negotiate with North Korea, if that fails...I agree with Pgardn, some sabre rattling (or in this case, anti-missile system development talk) should spur even the nut job in NK to start considering how he'd attract models as a pile of glowing dust.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Again, the thread gets reduced to political name-calling; there is plenty of blame on both sides of the American political spectrum for the mess we face today throughout the world...better to concentrate on how to survive it! North Korea is untouchable to the US unless we plan on wiping out China also...something we could do but hopefully isn't a viable consideration. Iran, I honestly believe is "pissing into the wind" when it tries to scare the likes of Israel...we will probably wake up some morning to the news that the folks from Israel had enough and half of Iran is gone, the other half radioactive. I agree that the Iranian situation may become the most problematic over time, but right now...we should allow China to negotiate with North Korea, if that fails...I agree with Pgardn, some sabre rattling (or in this case, anti-missile system development talk) should spur even the nut job in NK to start considering how he'd attract models as a pile of glowing dust.
Somer,
I agree with much of your statements.
As far as anti-missile systems, yes, we have some but not as well refined as may need to be. I also agree with Pgardn that if any country can develop the requisite technology, the USA can, with time for further development.
So, I'll go back to my assertion that China will play a huge role in helping to resolve the NK issue, and if they do, they will gain great credibility in the world's community opinion, as the US's has diminished.
It's completely in their interests if they do so.
DTS
Old 07-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Huh?
I'd like to see your source that "Willie the Worm" gave NK the needed materials and research to produce nukes.
Please back that absurdity with facts and a source.
You want my source !! I could tell you but then I'd have to have you terminated.
Facts....you mean like the ones you throw around ? No thanks.I ran out of bulls**t the first time the police questioned me after defending my best bud when some people were going to use him for tee-ball practice.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
You want my source !! I could tell you but then I'd have to have you terminated.
Facts....you mean like the ones you throw around ? No thanks.I ran out of bulls**t the first time the police questioned me after defending my best bud when some people were going to use him for tee-ball practice.
I thought so, your words proved it.
You would have me terminated? LOL!!!!!!

In my beloved USA, we have freedom of speech without BS threats of silencing.

Back to your cave Indep Geo.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:18 PM
pgardn

Back to the original topic:

President Bush said today that he believes the nation's nascent missile defense system would have had a "reasonable chance" of shooting down a long-range missile launched by North Korea had it come close to the United States

This is the prompt to kick Russian and China in the butt. A little more money and work put into this, and it works. This makes em shudder.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Back to the original topic:

President Bush said today that he believes the nation's nascent missile defense system would have had a "reasonable chance" of shooting down a long-range missile launched by North Korea had it come close to the United States

This is the prompt to kick Russian and China in the butt. A little more money and work put into this, and it works. This makes em shudder.
Wish I could agree Pat.
Testing so far is five out of ten...when we knew where they'd be coming from, and when they were launched.
We still have a ways to go with development. The Chinese and the Russians know this as well. 50% isn't good enough.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Wish I could agree Pat.
Testing so far is five out of ten...when we knew where they'd be coming from, and when they were launched.
We still have a ways to go with development. The Chinese and the Russians know this as well. 50% isn't good enough.
Very true. But we CAN get it right and they know it. I guarantee you China and Russia DO NOT want us working on this system at all. It is a big bargaining chip and Bush is pushing it in.