Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
ahhh Sudden Sam...

should have got that one
Yes...you should have.

The amazing thing is if you look at his seasons with the Indians and realize he was drunk or hungover 80% of the time .

And he played on some of the worst hitting and fielding teams ever to disguise themselves as major leaguers.

Which is probably why he was drunk or hungover 80% of the time.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Hialeah Park

for what it's worth, I grew up in Massachusetts a Yankee fan hating the RedSox. The Indians in the late 70's were horrible, ok...the entire decade was horrible, but I remember that they would always play the Sox tough and Buddy Bell owned them. Only person in the stands in Sept would be the drum guy, it would be 40 degrees and the Red Sox would have Tiant out there in a must win...and Cleveland would beat 'em.

Have always had a soft spot since for The Tribe
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Thistley Downs

That was swell.

I like you better now.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
That was swell.

I like you better now.
doubt it

Old 04-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Thistley Downs

I hate that.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I hate that.

but..

you

are

the

predator

you don't like people

do you?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Thistley Downs

I hate people.

If you were one ...I'd hate you,too.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Thistley Downs

Since this is the Indians thread and since no one is here, I judge this a fine time to leave....on a permanent basis , of course.

Thank you all......most......some.....................uh.... ..a few.................

...both of you so much.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Since this is the Indians thread and since no one is here, I judge this a fine time to leave....on a permanent basis , of course.

Thank you all......most......some.....................uh.... ..a few.................

...both of you so much.
Detroit 0-4

nice
Old 04-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
You are an idiot.

Let me repeat that one.

You are an idiot.

At times I will fucl< around.

I don't think a whole lot of Brown...but we have had worse. I was kidding with Bidster,but would not argue with him as he does have brainage----does not suffer from vapor lock.

Let me state something very clearly....the Cavaliers won the East last year because they were the best team. They had a good group behind a superstar. They did not beat SA because SA is better.

This year they have been riddled with injury.What happened last night I don't know ,not having seen it.All I do know is superstar Garnett could not do much with a lowly supporting cast. James does not have that....and hasn't had that.He's had a pretty good overall cast.Some day you just might understand James is part of the solution here as he is part of the problem,but you really are too stupid to wrap around that enigma.
I respond to you to provide balance and nothing more. I understand what you're saying. I am not too stupid to wrap around anything. I am simply not going to state that James came into a model franchise and their system simply elevated him to a conference champion last year. That is almost what you insinuate by your nonsense on this subject. I know what that franchise was before James came the previous 10 years. It was a disgrace. No, they could not have reached the finals last year without 11 other guys on the team. Those 11 other guys provided decent play for the most part...but also not at times. James played poor games at times as well, but usually not. He is simply a part...but he is the MAIN part to the revival of a completely hideous franchise.

I mean, Frank Ryan, Gary Collins, Paul Warfield, Gene Hickerson et al were all very key components on the last Cleveland champion in 1964...but let's not kid ourselves on who the MAIN part of that franchise was. They won the title in '64, played for the title in '65 then the guy retired. That team has yet to play in another championship game.

It is quite comical to read your postings on this guy when you had 35 years to witness the Cavalier franchise before James joined the franchise and after.

(let's not kid ourselves Avery, it is not I with the problem. I have not started a single thread on LeBron James on this forum. Have you??) ...I am simply a responder! I get it, you don't think highly of the guy.

Last edited by horseofcourse : 04-05-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Oriental Park

Mike Brown **** the bed again at home. Yesterdays game with the Magic was just a sign of whats to come in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
I respond to you to provide balance and nothing more. I understand what you're saying. I am not too stupid to wrap around anything. I am simply not going to state that James came into a model franchise and their system simply elevated him to a conference champion last year. That is almost what you insinuate by your nonsense on this subject. I know what that franchise was before James came the previous 10 years. It was a disgrace. No, they could not have reached the finals last year without 11 other guys on the team. Those 11 other guys provided decent play for the most part...but also not at times. James played poor games at times as well, but usually not. He is simply a part...but he is the MAIN part to the revival of a completely hideous franchise.

I mean, Frank Ryan, Gary Collins, Paul Warfield, Gene Hickerson et al were all very key components on the last Cleveland champion in 1964...but let's not kid ourselves on who the MAIN part of that franchise was. They won the title in '64, played for the title in '65 then the guy retired. That team has yet to play in another championship game.

It is quite comical to read your postings on this guy when you had 35 years to witness the Cavalier franchise before James joined the franchise and after.

(let's not kid ourselves Avery, it is not I with the problem. I have not started a single thread on LeBron James on this forum. Have you??) ...I am simply a responder! I get it, you don't think highly of the guy.

I can only simply state , once again, that if you were the brightest bulb in the bank--------- night baseball could not exist.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
I can only simply state , once again, that if you were the brightest bulb in the bank--------- night baseball could not exist.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Santa Anita

I've missed ya Avery how's it going?? Classic borowski meltdown a couple nights ago. Good for the team however...every time he had one last year...the team would respond and win the next game and pretty regularly for a couple weeks.

They're struggling with the sticks again...reminds of the July to Mid August period last year when they completely stopped hitting. Of course they look like the '27 Yankees compared to the Tiggers!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Thistley Downs

That was a beauty all right.

The hitting shut down certainly is a major concern given the guaranteed black hole in left field.

Another guarantee----Sabbathia is melting from the contact pressure. He should have a really stinky-poo year.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
That was a beauty all right.

The hitting shut down certainly is a major concern given the guaranteed black hole in left field.

Another guarantee----Sabbathia is melting from the contact pressure. He should have a really stinky-poo year.
No...he's never had one of those ever. He may win 13 games with a 4 ERA...but his track record suggests he won't stink considering he never has...unless he's injured. He's not the best "pressure" pitcher in the game based on his post season last year, but hard for me to imagine a complete bad year for him. Guess it's possible he could start pressing the more mediocre to bad starts he has.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Thistley Downs

Oh...he's never had one so that makes it impossible for it to happen.

It took him 4 years or so to get his delicate brain up to speed with his talent. Then he hist the play-offs and crumbles from.....the pressure.

Hey...don't listen to me about the Tigers or Sabbathia.

Or about the greatest basketball player ever and his completely inept teammates.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Oh...he's never had one so that makes it impossible for it to happen.

It took him 4 years or so to get his delicate brain up to speed with his talent. Then he hist the play-offs and crumbles from.....the pressure.

Hey...don't listen to me about the Tigers or Sabbathia.

Or about the greatest basketball player ever and his completely inept teammates.
Well, no. I consider stinky-poo to be Cliff Lee last year. I don't think he'll win 5 games with an ERA over 6. If you consider stinky poo 11 wins and a 4.50 ERA, yes, he can do that. I'm not gonna panic from 2 bad starts. He actually only had one BAD start in postseason...the other two were mediocre.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Thistley Downs

I don't think Lee even made it much past mid season. Sabbathia will be stinky-poo over the entire year. The Indians mess up so much on these deals...almost always do the wrong thing. Sabbathia could have been traded before this year started since it's obvious he is going for the biggest possible contract which Cleveland won't do----which is the right thing.

Carmona and Westbrooks will have big years and Lee will do well,too.

And the sooner Here's Jhonny goes---the better.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Santa Anita

I think they were banking on contending this year thus they didn't trade him. They felt if they were out of it, they could deal him in July. I can't argue with them not trading the Cy Young winner and consistent 12-18 game winner over his career when they were 1 game from the World Series last year. They rolled the dice. Lee or Sowers were no guarantee starting the year either. Byrd is tough to gauge as well. We all know he is gone after this year, but I can't argue with the decision to go with him starting the year.