Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Louisiana Downs

Doug, that was another sweet call with Laddie's boy today!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbaxter View Post
Doug, that was another sweet call with Laddie's boy today!
Thanks.

He was involved in back to back insane pace battles. Here are the pace figures for his last two races on the 100 point scale.

Breeders Futurity:

Race (+37): 102 for a half mile, 93 for six furlongs 65 for final time

Laddie's Boy: 99 for a half, 89 for six furlongs, 55 final time

Iroquois:

Race (+29): 94 for a half, 81 for six furlongs, 65 final time.

Laddie's Boy: 94 for a half, 81 for six furlongs, 61 final time.

When the Pace Projector looked like this today:

All it really took was for him to relax a little on the early lead, and he won clear at 12/1 odds. Just wish the 4th place horse Rope A Dope had run one length better to complete the exacta.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Thanks.

He was involved in back to back insane pace battles. Here are the pace figures for his last two races on the 100 point scale.

Breeders Futurity:

Race (+37): 102 for a half mile, 93 for six furlongs 65 for final time

Laddie's Boy: 99 for a half, 89 for six furlongs, 55 final time

Iroquois:

Race (+29): 94 for a half, 81 for six furlongs, 65 final time.

Laddie's Boy: 94 for a half, 81 for six furlongs, 61 final time.

When the Pace Projector looked like this today:

All it really took was for him to relax a little on the early lead, and he won clear at 12/1 odds. Just wish the 4th place horse Rope A Dope had run one length better to complete the exacta.
Rise Up coming out of the hot paced Iroquois, captured the Jean Lafitte last night at Delta Downs at 3-1.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Saratoga

Nice job guys at FL in the 4th (12/10) $33 and change for the cold exacta 10/6.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Santa Anita

Doug just continues on an almost unbelievable roll:

http://timeformusblog.com/2013/12/22...-for-sunday-5/
Old 12-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Washington Park

Amazing Best Play hits at 10-1...3 out of 4 on the card, much props to Doug and the whole Timeform team. Have to admit that i don't go into any of my races without looking at your pace projections. Gives me a good idea how the race sets up for my horses, and what to discuss with the jockey if needed..Thanks for an excellent product!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Saratoga

Great job Doug!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks. CJ does a great job with the figs. Our company has a lot of good ideas, like the Pace Projector Alan mentioned (though his circuit is tough because of timing issues)

I just get to pick my spots and have to execute. I didn't quite get it done at the KEE meet, but was profitable at Belmont, wildly profitable at Saratoga, and off the charts at Aqueduct. Feels good to at least have the opportunity to prove that I can post a big long term profit outside of PID, in a public handicapping role.

Our West coast analysts at Timeform, Finch and Finnegan have done an excellent job as well. I hope it translates to people seeing the value of our past performances, and knowing that you can get an edge in areas with them.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:30 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
I will no longer be involved with TimeformUS after February 8th.

Over the course of the year 2013, I made speed figures for over 10,000 North American races. I also did analytical full write-ups for well over 200 races. The suggested bets at the bottom of those write-ups produced a very, very strong betting profit.

As a figure-maker, CJ is an absolute machine. He was responsible for making speed figures for over 30,000 races last year alone...and I'll always be in awe of him. It was a tremendous opportunity and experience working with him. He's a great person and a hell of a talented and efficient figure maker.

Unfortunately for me, a decision was made by the New York City office to move my position to New York City. The goal being to get some TV exposure at NYRA tracks and at Monmouth Park, in the future.

My girlfriend is in the final year of Grad School, and there was absolutely no way I could ever even consider uprooting and moving to New York...especially with the promise of being forced to drive around between NYRA tracks and Monmouth. In plain English, that sounds like a sure-thing traffic fatality waiting to happen...and I'd hate to put my family through another death...and I'd really hate to die myself while I'm still young and have tons of savings and investments, everything paid off, and virtually no bills, and no debts anywhere.

Anyway, it was an honor to work with TimeformUS for 1-year and 9-months. They have a very talented team and a very good product with a lot of innovative ideas. They didn't discourage me much from speaking my mind, but I blame them for me now having a Twitter account. God, will I not miss Twitter once I can wean myself from it's ugly addiction.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know about my impending departure. Perhaps they will find someone internally, but if not, there will be a racing analyst, figure-maker, and TV job opening in the New York City area, very soon.
Wow, a major loss for the Timeform group. Doug--you did an amazing job with this.

Paul
Old 01-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
Wow, a major loss for the Timeform group. Doug--you did an amazing job with this.

Paul
Appreciate it, Paul.

They still have some very talented people left there...and the juice was just about squeezed dry with me. It was disappointing to hear their intention of moving the position to NYC two weeks ago.

I really do look forward to taking a little time off and getting back to doing day to day betting, and the kind of trip handicapping I was able to do when I had free time.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 AM
Washington Park

Doug, best of luck to you..Your decision to stay put and put your family and girlfriend ahead of yourself, well that just shows you have a tremendous amount of character..Your contributions to TimeformUs will surely be missed..
Old 01-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Doug, best of luck to you..Your decision to stay put and put your family and girlfriend ahead of yourself, well that just shows you have a tremendous amount of character..Your contributions to TimeformUs will surely be missed..
I appreciate it, Alan.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Dee Tee Stables

hate to hear you won't be there any more, but certainly understand why.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Oriental Park

Doug, great work with Timeform but family always comes first. You will be successful with whatever is next because of your tremendous work ethic.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Tom. Appreciate it.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Goodwood

Now if they'd just figure out how to make their pps more user friendly, they'd be all set.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Gulfstream Park

Sorry to hear this Dougie. Was just beginning to get back into the game after a few months away and started using Timeform some. Always looked for your byline and comments.

Stay on twitter, just only give us the winners!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Hialeah Park

Your run at Aqueduct a month back was nothing short of amazing.

Stinks to hear about the news, but confident you'll land on your feet when time permits. Best of luck Dougie!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Del Mar

Doug,

You've done for capping what the Bykster's has done for Horse Racing radio.

Enough Said!

Spyder from SC
Old 01-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I will no longer be involved with TimeformUS after February 8th.

Over the course of the year 2013, I made speed figures for over 10,000 North American races. I also did analytical full write-ups for well over 200 races. The suggested bets at the bottom of those write-ups produced a very, very strong betting profit.

As a figure-maker, CJ is an absolute machine. He was responsible for making speed figures for over 30,000 races last year alone...and I'll always be in awe of him. It was a tremendous opportunity and experience working with him. He's a great person and a hell of a talented and efficient figure maker.

Unfortunately for me, a decision was made by the New York City office to move my position to New York City. The goal being to get some TV exposure at NYRA tracks and at Monmouth Park, in the future.

My girlfriend is in the final year of Grad School, and there was absolutely no way I could ever even consider uprooting and moving to New York...especially with the promise of being forced to drive around between NYRA tracks and Monmouth. In plain English, that sounds like a sure-thing traffic fatality waiting to happen...and I'd hate to put my family through another death...and I'd really hate to die myself while I'm still young and have tons of savings and investments, everything paid off, and virtually no bills, and no debts anywhere.

Anyway, it was an honor to work with TimeformUS for 1-year and 9-months. They have a very talented team and a very good product with a lot of innovative ideas. They didn't discourage me much from speaking my mind, but I blame them for me now having a Twitter account. God, will I not miss Twitter once I can wean myself from it's ugly addiction.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know about my impending departure. Perhaps they will find someone internally, but if not, there will be a racing analyst, figure-maker, and TV job opening in the New York City area, very soon.
you got on a train that is rolling....Seriously?