Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Monmouth Park

Default 16th at Scottsdale

The best hole on the tour all year long. I just watched a piece on it and they were talking about how some players avoid the tournament completely because of the 16th. I think golf needs more of that. You know for as many people that are on that hole, they all behave when it comes to hit a shot. But as soon as the ball is struck, it's an explosion. The players that are there seem to really enjoy it as well. I wonder if the boys at Augusta National even watch the tournament.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:01 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarta
The best hole on the tour all year long. I just watched a piece on it and they were talking about how some players avoid the tournament completely because of the 16th. I think golf needs more of that. You know for as many people that are on that hole, they all behave when it comes to hit a shot. But as soon as the ball is struck, it's an explosion. The players that are there seem to really enjoy it as well. I wonder if the boys at Augusta National even watch the tournament.

Sam...I can see the crowd behind the tee box on #12 at Augusta acting that way...
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B
Sam...I can see the crowd behind the tee box on #12 at Augusta acting that way...
how awesome would that be?!?!? Not only do they get to yell at the players on the 12th, they get the guys coming down the 11th fairway! Felt bad for the Quinney yesterday. (I'm assuming he lost, I watched the approaches on 18 and Baddely was in the catbirds seat) He'll get one soon enough.