Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Oriental Park

You foul in the backcourt and put the weight of the world on the kid to hit both. If he does worst case you are going back to the line with 3 seconds and they would have a very difficult time winning at that point. Besides that they have a 9 point lead with a 35 second shot clock, theres just no reason to give up a lead like that in the last 2 minutes of the game. Sure they didnt execute down the stretch but thats just as much Caladickheads fault as it is the stiffs at the freethrow line. I also didnt like them slowing the game down with the 9 point lead. They should have continued to jam it down Kansas throat. Caladickhead wanted to set offense and take time off the clock, Memphis just isnt that kind of team. They are an athletic up and down the court team and thats the only way they can beat Kansas. When you change the game from a trackmeet, to fundementals, coaching, and basketball IQ, they cannot compete with Kansas. Moreso Caladickhead cant compete with Self.

Cannon,

As a Cleveland sports fan I am tormented year after year. Whether it be baseball, basketball, minor league hockey, Areana Football, Soccer, Football. Im learning to cope, but its still hard to watch.

Last edited by The Bid : 04-08-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
You foul in the backcourt and put the weight of the world on the kid to hit both. If he does worst case you are going back to the line with 3 seconds and they would have a very difficult time winning at that point. Besides that they have a 9 point lead with a 35 second shot clock, theres just no reason to give up a lead like that in the last 2 minutes of the game. Sure they didnt execute down the stretch but thats just as much Caladickheads fault as it is the stiffs at the freethrow line. I also didnt like them slowing the game down with the 9 point lead. They should have continued to jam it down Kansas throat. Caladickhead wanted to set offense and take time off the clock, Memphis just isnt that kind of team. They are an athletic up and down the court team and thats the only way they can beat Kansas. When you change the game from a trackmeet, to fundementals, coaching, and basketball IQ, they cannot compete with Kansas. Moreso Caladickhead cant compete with Self.

Cannon,

As a Cleveland sports fan I am tormented year after year. Whether it be baseball, basketball, minor league hockey, Areana Football, Soccer, Football. Im learning to cope, but its still hard to watch.
I got you beat, I am a Cubs fan......
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Del Mar

Being from Cleveland's got to be worse, you had da Bulls, Sweetness, and have far more championships. Cleveland has nada for 44 years with "The Drive", "The Fumble" and let's not talk about the World Series we choked on.

Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I got you beat, I am a Cubs fan......
Old 04-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Being from Cleveland's got to be worse, you had da Bulls, Sweetness, and have far more championships. Cleveland has nada for 44 years with "The Drive", "The Fumble" and let's not talk about the World Series we choked on.

Spyder
ONE HUNDRED YEARS, that means I have only been ALIVE FOR A QUARTER OF THAT TIME. There has been like 6 wars, 30 presidents, 2 impeachments, and they created the PHONE in that time.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
pgardn

Both coaches made mistakes.
Both coaches made some good moves.
The players. Sometimes it comes down to
the players. And then its just luck.

Gotta be able to know when you are lucky to win,
and unlucky to lose. They even out. Everyone seems
to remember lucky wins as pure genius
by the bettor. It cuts both ways.

As for Cleveland fans.
They could survive on Pluto or the Sun.