Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Coach Pants

Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Is it true what i heard about you jim? Someone told me about you looking like a flasher and wearing trench coats to the track in the summer.

Is that true?
you are one classy lady.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
you are one classy lady.

Is that true? I had heard that you wear trench coats to arlington park in the summer time. Im not making fun of you here jim....i just want to know if its true.

Personally, i think it could be like a fashion statement or something.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Is that true? I had heard that you wear trench coats to arlington park in the summer time. Im not making fun of you here jim....i just want to know if its true.

Personally, i think it could be like a fashion statement or something.
the thing is i've met maybe 20-30 derbytrailers at Arlington, maybe you can ask them if you're really so interested.
this kind of stuff may play well on other sites where people sit around and anonymously trade infantile zingers all day long. like I said to you before, it doesn't fit in here, and your act is tiresome.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Coach Pants

Don't listen to him, dalakhani. He has delusions of modship.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
http://www.chef-de-race.com/dosage/w...osage_2008.htm

last one.

lets keep what youve "blown" to yourself. LOL
I'll probably be accused of belonging to a "little clique" for posting this, but I happen to think that this chart tends to confirm what I already believed regarding DI. It is basically useless in this regard.
Is there a trend in the numbers? Sure, but only someone with very little knowledge of statistical analysis would look at this chart and argue that it proves that DI is of any use whatsoever.
If you took an average handicapper with a moderate amount of pedigree knowledge, and asked him or her simply to assign every horse a DI-type number by looking only at the names of the horses in the first two generations, I am confident that the long-term chart numbers would be similar (like DI, there would be an obvious relationship, but not a particularly insightful one).
In terms of determining stamina, I think most people agree that DI is pretty pointless.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
the thing is i've met maybe 20-30 derbytrailers at Arlington, maybe you can ask them if you're really so interested.
this kind of stuff may play well on other sites where people sit around and anonymously trade infantile zingers all day long. like I said to you before, it doesn't fit in here, and your act is tiresome.
Thats what a couple have told me. They said that you wear a trench coat to the track and one description was that you are "white as semen". Now, i was personally appalled by this description but i had to say it made me curious.

So...is it true? Do you really dress like inspector gadget even in the summer time?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Don't listen to him, dalakhani. He has delusions of modship.
i know coach. Truly, you are one of the few opnions I actually value around here.

The ROI on your selections is astounding. A whole lot different than these blowhards that parrot what they read in DRF and from the pros that know it all but never produce much winning.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Thats what a couple have told me. They said that you wear a trench coat to the track and one description was that you are "white as semen". Now, i was personally appalled by this description but i had to say it made me curious.

So...is it true? Do you really dress like inspector gadget even in the summer time?
So you were "personally appalled" by it, but you chose to post it here.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Oaklawn

Red face

Sailor's Cap will never win another stakes race!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
I'll probably be accused of belonging to a "little clique" for posting this, but I happen to think that this chart tends to confirm what I already believed regarding DI. It is basically useless in this regard.
Is there a trend in the numbers? Sure, but only someone with very little knowledge of statistical analysis would look at this chart and argue that it proves that DI is of any use whatsoever.
If you took an average handicapper with a moderate amount of pedigree knowledge, and asked him or her simply to assign every horse a DI-type number by looking only at the names of the horses in the first two generations, I am confident that the long-term chart numbers would be similar (like DI, there would be an obvious relationship, but not a particularly insightful one).
In terms of determining stamina, I think most people agree that DI is pretty pointless.
Fine. Many agree with you. But if my mare is by Alydar and on the other side of that mare has Tom Rolfe, its kind of obvious that this isnt just cheap speed. No?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Not to mention that the chef-de-races are arbitrarily chosen to fit the data. Of course they can make an argument going back to 1983. If you wanted to cap a race from 1983 it would be a great tool. For 2008 it is useless. For a true analysis run it for all of 2008 before they get the chance to adjust the chef-de-race list. I bet you'll find it to have no correlation at all.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Del Mar

Wink

Quote:
So you were "personally appalled" by it, but you chose to post it here.
And if you werent part of the clique would you care?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
i know coach. Truly, you are one of the few opnions I actually value around here.

The ROI on your selections is astounding. A whole lot different than these blowhards that parrot what they read in DRF and from the pros that know it all but never produce much winning.
I'm not a good horseplayer and never claimed to be.

I like the cut of your jib. I hope you stick around and make life for these sissies miserable.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Fine. Many agree with you. But if my mare is by Alydar and on the other side of that mare has Tom Rolfe, its kind of obvious that this isnt just cheap speed. No?
In the case of Gio Ponti, he certainly has some stamina pedigree on the dam-side (which is generally considered the more important). His dam is not only by Alydar but is also out of a Salt Marsh mare. In my opinion his pedigree doesn't really tell you much. He doesn't have one dominated by stamina or speed, or by turf or dirt success. His pedigree doesn't reveal a lot of clues to me one way or the other.
If your point was simply that it isn't shocking that he won at 10f....I agree with you there.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
And if you werent part of the clique would you care?
I don't care.
It just struck me as odd that you would say you were appalled by something, but then you repeated it on this forum.
Do you really think that the only options here are that people either agree with you or are part of some clique? If so fine, but I disagree with you there.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

I like the cut of your jib. I hope you stick around and make life for these sissies miserable.
Thanks coach.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:

That's it, you're out of the clique.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:

I second that
Old 07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajinabi
I second that
Thanks Eajinabi. How did you do at Del Mar today?